Spring 2017 Anime Discussion

ittaku

3 hours ago, havoc said:

Although i'm not so sure about the death in episode nine at first i considered her to be a pretty annoying character but she kinda grew on me.

I didn't mind that character towards the end either. On the other hand none of the antagonists have grown much on me. Alice being the unintentional antagonist is doing dumb shit on a Darkness aka Lalatina level, only without it being funny. I'm not sure they could have made her much stupider.

5 hours ago, ittaku said:

I didn't mind that character towards the end either. On the other hand none of the antagonists have grown much on me. Alice being the unintentional antagonist is doing dumb shit on a Darkness aka Lalatina level, only without it being funny. I'm not sure they could have made her much stupider.

Yeah, she is in my eyes probably the least likable character.

Then again we haven not had much backstory for any of the antagonists either so there really has not been much of a chance for the characters to grow on people.

15 hours ago, havoc said:

Funny, i still disagree with you on there.

And personally i consider him hiding what he found still a very reasonable reaction.
Seeing as how he clearly does not feel part of the ground and from the looks of it is might also be suffering from depression.

Why the hell i would tell half of to the pink blob i just cant figure out, might be bacuse to him she is an outsider and has nothing to do with him.

Although i'm not so sure about the death in episode nine at first i considered her to be a pretty annoying character but she kinda grew on me.

Maybe because his "decision" not to tell the others is flawed, but the author needed the plot to move forward in more ways than "let's spend another episode talking", so he had the MC speak with the magical girl.

Why do I still criticize it? Because if the MC does suffer from depression, he would have difficulty speaking of the matter, and not a complete and absolute blockage of the topic. We know that this is not true due to the scene with the magical girl, yet the scene with the crazy murderer makes a point yet again to show the MC being pained and having a panic attack.

The only thing that would make sense, then, would be for the MC to "drop" or say he found out who the Military Princess was but not tell them the full story due to his scars, since the webpage does not point towards him at all when they find it (a piece of information he obviously knows). So either this plot point of the story is flawed (due to tropes like Miscommunication Kills and Idiot Ball), or the MC cares so very little about the group and their lives that he would prefer to wager their lives as much as necessary to avoid the odd chance of someone figuring out he's got something to do with the topic.

It makes sense for the MC to be withdrawn and erratic, not to be completely blocked off, then suddenly spill the beans when one of the "enemies" just asks about the matter. The MC has been used to add tension and have the magical girl move towards the Imperial Princess, but the narrative doesn't hold the weight of those decisions.

PD: I recommend to put your last sentence in spoilers, for people who are not caught up :nokia:

This deep into anime season. 

eromanga sensei – Continues to show why Elf is the best/most entertaining character. Boring ass little sister and co.

saenai heroine – On Episode 8, why is Megumi so good?

attack on titan – The excitement I had for it has died down, the past few episodes have felt like the first season, which I disliked. (Slow zooming in on a character's face while they express their inner monolgue.) Wake me up when the actions starts back up. 

sukasuka - I didn't grab me at all, I tried to, has become background fodder for me. (I at least have an interest in who gonna die.)

Shows that are really dumb but I've grown to sort of like.

busou shoujo, majustu koushi (the blond girl is fav), tsugumomo (what is this)

16 hours ago, ittaku said:

Seikai suru kado went into a totally unexpected direction this week. It's been very solid and was almost starting to feel repetitive so it's nice to see this change...

Now I'm scared to go for it. Must confess I disliked the sudden burst from the female character and its anti-progress thoughts about "human pride".

• 5 weeks later...

Attack on Titan2 was excellent to the end. Best watch of the season.

Little witch was great.

Tsuki ga kirei had a sweet ending and was solid to the end, despite its many production quality issues. The story and characters were very believable and true throughout and the ending was very satisfying.

Dungeon ended quite nicely for what was otherwise a side story to the main one. It was nowhere near as good as season 1 but after the boring elf arc it was enjoyable.

Saekano was good to the end.

Seikaisuru was intriguing and overall very good though I didn't quite like part of how they ended it.

Eromanga sensei was embarrassingly quite enjoyable despite being really stupid.

Fukumenkei noise was hot and cold. Sometimes it was very good but overall was only decent.

ID 0 was most intriguing and pretty good despite the annoying 3d graphics.

The rest was forgettable from decent to really bad (and I watched a hell of a lot more than I listed here.)

Started discussion for new current season.

• Kaguya unpinned, pinned and unpinned this topic