Jump to content

Hatsuru Koto Naki Mirai Yori (Frontwing) apparently being localized


Recommended Posts

So I was looking around and stumbled across Frontwing's VN called Hatsuru Koto Naki Mirai Yori. On vndb it's listed as being translated and released by Frontwing themselves but I can't find any sauce for it, anyone have any idea if its true? Can I keep my hopes up? :kosame:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It was announced for localization shortly after its initial release, I think... but I also think it is pretty far down the list, seeing as we haven't heard anything since.  It is an excellent game though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Clephas said:

It was announced for localization shortly after its initial release, I think... but I also think it is pretty far down the list, seeing as we haven't heard anything since.  It is an excellent game though.

Ahh I see, thanks for that answer~

7 minutes ago, SpeedBeatz said:

The source is this Reddit AMA answer; as you can gather from reading it, it is planned to happen eventually, but not for a good while. 2018 would be optimistic.

On the bright side it is a more recent release so it might be easier to translate it to english. After Phantom Trigger and Subahibi (maybe Island too) are out of the way maybe they'll get to Hatsuru Koto Naki Mirai Yori

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frontwing *wants* to localize their entire catalogue. There's only so much manpower available to them though and they want to do third party stuff too, on top of seemingly releasing everything new of theirs in dual language from now on (not confirmed but seems likely), so it'll take a good long while to happen. Hatsumira is likely near the top of their to-do list, if that's any solace.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hatsumira is propably the only single Frontwing game that somehow manages to avoid the bullshit apparent in all their previous titles. It may not be the best amongst the best, but a really decent game with great worldbuilding, cool characters and a lot of effort put into it, which happens rarely in vn's nowadays. I was fond to see the annoucement, but I'm not expecting it to happen anytime soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really familiar with Frontwing (their stellar title is, to me, Grisaia) but I've heard before this "bullshit" thing in their games.

What is it? There are a lot of people who love Grisaia, but a whole lot too that bash it. Is it for the H scenes? For the writing?

I still don't think I'd like Grisaia. I picked up the anime and couldn't even get to the second half of the first episode. Yes, it's that bad (for me).

Link to post
Share on other sites

As for current situation, no idea when it'll be released. Besides I think Frontwing want to focus their manpower in either Phantom Trigger first, seeing that it was another experiment from them just like Decay said. So in the end, what I could say is that it'll be not localized in this year at the very least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Okarin said:

What is it? There are a lot of people who love Grisaia, but a whole lot too that bash it. Is it for the H scenes? For the writing?

It's simply because it is popular and receives allot of attention, anything that has a large fanbase will always have an equal amount of detractors. 

I give allot of shit to Frontwing, especially since the whole "Phantom Trigger" thing continues to baffle and confuse me, but if they are actively pushing for some of their lesser know titles to receive localisations that goes along way to buying my goodwill. Although, subtract allot of that goodwill if they have absolutely no plan to localize the +18 content at a latter date. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Okarin said:

What is it? There are a lot of people who love Grisaia, but a whole lot too that bash it. Is it for the H scenes? For the writing?

Hard to say, but from what I saw in some review it's probably because of Yuuji who is different from most of charage (Badass and decisive). Also with some of his thought which most people find that it was funny, and surprisingly dark past. There's also that back at 2012 good charage was quite rare, and the heroines were had some interesting past as well. Other than that, maybe there's some meme born from Kajitsu causing people to check it up. Keep in mind that it's just my speculation though.

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

It's simply because it is popular and receives allot of attention, anything that has a large fanbase will always have an equal amount of detractors. 

I give allot of shit to Frontwing, especially since the whole "Phantom Trigger" thing continues to baffle and confuse me, but if they are actively pushing for some of their lesser know titles to receive localisations that goes along way to buying my goodwill. Although, subtract allot of that goodwill if they have absolutely no plan to localize the +18 content at a latter date. 

First part: you are completely right, people who aren't into something bash it just because it's popular and they don't happen to like it (understand it?). Happens all the time with videogame companies, tech companies, etc.

Second part: you have to separate the company's shenanigans from the quality of their games. In the case of Grisaia and its lot, MAYBE I'd be mad if they removed the 18+. I don't know really about the quality of its H scenes, but they seem to be good. Butcherings like Konosora are ABSOLUTELY out of the question. When you remove a H scene that leaves a hole in the writing, and don't fill it with anything, it looks super lame. There are some games that just are meant to have the H, let's us all face it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm... Might be interesting. However,

Spoiler

protag in an alternate world

stories are pretty polarizing to me. I either love 'em or hate 'em. Really comes down to the characters and to a lesser extent how interesting the setting is.

