Fuwa VN Reading Club: April - Deardrops

Fred the Barber

Got till the title drop/OP and I'm kinda liking this. Don't know about the rest, but the music scenes surprised me with how engrossing and powerful they are. It's not easy trying to express the atmosphere of a music performance through text and BGM so I'm glad Deardrops nailed that for me.
The characters are pretty interesting and cool, except Chika, who luckily hasn't shown up much after her horrible introduction. Most of the cast being (young)adults is also pretty nice.

The start was pretty promising, so here's hoping the rest holds up too. 

I'm just a handful of scenes past the first concert, which was a big deal for me. I was feeling pretty positive about the game already, but that whole scene really pulled me in and got me a lot more interested in the key players.

Character-wise, I'm feeling all the characters except the protagonist and Kanade; they're both kind of boring for me. Chika gets a pass because I think she's freaking adorable. Gonda and Riho are awesome, and Yayoi has her moments, too. Haven't met Rimu yet.

7 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

So how long it actually is? And be detailed, please. (like 5h of common and 4 routes for 4-5h each) I just need to know if one weeknd is enough, or if I should prepare two weekends tostart and finish this. ;) 

prepare two weekends. im sorry, its been a while but the common route is pretty long. id say like 7-10 hours at least maybe. the route length depends on the route. i think rinkos route was longer than the common route and the others i guess are around the same length as the common route. im guessing kanades route is one of the longer routes as well.

Considering that IRL in many cases blood doesn't not appear at all, I'm glad that they didn't went that way. Sometimes blood amout is just... overflowing, it's terrible. People who had suffer from such a big wound inside their sensitive body parts, wouldn't be enjoying their first time at all. And as we all know - female orgasm at first time is mandatory. So a bit of an contradiction here.

But I know, I know, VNs aren't about logic, or cohesiveness.

1 hour ago, Vorathiel said:

Considering that IRL in many cases blood doesn't not appear at all, I'm glad that they didn't went that way. Sometimes blood amout is just... overflowing, it's terrible. People who had suffer from such a big wound inside their sensitive body parts, wouldn't be enjoying their first time at all. And as we all know - female orgasm at first time is mandatory. So a bit of an contradiction here.

But I know, I know, VNs aren't about logic, or cohesiveness.

STOP THROWING YOUR LOGIC IN MY VNS!!!! :pyaa:

3 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

Yeah, the TL isn't exactly a paragon of good writing or top-notch proofreading. Oh well, it's good enough to get the job done, even if I am frequently mentally rewriting lines...

I actually quite like its more literal approach, but the proofreading is certainly lacking; typos appear pretty regularly. Also, the whole "say 'uncle'" thing felt like a rather awkward translation, though maybe that's just me.

7 hours ago, Swim Swim said:

Their games never feature any defloration blood no matter how virgin the girl, thats really annoying. 

"No matter how virgin"?  I wasn't aware virginity was a continuum; I always thought you either were or weren't.  How, exactly, is somebody "more virgin" than someone else?

9 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

"No matter how virgin"?  I wasn't aware virginity was a continuum; I always thought you either were or weren't.  How, exactly, is somebody "more virgin" than someone else?

why of course, its like science and stuff. you see, there are virgins and there are non-virgins, you following me so far? virgins are of course what would categorized as the "normal virgins" these are people who have yet to experience the opposite on a more physically intimate level. non-virgins are ones whove experienced sex. very basic so far. now we have levels for each side of the status. whenever one status gains a new level, the opposite must have the same, otherwise this would cause an imbalance.

so weve covered the basics, now we go deeper. :makina: each level is based on looks and attitude and each level determines the chances of one either losing their virginity or the chances of one engaging in sexual activities solely for the pleasure. these people do not care who they sleep with to either A) lose their virginity or 2) continue to engage in sex for pleasure.

i wont go into levels as these are being added all the time but what isnt debatable are the ends. each side has a limit that someone can reach before either being seen as a virgin forever or someone thats a hopeless slut. both of these type of people fool themselves on the level of intimacy theyre having or will have in order to justify their status. mayumayu can explain more.

2B0oXy2.jpg?1

the supers. they can also be known as the hopeless.

so anywways, i hope this clears up any confusions anyone may have on the matter. if you have any further questions ask a sex ed teacher because im out.

Don't care about 'more virgin' thing here (Interesting knowledge though, I guess), but the typo this time was very hillarious there. Seriously, synonim of ball (Just censored it if it's too vulgar here) out of all things for typo choice there? Keep in mind that I was very tolerable to typos in VN like back at 11eyes (Or tried to shrug it off to be exact). Of course I'll still continuing this though.

Edited by littleshogun