Best VN sex scene(s) you've read

Zakamutt

In the end, h-scenes boil down to one thing - fucking, as rude and vulgar it may sound; you can't expect much else out of it.

I wouldn't entirely agree with this due to the H scenes in Saya no Uta and Fate/stay night. Those two games actually do manage to incorporate certain plot elements into their H scenes and I thought they were pretty interesting. I actually liked them for something other than their direct sex content (I didn't even like the sex in Saya since the art didn't really fit my preferences).

F/SN's plot elements were contrived just so they could have sex scenes in the first place. And they felt super contrived and it was awful. That's pretty much the WORST way to handle h-scenes. Don't make up utterly absurd and painful plot elements to justify them.

F/SN was horrible in that particular case. It's a typical eroge that has a (mostly) awesome storyline and blends it (or rather, kills it) with it's awful h-scenes; Song of Saya, on the other hand is a decent example, on how h-scenes can be handled in eroge (even though, it's still resides mostly on the unreasonable, naughty side).

Song of Saya, on the other hand is a decent example, on how h-scenes can be handled in eroge (even though, it's still resides mostly on the unreasonable, naughty side).

This

The sex scenes in Saya no Uta are pretty much needed for the plot to make sense in fact, not to mention they are not out of place at all considering

it's a guy that is living in a world with a single female (from his prespective), this girl was also the reason he escaped madness,

if it wasn't for his attachment to her he'd go insane. Having sex with her is like reassurance that he's not alone in the world.

They were beautiful indeed, in their own way.

This

The sex scenes in Saya no Uta are pretty much needed for the plot to make sense in fact, not to mention they are not out of place at all considering

it's a guy that is living in a world with a single female (from his prespective),

this girl was also the reason he escaped madness,

if it wasn't for his attachment to her he'd go insane. Having sex with her is like reassurance that he's not alone in the world.

They were beautiful indeed, in their own way.

Or did he really? Considering how the story goes, it could be argued she led him down an even more twisted path. :D

But yeah, only rarely are the h-scenes integral to the plot. Even if they aren't, I really appreciate if they at least fit the story in some way or the other, and not just scream "This is here just for money!" I suppose Grisaia could be a decent example of including h-scenes that at least have some reason for being there (especially Amane's route), and Akatsuki no Goei handles them quite well as well. Then again, those examples work without the h-scenes as well, considering there are console releases of these titles.

As for the VNs that would potentially be better without them, Hoshizora no Memoria first comes to mind (pleaase don't kill me D:) - if Key can do it I don't see any reason why Favorite couldn't, tese kind of stories are pretty much in the same category I'd say.

So in the end, the best h-scenes are the ones that fit... which would make Saya no Uta the winner? That's kind of disturbing actually... :D

Or did he really? Considering how the story goes, it could be argued she led him down an even more twisted path. :D

I believe she really loved him and I believe he loved her as well even after knowing what she was after in the end and he

accepted everything wholeheartedly. I don't think she led him down a more twisted path because he accepted the reality, he knew he was eating and killing human beings for example but to him they were not human anymore so this "twisted path" is his way of adapting to the new situation.  At least that's what I believe in and that's why I also think it's a beautiful love story because they both understood their actions and accepted each other just like that.

But the fact that everything is really up to the reader is yet another factor that makes it a great vn, you could discuss it for days.

I believe she really loved him and I believe he loved her as well even after knowing what she was after in the end and he

accepted everything wholeheartedly. I don't think she led him down a more twisted path because he accepted the reality, he knew he was eating and killing human beings for example but to him they were not human anymore so this "twisted path" is his way of adapting to the new situation.  At least that's what I believe in and that's why I also think it's a beautiful love story because they both understood their actions and accepted each other just like that.

But the fact that everything is really up to the reader is yet another factor that makes it a great vn, you could discuss it for days.

Oh, I definitely share the same point of view as you, was just offering a different way of looking at it.

:) Considering what he was capable of - and what was normal to him - by the last third of the VN, it's almost hard to say which is worse for the unrelated public, going completely insane or... whatever you could call the condition he ended up in. What makes the VN so great in my opinion though is that it puts you in Fuminori's position so well that you adapt to the setting along with him (or at least I did very easily), so I did take it as a beautiful love story as well. Well, it's my favourite VN for a good reason, but I should stop here before I derail this topic even further. :D

F/SN's plot elements were contrived just so they could have sex scenes in the first place. And they felt super contrived and it was awful. That's pretty much the WORST way to handle h-scenes. Don't make up utterly absurd and painful plot elements to justify them.

Agree with you 100% for Fate and Unlimited Blade Works... Heavens Feel however...

I dunno, I mean the sex to charge the mana circuit thing was contrived yes, but aside from that I thought it was pretty interesting. The fact that the sexually abused Sakura was a total nymph, and as she became more and more possessed by Angra Mainyu (and interestingly more and more like Zoken/Shinji) she became even more obsessed with sex. I thought it was an nice parallel, what with Zoken/Shinji craving sex the further they fell, and Sakura falling further the more sex she had with Shiro.