Chiitrans Issue

Ray97

So, I'm usually using Chiitrans App to read untranslated JP VN. However, today, after updating my windows the app refused to pick up any text in the VN as shown by the image

g

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Uninstalling didn’t work for me either

Edited by Ray97
Font colour

14 hours ago, Akimoto Masato said:

If you didn't notice, some visual novels are trying to drop support for those things so they can get paid for the translated version 

im probably wrong, but idk

Nah I doubt that was the cause for this case. It turns out the windows update caused the program was running fine on my other PC(which doesn't install the latest update yet) and behave the same way when I installed the latest update on the PC

More Detail:

Looks like Chiitrans have a problem with .net frameworks v4.7. So, if you're using Chiitrans and facing the same issue, I recommend to go back to v4.6 to avoid this issue

Edited by Ray97
More Detail

10 hours ago, RafaChino said:

Mind to teach your ways how to revert from 4.7? Googled but to no avail :(

If you're using Windows 10:

Go to Windows Update ---> Update History ---> Uninstall Updates

OR

choose the Recovery tabs instead of Windows Update and select "Go Back to an earlier build"

On 4/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, Akimoto Masato said:

If you didn't notice, some visual novels are trying to drop support for those things so they can get paid for the translated version 

Text-hooking was never 'supported' by developers to begin with.  And the people who text-hook are a tiny and inconsequential fraction of the English fanbase.  The reason that text-hooking compatibility could be dropping is that VNR, which featured continuously-updated engine support, is no longer being maintained.  On top of that, the AGTH code database disappeared into the void due to collective apathy, making H-codes less accessible.

Edited by sanahtlig

If I had to make a guess text-hooking is probably only possible via the Win32 API? If so it may be that MS is trying it's best to block access to certain portions of the Win32 API from .NET because of "security" concerns... legitimately or not. Seems like they've been harping on about how windows apps are so much more secure than those nasty old windows applications. At least that's what I recall being said when certain game industry peeps complained about MS trying to force everything into their store. Because sandboxed apps are soooo much more secure. Sandboxes are never gotten around, you know?

Well it's all a moot point if I'm wrong about the need for Win32 API. But if I'm right that sorta sucks for any text hooking programs written on .NET.

• 6 months later...

Got another problem with Chiitrans here.

Chiitrans does not seem to pick up text from Senran Banka (千恋*万花)

Im sure my Chiitrans is working since I tested it with 3 other VNs and it picks up those text fine. It seems to only not work with this game and I have no idea why

Chiitrans doesn't hook all VN's. You can try to use ITH for text hooking instead and just let Chiitrans parse the text fom the clipboard.

I think there was also a way to use an H-code in Chiitrans, so you could also search one for Senran Banka.

Or you just wait until Sekai Project releases the translated version.

CjcQBE6.jpg

krkrz?

H-code?

ITH?

Can't quite understand but from what I know you're suggesting using ITH to hook to the VN then use Chiitrans to translate that? AKA use ITH as an inbetween?

I can use VNR to get text but how do I get Chiitrans to use that from VNR since I only know how to use it to connect to VNs.

Edited by iamnoob