Spoiler

There are waaaaay to many manga series based around alternate worlds these days. It's getting to the point where they're just picking random vocations as the reason for the protag getting summoned.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Hmmm... Might be interesting. However,

  Reveal hidden contents

protag in an alternate world

stories are pretty polarizing to me. I either love 'em or hate 'em. Really comes down to the characters and to a lesser extent how interesting the setting is.

  Reveal hidden contents

There are waaaaay to many manga series based around alternate worlds these days. It's getting to the point where they're just picking random vocations as the reason for the protag getting summoned.

 

You don't know the half of it, there are so many different isekai stories you'd be able to find one that you'll like eventually. That said this is Frontwing so their content should be good, especially since Kajitsu came out in 2011 so they've probably improved on their creations

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

Hmmm... Might be interesting. However,

  Reveal hidden contents

protag in an alternate world

stories are pretty polarizing to me. I either love 'em or hate 'em. Really comes down to the characters and to a lesser extent how interesting the setting is.

  Reveal hidden contents

There are waaaaay to many manga series based around alternate worlds these days. It's getting to the point where they're just picking random vocations as the reason for the protag getting summoned.

 

For the trivia here, apparently another world (Isekai) genre was too popular. So much it was banned at one of story writing contest back at Japan (Here's the source, and it's in Indonesian just in case you want to understand it using Google Translate). As for this VN, well let's just said that I don't knew if this is good or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isekai... it's sad how quickly I caught on to the meaning even though I wasn't trying to learn Japanese. Which I should, but it's hard to find the time.

I can totally understand why it would be banned. It's pretty lazy in my opinion. Not in so much that a story is about another world. It's that they keep rehashing the same tropes and basic setup.
 

Spoiler

 

The MC is killed by...

75% a car/truck when crossing the street. The driver was asleep or drunk. Or the MC was trying (and probably failed) to save someone else.

5% Suicide

5% Battle (I'd lump kamikaze in here)

5% Overworking

5% Just woke up someplace else

5% Deus ex Death

 

The MC and probably his friends/classmates are summoned to...

75% Become hero's to fight the Demon Lord

5% Become tactical nukes in a war with another kingdom/country/force/race/etc

5% Be used for some skill or modern knowledge they possess (i.e. profession)

5% Deus ex Summoneth

5% MC was originally from another world and has to come back for reasons...

5% Fulfill a prophecy.

 

I'm oversimplifying and there are certainly more examples but these are the common ones. And as many variations there are it's all just minutia in light of what is thematically the same gambit.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Isekai stories are very old. In anime, the rightful king of isekai stories is The vision of Escaflowne (1996). You probably won't find a story as grand or thoroughly worked as this. Suffice to say that the protag was no otaku (huh Re;Zero?), she was a GIRL.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure you could find older examples in novels/literature... Like I said the idea itself isn't to blame it's how the Japanese Mangaka/Writers are executing the same scenario's when they could do so much more with a little creative freedom. But they don't because it's gotten popular and they're trying to cash in on the trends. Or perhaps it's mainly Doujinshi doing the cashing/fandumb. Either way the result is the same - fatigue.

Never watched Escaflowne. I know the name but back then I was too busy with work and my exposure to anime was mainly from childhood and eventually Adult Swim. Can't remember when that started.

I dunno about Isekai anime with girl protag's (at least off the top of my head) but there are a few manga currently running. Of course most of them read like an otome with a bunch of "good looking" guys doting on her. Which I don't really have a problem with. I mean I'd be a hypocrite if I did given the vast number of harems focused on male readers. I just don't understand the appeal of a bunch of tall lanky dudes who typically are at some level all sadists (I know not always). /shrug. Guess that's what Japanese girls like. I recall a Japanese survey about RL male actors I saw somewhere. It was pretty clear that manly guys were not on their menu.

Anyway, I digress. I'm looking forward to another game from frontwing. I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

Edited by EdwardWongHPTIV
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

I'm sure you could find older examples in novels/literature... Like I said the idea itself isn't to blame it's how the Japanese Mangaka/Writers are executing the same scenario's when they could do so much more with a little creative freedom. But they don't because it's gotten popular and they're trying to cash in on the trends. Or perhaps it's mainly Doujinshi doing the cashing/fandumb. Either way the result is the same - fatigue.

Never watched Escaflowne. I know the name but back then I was too busy with work and my exposure to anime was mainly from childhood and eventually Adult Swim. Can't remember when that started.

