Anime Boston 2017, what did you expect from Mangagamer (Only VN by the way)?

littleshogun

Anime Boston 2017 was almost come, and apparently only Mangagamer will participate iirc. As for Mangagamer, the panel will be at 31st from 21.30 to 22.30 Boston time and they'll bring three announcement (With one new partner). Not expect much, but maybe there'll be surprise.

That's all for now, and have fun.

PS - Now that I got the confirmation that Sekai wouldn't be joining this event, I changed the title to reflect it.

Edited by littleshogun

Well here's who I hope it could be (never thought I'd see the day my wishlist would be this short):

1) Eushully (for obvious reasons)

2) Atelier Kaguya (if MG were to approach any other nukige makers, these guys at least produce decent quality nukige with a decent enough plot, though I'm mainly speaking from my experience with their older titles and haven't played any of their newer games)

3) onamatope* (yeah I know about Libra, but seeing as Mikandi haven't said anything  about other games  from this company's library it's possible. I've heard good things about their Mecha-con games and am currently playing Monomono so I wouldn't mind seeing that or any others in that series get localized)

4) Clochette (mainly because I've heard good things about their games)

5) Akatasuki Works (not likely seeing as Akabesoft seems to want to do their own thing, but if say RuiTomo or Hello, Lady! were announced I would be very happy with that)

Edited by BookwormOtaku

44 minutes ago, BookwormOtaku said:

onamatope* (yeah I know about Libra, but seeing as Mikandi haven't said anything  about other games  from this company's library it's possible.

Mikandi actually has said about their newish nukige.

Yeah, Mikandi Japan has been talking a lot about onamatope's other stuff, specifically the newest nukige that they even posted a poll for, asking if people would support a crowdfunding campaign for it. Though crowdfunding a nukige translation seems like a concerning plan, to say the least.

4 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

It was actually this but basically the same thing.

You sure?  I'm pretty confident that I'm right.  The image they teased has a girl with black hair and red eyes (NSFW link), and the only one of the two that has a girl with those attributes in the one I linked.  I also found the CG they used in a gallery for that same VN.

19 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

You sure?  I'm pretty confident that I'm right.  The image they teased has a girl with black hair and red eyes (NSFW link), and the only one of the two that has a girl with those attributes in the one I linked.  I also found the CG they used in a gallery for that same VN.

Oh, then it must have been somewhere else. I just remember that cover so clearly. Maybe I should have checked before. :wafuu:

8 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Oh, then it must have been somewhere else. I just remember that cover so clearly. Maybe I should have checked before. :wafuu:

I had to check several times to be sure of which one it was, so don't feel too bad  :P  Both covers are pretty freakin' generic, and I actually mixed them up myself before I found that tweet.

Every announcement season I'll sit here, hoping for Erect!, and be sorely disappointed.  I guess I should look what time it is...

If they follow their usual routine, then it's most likely one bigger announcement and a few lesser ones. The big one is probably Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden since the cat is out of the bag anyway, while the other ones are most likely just shorter nukige or doujin titles.

Wishful thinking demands that Kouryuu's sudden fanboy decoration of his Twitter account might hint for an announcement of the upcoming Shin Koihime Kakumei, but since Karin was always his waifu it probably doesn't mean anything. :sleep:

I hope the new partner are AXL and the VN are Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate, I would love to see VN get translated^_^

Since it become my fav VN after I play Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate english partial patch long time ago^_^

of course I hope new partner are Sugar Beans and VN are Under The Moon^_^I would love VN get translated as well.

Edited by Novel21

12 hours ago, Decay said:

Waffle let slip on their Japanese blog that Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden will be translated

They did more than that.  If I'm not mistaken (and I could be, my Japanese isn't the greatest) they said the English version "had already been delivered".  In which case, they kind of have to announce it at Anime Boston because they probably plan on releasing it soon after.

16 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Anime Boston 2017 was almost come, and apparently both of Sekai and Mangagamer will participate iirc. No information from Sekai so far ie not certain for now, although I hope they prepare some interesting announcement for Boston later. As for Mangagamer, the panel will be at 31st from 21.30 to 22.30 Boston time and they'll bring three announcement (With one new partner). Not expect much, but maybe there'll be surprise.

That's all for now, and have fun.

The Sekai Project convention page does not include Anime Boston on their list of conventions for the year, so it is just MangaGamer.  However, both MangaGamer and Sekai Project will participate at Sakuracon in mid April.  

Edited by gtharby

14 hours ago, Decay said:

Waffle let slip on their Japanese blog that Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden will be translated, and that a physical edition of the first game is in the works. I suspect that will be two of the three announcements, making the big question be who the new partner is.

No physical edition will be announced on Anime Boston. MG said so itself in a comment to their post on Facebook:

巨乳ファンタジー英語版は、今までダウンロード配信のみの販売でしたが、近々、パッケージ版の販売も開始されます。

また、巨乳ファンタジー外伝の英語版も配信されるとのことで、巨乳シリーズは、海外ユーザにも支持されているようで良かったです。
『巨乳』の魅力は、万国共通なのだと感じております。

-Kyonyuu fantasy creator's blog (NSFW)

Rough tl by someone knowing enough jp to be dangerous:

Kyonyuu Fantasy's English version, which has up til now only been available through digital download, is soon to have a package edition [tl note: this phrase is used for hardcopies] released.

I'm also told Kyonyuu Fantasy Gaiden will be available in English - I'm happy the Kyonyuu Fantasy series is being supported by our overseas fans!
It would seem that the appeal of huge boobs is universal.

The question is mostly how you want to interpret the とのことで in that message.

4 hours ago, gtharby said:

Both MangaGamer and Sekai Project will participate at Sakuracon in mid April.  

Well, yes and no. MangaGamer only has a booth at SakuraCon, not a panel, so they won't be announcing anything there. It looks like SP will have a panel there, presumably as well as a booth, so I expect they'll be announcing things (they usually do). Both of those are business as usual for those two companies at SakuraCon - both of the last two years were exactly the same, IIRC.

The Sekai Project panel at SakuraCon was incredibly well attended last year (like, maybe a hundred people?), so I'm kind of surprised MG doesn't come there, too, but I expect it's a question of costs and inconvenience; traveling isn't cheap and they probably don't have a huge number of personnel who could run a panel, whereas just having a booth to sell stuff is a lot easier.

Anyway, apologies for the threadjack. To get back to the topic, aside from the FFG announcement, I have no expectations (in either sense) for the MG announcements at Anime Boston, but I'm content with that one.

As for my expectation here, to tell the truth I was more expected some interesting announcement from Sekai here. I understand that they already announced many things at AOD last time, including KARAKARA 2. Guess if I want to see announcement from Sekai better wait until Sakuracon then.

Back to Mangagamer, personally looking at last year Anime Boston announcement from them I could only expect that they'll announce some hard copies from the existing title (For examples Tokyo Babel hardcopy, Da Capo 3 hardcopy, etc.). Although the announcent of the new partner might be interesting though.

PS - As for Funbag Fantasy Gaiden, it was quite interesting announcement for the fan indeed (Not me though).

1 hour ago, Darklord Rooke said:

I know that a couple more great otome titles would not only be welcome by me but also by much of the VN community :)

I really hope they grab more 18+ otome, like Bocchi Musume.  I realize it's a niche inside a niche inside a niche, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Doubt that's what you were talking about, though  :sachi: