can you guys help me...?

Arkamondal

actually wanted to play The legend of heroes: trails of cold steel (ps3) in my PC....though got the game running in my PC with a emulator and the game works fine upto the menu screen but when i start the game there's no image coming to the screen(black screen) but dialogs are coming.....don't know how to solve it....

2 hours ago, Arkamondal said:

actually wanted to play The legend of heroes: trails of cold steel (ps3) in my PC....though got the game running in my PC with a emulator and the game works fine upto the menu screen but when i start the game there's no image coming to the screen(black screen) but dialogs are coming.....don't know how to solve it....

http://www.allgamesdelta.net/2017/04/trails-of-cold-steel-i-ii-coming-to-pc.html

can't wait, huh?

Just now, Tweek91330 said:

Wait for pc release.

I didn't even know there was a running ps3 emulator avaible.

Anyways, i don't think ps3 emulators are working for actual gaming, i guess they can just "launch" the game right now...

using RPCS3 emulator with PSNstuff which helped the game running but got black screen whenever i hit start in the game but dialogs are ok (just noticed that the FPS is quite low after start around 10 fps....)

I'm pretty sure there are impassible difficulties in creating any type of working Ps3 simulator. Ordinary PCs just don't have enough computing power to emulate a vastly different platform, almost as powerful as they are. So, it's actually a miracle that you managed to make anything working. Though, to be honest, I haven't investigated this matter since ~2011, so I don't know, maybe something changed since then (though I doubt it).

11 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I'm pretty sure there are impassible difficulties in creating any type of working Ps3 simulator. Ordinary PCs just don't have enough computing power to emulate a vastly different platform, almost as powerful as they are.

reality hits really hard dude...feeling depressed....:vinty:

8 hours ago, Arkamondal said:

reality hits really hard dude...feeling depressed....:vinty:

They're getting there. The PS3 had less than 1 GB of RAM and sure the CPU was weird but that can be done through sheer power. An average computer is already many times as powerful as the PS3 so it won't be too long before an emulator is released. Some dude got the PS3 version of Persona 5 working at about 10fps peaking at 30fps.

That being said, Trails of Cold Steel is getting a PC release soon. Soon as in some time this American summer. So you should just pick that up :P 

• 6 years later...

Hi,

To fix the issue of a black screen while playing The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3) on your PC using an emulator, try the following steps:

Update the Emulator: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the emulator. Emulators often receive updates to improve compatibility with games and fix issues. Visit the emulator's official website or forums to download the latest version.

Check Emulator Settings: Review the emulator's settings related to graphics and rendering. Experiment with different settings to see if it resolves the black screen issue. Try changing the graphics backend (OpenGL, DirectX, etc.), resolution, and other video settings.

Verify Game ISO or ROM: Ensure that you have a legitimate and properly dumped ISO or ROM of the game. Corrupted or incomplete game files can cause issues. Try redumping the game from your original disc or obtain a reliable ROM from trusted sources like MSBI Certification.

Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that your PC's graphics drivers are up-to-date. Outdated or faulty drivers can cause graphical issues in emulated games.

Compatibility List and Patches: Check if the game is listed in the emulator's compatibility list. If it is, see if there are any specific patches or fixes available for the game to address common issues.

Alternative Emulator: If all else fails, try using a different PS3 emulator. Some games work better with specific emulators due to differences in emulation accuracy and compatibility.

Keep in mind that emulation is not always perfect, and some games may have compatibility issues or require specific configurations to run correctly. Patience and persistence are key when troubleshooting emulation problems. Additionally, ensure that you own a legal copy of the game before using emulators to comply with copyright laws.

Thanks