I dunno about Isekai anime with girl protag's (at least off the top of my head) but there are a few manga currently running. Of course most of them read like an otome with a bunch of "good looking" guys doting on her. Which I don't really have a problem with. I mean I'd be a hypocrite if I did given the vast number of harems focused on male readers. I just don't understand the appeal of a bunch of tall lanky dudes who typically are at some level all sadists (I know not always). /shrug. Guess that's what Japanese girls like. I recall a Japanese survey about RL male actors I saw somewhere. It was pretty clear that manly guys were not on their menu.

Anyway, I digress. I'm looking forward to another game from frontwing. I'm just being cautiously optimistic.

Actually isekai's are my guilty pleasure, three of my favorite light novels (Mushoku Tensei, Tate no Yuusha, and Zero no Tsukaima) are isekai. Someone on 4chan listed all these isekais, like one about a chef or a dog or something, but I'm having a hard time shifting through them all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

*Cough* Well, I've read the manga adaptation of the first two and despite my grumbling I do like those two. Though Tate no Yuusha just finished an arch that I was beginning to find tiresome. Hopefully it gets better. I remember reading Zero but I either didn't keep with it or the translation was dropped (the manga).

While the setups for both fall into my list, I just really like the characters of both series. So yeah. Love it or hate it. But I groan inside every time I see the same backstory...

 

(I probably should get into reading LN's)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

*Cough* Well, I've read the manga adaptation of the first two and despite my grumbling I do like those two. Though Tate no Yuusha just finished an arch that I was beginning to find tiresome. Hopefully it gets better. I remember reading Zero but I either didn't keep with it or the translation was dropped (the manga).

While the setups for both fall into my list, I just really like the characters of both series. So yeah. Love it or hate it. But I groan inside every time I see the same backstory...

 

(I probably should get into reading LN's)

The light novels are infinitely better, but again they're novels. Well since reading VN's is a step above LN's its not too much of a difference, in fact mangas are usually adaptations of either of the two and almost never vice versa. I especially recommend Mushoku Tensei, I found it by looking at the most popular manga on baka updates and the LN was near the top, with good reason. I'm actually sad the LN hasn't been licensed yet

Well anyway I'm especially looking forward to see what Frontwing does with isekai, actually I think it'll be my first isekai VN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to check the LN out.

Spoiler

I've seen one about a Pharmacist and a Veterinarian recently. Plus one where a salaryman gets summoned basically to be a stud because of his bloodline. Don't think I've seen a chef or dog though. Oh, there is one where the guy reincarnates as a intelligent sword in another world. Queue the series full of inanimate objects. Oh, and then there's the girl that reincarnates as a spider in a dungeon and a guy that is a spirit that can possess monster's bodies (actually is in a dog for a while now that I think about it). Yet another reincarnation but this time a slime. Totally forgot about all the reincarnation stories. Anyways, enough of that.

Wait, are you talking about reading the Japanese LN's or translated?

*Waits for obligatory "It's time to learn Japanese" post*

Joking aside we shall see. Come to think of it I haven't read any VN's on the subject either.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EdwardWongHPTIV said:

I'll have to check the LN out.

  Reveal hidden contents

I've seen one about a Pharmacist and a Veterinarian recently. Plus one where a salaryman gets summoned basically to be a stud because of his bloodline. Don't think I've seen a chef or dog though. Oh, there is one where the guy reincarnates as a intelligent sword in another world. Queue the series full of inanimate objects. Oh, and then there's the girl that reincarnates as a spider in a dungeon and a guy that is a spirit that can possess monster's bodies (actually is in a dog for a while now that I think about it). Yet another reincarnation but this time a slime. Totally forgot about all the reincarnation stories. Anyways, enough of that.

Wait, are you talking about reading the Japanese LN's or translated?

*Waits for obligatory "It's time to learn Japanese" post*

Joking aside we shall see. Come to think of it I haven't read any VN's on the subject either.

Spider eh, that was another of my favorites, not the highest quality but I read it the translation in a flash. Don't recognize any of the others, and now I remember about that chef one, I think the MC reincarnated as a dog in a kitchen in Valhalla or some place, the place with all the Norse gods.

Translated, it's hard to memorize the kanji (I only remember about 20, maybe 30 if I actually look at em) but I have a very basic grasp on the grammar

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-4 at 4:00 AM, Nandemonai said:

Didn't Escaflowne do really poorly in Japan, though?

I don't care too much. Escaflowne is an amazing series. Not perfect, but more rounded-up than, say, Evangelion (even if Evangelion was in fact more ambitious).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...