My Rant About Sekai Project And Their Unending Stream of Lies, Scams and Other Deceitful Schemes

Nier

@SpeedBeatz Huh? You posted about DRM on this thread? I see M.I.X. brought it up first.

There was a point in time I preferred physical releases just to avoid DRM but since that is no longer the norm I've given up on it. Not to mention sales for digital platforms are awfully enticing. Besides I grew up with western games where the physical release was simply a necessary evil. Publishers spent as little as possible with only a few exceptions. I do remember the cloth world maps (Ultima) and entertaining manuals (fallout) of a few games. That reminds me... lol.. remember when they tried using word lookups from the manual as an attempt to stop pirating? Yeah.. I had a few crib notes for such things as a kid. Purely to avoid having to look things up in the actual manual! I paid for the media of every game I owned. Sometimes not just the media! Seriously though I've just never been bitten by the need to collect things. *hides his binders full of early PC games*

*edit* Oh. And SP is evil corp. Make money. Surprise!! Kidding. Though it's really not that all surprising. Leveraging fandoms is kinda a major focus for marketing I assume.

Edited by EdwardWongHPTIV