Visual Novel Reader Help

Codesterz

Has anybody found a way to add new words to the shared dictionary in VNR now that it is down? When I go to the shared dictionary there are thousands of entries there. If I try to add one it won't save and therefore doesn't get used by VNR. Considering there are thousands of entries being shown, there should be a file somewhere on my PC with this data in it. Does anyone know what file it is and where it is? It should be possible to add new terms with something like notepad+ if I can just find this file.

I have no idea which file it would be. I've looked at some of them in notepad+ and they just show up as garbled gibberish. I have no idea idea what I would need to do to properly view and modify them. I was hoping someone more technically capable would have found a way by now. None of the other machine translator software have the ability to overlay the translated text on top of a fullscreen VN which makes them worthless. If you don't add character names into the shared dictionary it commonly messes up the machine translations when a name gets spoken.

Visual Novel Reader\Library\Dictionaries\ehnd\UserDict_@sokcuri_name

I don't know if it's the right one, but that entire folder have files like this. I can't do much with limited japanese and zero korean and chinese. If someone understands how to edit this, let me know. I'm with the same problem.

Edited by MaggieROBOT

• 2 years later...

Hey, I've been using VNR for some time but recently it started malfunctioning, so I found a solution of changing the hook method in some games, but now I've run into a new problem, the "menu" option in the corner menu doesn't show up in some games. I'm trying to figure out why and how to fix this, or at least how to change the hook method without using it.  I would really appreciate some help from more experienced people :)

qrNrUAN.png