PS3 4.81 to 3.55

Akimoto Masato

So I wanted to bring my old PS3 back to 3.55 from 4.81 so I could jailbreak it so it has more use other than collecting dust in a box, I found out that I needed an e3 flasher which does something that I don't know and I don't want to stick a thing in my PS3 and then just fuck it up when I inevitably destroy it, I have the .PUP file for 3.55 but I want to make sure that it can downgrade so I can install the jailbreak. Does anyone know if it can work? I've read some wiki how's and some like forum posts but they gave me little to no information on how to do it......

E3 flasher is the more used flasher since it's the easier to intal and other flashers like Progskeet require to solder (like 50 times) your ps3. The purpose of the flasher is to rewrite and clean your motherboard back to 4.55 and allow you afterward to intal pkg files in your ps3 (multiman and playing all dlc for free, but the most interesting thing is that a cwf rogero will allow you to play a lot of ps1/ps2/psp game and to use ntfs external hard drive which is more convenient that fat32) . Understand that you have no other way  since ofw> 4.55  prevents you do downgrade your ps3 without flasher.

If you're not used to do something like that, don't do it. Ask someone comfortable with this or ask a professionnal.

Edited by Kirashi

1 hour ago, Kirashi said:

E3 flasher is the more used flasher since it's the easier to intal and other flashers like Progskeet require to solder (like 50 times) your ps3. The purpose of the flasher is to rewrite and clean your motherboard back to 4.55 and allow you afterward to intal pkg files in your ps3 (multiman and playing all dlc for free, but the most interesting thing is that a cwf rogero will allow you to play a lot of ps1/ps2/psp game and to use ntfs external hard drive which is more convenient that fat32) . Understand that you have no other way  since ofw> 4.55  prevents you do downgrade your ps3 without flasher.

If you're not used to do something like that, don't do it. Ask someone comfortable with this or ask a professionnal.

I see, guess im fucking it up either way it goes, I was going too put  rebug cfw but that's a thing in the past I guess 

i could just buy an already cfw machine then go from there

edit: I had an idea, since my PlayStation has been alive since the dawn of time, I could just go in and put the 3.55 update on it manually, I have the official software package, it's not like it's doing anything better and if I fuck it up I can just buy the cfw machine

Edited by Akimoto Masato

4 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

I see, guess im fucking it up either way it goes, I was going too put  rebug cfw but that's a thing in the past I guess 

i could just buy an already cfw machine then go from there

edit: I had an idea, since my PlayStation has been alive since the dawn of time, I could just go in and put the 3.55 update on it manually, I have the official software package, it's not like it's doing anything better and if I fuck it up I can just buy the cfw machine

I said a mistake, it is not the cfw rogero but the cfw cobra I was talking about.

Buying an already cfw from some random place is not a good idea:

First understand that you don't always know what you'll buy: Is it a good machine? A recent one? An old one? Slim? Fat? Did the guy put some thermal paste?

The fact that the ps3 will work one day doesn't mean it will work for long. Be sure to buy one from a place where the guys know what they are talking about, ask them a lot of question and how they flashed the ps3. I would like to explain more but I am not really confortable when it comes to explain this kind of thing in english. But I will give you 3 advices:

1) Be sure to pick a ps3 slim, the ps3 fat has too much thermal issues

2) Buy a ps3 cwf cobra, it is REALLY the more convenient. It is easy to check since it's the only cfw allowing you to use webman.

3) Be careful that the ps3 you're buying has the blu ray working, because if not, you will have a cfw no BD, which means cwf no Blu Ray Disk. Undersant what I'm talking about? Some random dudes buy ps3 for cheap because the blu ray doesn't work anymore, flash them, and use this cfw no BD, meaning twice work for the motherboard. If you play game like asssassin's creed, gta, skyrim or persona, you can be sure that your ps3 will burn in a short time. 

Edit: don't try to manually downgrade an ofw ps3, you will just brick it...

Edited by Kirashi

Your best bet is to bring your ps3 to a store that can make the downgrade for you.

It's not worth it to buy the e3 flasher for one console (or at least, it wasn't when i wanted to downgrade mine, didn't do it in the end).

Oh and also, DO NOT try to downgrade to 3.55 without e3 or other flasher, it will brick your ps3.

12 hours ago, Kirashi said:

I said a mistake, it is not the cfw rogero but the cfw cobra I was talking about.

Buying an already cfw from some random place is not a good idea:

First understand that you don't always know what you'll buy: Is it a good machine? A recent one? An old one? Slim? Fat? Did the guy put some thermal paste?

The fact that the ps3 will work one day doesn't mean it will work for long. Be sure to buy one from a place where the guys know what they are talking about, ask them a lot of question and how they flashed the ps3. I would like to explain more but I am not really confortable when it comes to explain this kind of thing in english. But I will give you 3 advices:

1) Be sure to pick a ps3 slim, the ps3 fat has too much thermal issues

2) Buy a ps3 cwf cobra, it is REALLY the more convenient. It is easy to check since it's the only cfw allowing you to use webman.

3) Be careful that the ps3 you're buying has the blu ray working, because if not, you will have a cfw no BD, which means cwf no Blu Ray Disk. Undersant what I'm talking about? Some random dudes buy ps3 for cheap because the blu ray doesn't work anymore, flash them, and use this cfw no BD, meaning twice work for the motherboard. If you play game like asssassin's creed, gta, skyrim or persona, you can be sure that your ps3 will burn in a short time. 

Edit: don't try to manually downgrade an ofw ps3, you will just brick it...

6 hours ago, Tweek91330 said:

Your best bet is to bring your ps3 to a store that can make the downgrade for you.

It's not worth it to buy the e3 flasher for one console (or at least, it wasn't when i wanted to downgrade mine, didn't do it in the end).

Oh and also, DO NOT try to downgrade to 3.55 without e3 or other flasher, it will brick your ps3.

I can't do it anyways lol, when I tried it said "No applicable data" so yea I'm just gonna either find someone who can downgrade it or just buy one that's 3.55 ofw so i can do it myself