Nightshade Ninja otome VN released on Steam

ChaosRaven

I've yet to really try any otome. Mostly because there are a lot of tropes/themes in Shoujo manga that annoy me (to be fair there are a lot of tropes in all manga that annoy me for various reasons). But recently I've been trying to keep a more open mind about these things and have at least been giving Shoujo series a chance. A non slice of life title might be a good start I suppose.

I've heard this is one of the better D3P titles, and really good if kinda short, but I just bought it so I haven't read it myself. That opinion is also from other otome fans, so I can't say how a non-fan would like it... There's a non-specific route order going around that you should leave Gekkamaru's route for last, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished Nightshade and I'll have to say this is one of the best otomes available on Steam. The art, the music, and the voice acting is great. The story is decent and it really depends on the person whether or not they'll like it. The heroine, Enju (default name is voiced) makes for a great heroine. She can be a really badass shinobi in certain routes. The guys are also pretty great and I liked the cast overall. All in all, I really recommend it if you like otome. Otherwise, it serves as a great introduction to otome games.