VISUAL NOVEL - BATTLE and OP MC

SeiZui

Can someone recommend me a visual novel where the MC is not a poor excuse of a protagonist (useless in battle/ gets power through love and friendship;that sorta thing) i'd definitely love it if it was in a highschool setting and there are use of superpowers... Thanks in advance :)

Edited by SeiZui

11 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Since you actually want the school setting with superpowers, definitely Ayakashibito.

Oh, if you can read untranslated stuff you're lucky, there are tens of great recommendations.

i'll try it thanks... i'll try harder to search more stuff..

I can read basic sentences and characters like the weeb I am lol... but some words are just a pain really :'( 

If you get into untranslated:

Devils Devel Concept (protagonist is overwhelmingly OP, and it is only because of his bad habit of enjoying it too much that he gets in danger Difficulty Level 9)

Hello, Lady (Narita Shinri meets precisely three enemies that can seriously make him work for it... all of them in the true path, lol  Difficulty level 7)

Bullet Butlers (master gunfighter Difficulty Level 7)

Evolimit (quick evolution to immense power  Difficulty Level 7)

Yurikago yori Tenshi made (though he only reveals his true abilities twice in the game...  Difficulty level 6.5)

Izuna Zanshinken (almost entirely one-sided killings, protagonist is modern super-ninja vigilante assassin  Difficulty Level 6.5)

Akatsuki no Goei (though he really only shows it off in the third game Difficulty Level 5.5)

Valkyrie Runabout (protagonist is post-last-battle hero from another world  Difficulty Level 5.5)

Sekai o Sukuu Dake no Kantan na oshigoto (protagonist saves the world so easily it is hilarious Difficulty Level 5.5)

Edit: Difficulty levels are based on the amount of complex narration, word choices, and frequency of combat scenes that necessitate complex descriptions.  I've revised my 1-10 scale based on sex-only nukige being a base of 2, with borderline at 3, and moege/charage varying between 4 and 5 (with rare exceptions where someone decided to get fancy).  As a point of reference, Erect is a solid 4, Dies Irae and Bradyon Veda are both 9.5, and Kajiri Kamui Kagura is 10.  There are no 1 VNs, as far as I've seen.

Edit2:  I honestly recommend Valkyrie Runabout or Sekasuku if you really get desperate and decide to use the TA/jparser combo to play some Japanese VNs... they will scratch your itch.

Edited by Clephas

2 hours ago, Clephas said:

If you get into untranslated:

Devils Devel Concept (protagonist is overwhelmingly OP, and it is only because of his bad habit of enjoying it too much that he gets in danger Difficulty Level 9)

Hello, Lady (Narita Shinri meets precisely three enemies that can seriously make him work for it... all of them in the true path, lol  Difficulty level 7)

Bullet Butlers (master gunfighter Difficulty Level 7)

Evolimit (quick evolution to immense power  Difficulty Level 7)

Yurikago yori Tenshi made (though he only reveals his true abilities twice in the game...  Difficulty level 6.5)

Izuna Zanshinken (almost entirely one-sided killings, protagonist is modern super-ninja vigilante assassin  Difficulty Level 6.5)

Akatsuki no Goei (though he really only shows it off in the third game Difficulty Level 5.5)

Valkyrie Runabout (protagonist is post-last-battle hero from another world  Difficulty Level 5.5)

Sekai o Sukuu Dake no Kantan na oshigoto (protagonist saves the world so easily it is hilarious Difficulty Level 5.5)

Edit: Difficulty levels are based on the amount of complex narration, word choices, and frequency of combat scenes that necessitate complex descriptions.  I've revised my 1-10 scale based on sex-only nukige being a base of 2, with borderline at 3, and moege/charage varying between 4 and 5 (with rare exceptions where someone decided to get fancy).  As a point of reference, Erect is a solid 4, Dies Irae and Bradyon Veda are both 9.5, and Kajiri Kamui Kagura is 10.  There are no 1 VNs, as far as I've seen.

Edit2:  I honestly recommend Valkyrie Runabout or Sekasuku if you really get desperate and decide to use the TA/jparser combo to play some Japanese VNs... they will scratch your itch.

OMG THANK YOU FOR THIS... Im eternally grateful~ itadakimasu :*

13 hours ago, SeiZui said:

im done with tokyo babel and demonbane... i'll try kikokugai it seems interesting.. thanks

I see, then if you need more recommendation I think I could recommend Gekkou no Carnavale if you interested with untranslated one, and Gakhthun if you want translated one (Both of those were didn't had high school though). Hope it'll be help once again.

PS - If you interested with gameplay, then I would suggest you to play both of Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana in case you didn't play those two beforehand.

My first instinct is Fate Stay/Night, Seinarukana, Majikoi,  CoU, Princess Waltz, and Koiken Otome. All are translated and the base setting you described. Fate's MC starts off pretty useless more b/c he doesn't know his own ability, but isn't too annoying.

Best of luck

Edit: Can add Duel Savior to the list as well. Couldn't remember the name of it prior

Edited by skrewball717

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2017 at 0:53 AM, littleshogun said:

I see, then if you need more recommendation I think I could recommend Gekkou no Carnavale if you interested with untranslated one, and Gakhthun if you want translated one (Both of those were didn't had high school though). Hope it'll be help once again.

PS - If you interested with gameplay, then I would suggest you to play both of Eien no Aselia and Seinarukana in case you didn't play those two beforehand.

Thank you again!! Gekkou no Carnavale is a good find :3 though I couldn't finish Seinarukana i'd dL it again in the near future.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:16 AM, skrewball717 said:

My first instinct is Fate Stay/Night, Seinarukana, Majikoi,  CoU, Princess Waltz, and Koiken Otome. All are translated and the base setting you described. Fate's MC starts off pretty useless more b/c he doesn't know his own ability, but isn't too annoying.

Best of luck

Edit: Can add Duel Savior to the list as well. Couldn't remember the name of it prior

Thanks for posting, I remembered some good titles there, sadly i'm done with all of those . I didn't like the Koiken Otome MC much... he's just an AMP (*tears )I thought he was a real badass...  Duel Savior was fun to play...i'd spent hours playing the fighting game xD