JAST USA finally reveals the release date for their most hotly anticipated upcoming release!

Decay

9 hours ago, Ariurotl said:

I didn't even know that she held the day hostage!

Please.  You can't hold a day hostage.  I'm not sure who this poor April girl is, but someone really ought to ask her parents where she got the last name "26" ...

As for Sumaga and Django, looking at JAST USA's tumblr, we can gain useful (if now half a year out of date ... damn you, Jast USA) information: http://follow.jastusa.com/post/128544859416/progresslog

Sure, it was last updated in September, more than 7 months ago.  But it was updated regularly-ish between December 2015 and September 2016.  We can find out a lot by reading between the lines of what they updated and how often.  Sumaga was listed on 12/3 as being in 'editing', and then on 9/16 as '70% edited'.  Now, unless Sumaga is huge, this is pathetic; but it also probably means Sumaga is done being edited now.  After all, 10 months to get 2/3 done means 5 months later - right about now - is a reasonable estimate for when it finished.  Django, well, that doesn't bode well at all.  It has one update - on the initial date they started putting updates there - saying "Pending translation", with no subsequent updates.

You can get an idea which games are being concentrated on (or at least, were 6 months ago) by finding the ones with frequent status updates.  That'd be Trample on Schatten, Nympho Sensei Ryoko, Princess X, and Sweet Home (along with a few others that actually released).  Sumaga isn't one, but it was updated the last time they updated the tracker.  Katahane, Eiyuu Senki, and Django ... were not.  How much to make of that, it's hard to say, but it certainly doesn't look promising for those titles coming out anytime soon.

Edited by Nandemonai

Sumaga has basically been in some form of editing since 2010, so considering the scale of time we're working with here I'm not sure you should read into it in that way and make assumptions. It's really anyone's guess as to whether Sumaga's editing is finished or not, and even if it is finished, what that means for its actual release.

21 hours ago, Clephas said:

... JAST and their game-localization schedule... I remember hearing about the localization for Hanachirasu back in 2010, right after the translation patch came out... it's amazing how just editing the script took them five years.

At least Hanachirasu case was not too bad compared to Seinarukana, if only Hanachirasu was had a fan translation patch at TL Wiki before official release by JAST. For Seinarukana, it's planned to be released at 2012 before delayed several times and finally released at 2016 (No translation patch before 2016).

As for Sumaga, well either way it's probably will take long time before finally officially released. So just be patient if you look forward to that I guess.

7 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Please.  You can't hold a day hostage.  I'm not sure who this poor April girl is, but someone really ought to ask her parents where she got the last name "26" ...

The 26 means she's either an android, a experimental specimen, or a clone.... Which means she's probably a failure in some way if she was captured so easily. Not a very useful hostage. Nympho-Sensei is going to get squat out of the evil organization responsible for April. Fail. Though the sensei was probably just looking for a pet to take for a walk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2017/4/19 at 3:29 AM, Clephas said:

Don't worry, Sumaga isn't worth playing.

I don't really know how you come up with this conclusion.

Sumaga was one of the best games in 2008, with a median score of 83 at ErogameScape from 1468 entries (6th highest out of more than 600 erogames that year).

下倉バイオ is one of my favorite writers, and Sumaga was one of his really creative stories just kinda like 君と彼女と彼女の恋. I still think it is a masterpiece really worth reading: Great creative story, really good humor, surprise ending.

Edited by syfjhz22

15 minutes ago, syfjhz22 said:

I don't really know how you come up with this conclusion.

Sumaga was one of the best games in 2008, with a median score of 83 at ErogameScape from 1468 entries (6th highest out of more than 600 erogames that year).

下倉バイオ is one of my favorite writers, and Sumaga was one of his really creative stories just kinda like 君と彼女と彼女の恋. I still think it is a masterpiece really worth reading: Great creative story, really good humor, surprise ending.

I'm quite sure that it was just Clephas opinion, because after all each people here had their own opinion. As for Sumaga, since it isn't translated yet of course I still don't know what VN Sumaga like.

Just now, littleshogun said:

I'm quite sure that it was just Clephas opinion, because after all each people here had their own opinion. As for Sumaga, since it isn't translated yet of course I still don't know what VN Sumaga like.

I personally think statement like that needs a little bit justification even if it's personal opinion.

Considering ErogameScape is a very statistically precise rating platform, I do believe its score reflects what most people think about this game, especially with a large sample size for this game.

For example, I don't like Dies irae in Clephas avatar even though it's a score 85 game. Actually, I don't like most games made by light since Dies irae because these are way too 中二 (Chuni, not really sure how to translate) for my taste.

But I won't say it's not worth playing.

Edited by syfjhz22