Jump to content

Koiken Otome Revive TL Project


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Ronnie21093 said:

How is the project going?

Well, Japanese university is no joke. I have so little free time, I barely have time to read VNs at all, let alone translate them. So, the Minato route will sadly not be done this year.

That being said, I do have a 2 week vacation for new years, and I'll definitely resume the TLing then. I don't know how much progress I'll get done, as that also marks the release of Bakumatsu Jinchuu Houkoku Resshiden Miburo, which I have been hyped for since forever. :P But I'll definitely get back to TLing the game then. I have been itching to translate some lines for a while now, but I'm just so darn exhausted from uni, I don't have the energy.

Moral of the story kids, Japan is mean. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, InitialRN said:

i hope you still continue this project sir :D

I was in fact just about to make un update. Quite some timing you have there. :P

 

I'm finally able to resume the translation of Minato's route. Uni is starting again on monday, but I have gotten some exams out of the way, so I should have more free time than before. I still won't be able to put in any crazy hours, but the progress bar will at least start moving agian. :) I'll make another update when I have made some more progress. ('ω')ノッ

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dergonu said:

I was in fact just about to make un update. Quite some timing you have there. :P

 

I'm finally able to resume the translation of Minato's route. Uni is starting again on monday, but I have gotten some exams out of the way, so I should have more free time than before. I still won't be able to put in any crazy hours, but the progress bar will at least start moving agian. :) I'll make another update when I have made some more progress. ('ω')ノッ

Haha Sorry, enjoy your time :lol:

I am only a little worried because this VN is not in your project
btw i'm relieved you still continue it :)

thnk u for reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The project tracker should now be back up. It was down because the project was inactive, but now that stuff is being done again, it's back up.

My stay in Japan ends at the end of the month, and I'll finally head home to Norway agian then. At that point I should have lots more free time, and progress should speed up. But, I'll still try to get some progress done now and then before that. My last exam is this monday, so I should manage to make some time for TLing after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The project tracker should now be back up. It was down because the project was inactive, but now that stuff is being done again, it's back up.

My stay in Japan ends at the end of the month, and I'll finally head home to Norway agian then. At that point I should have lots more free time, and progress should speed up. But, I'll still try to get some progress done now and then before that. My last exam is this monday, so I should manage to make some time for TLing after that.

Did you ever get pointed at and called really tall?

The few norwegians I know are all tall(er) and I secretly curse them. Good news though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MFrost said:

Did you ever get pointed at and called really tall?

The few norwegians I know are all tall(er) and I secretly curse them. Good news though!

Yeah, quite often. :P  Whenever me and my friends eat together with Japanese students, their first comment always tends to be "you're all so tall!"

I also got told my face is thin a couple of times, which is the strangest compliment I have ever gotten.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, BlackGhost said:

It's cool that you translate this game. I really like the first.

I have a little question : will you give the game with the english patche or just the patche ? I ask because for some reason I can't buy the game

Piracy isn't allowed in fuwanovel. You will need to go elsewhere if you want to pirate the game

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, BlackGhost said:

It's cool that you translate this game. I really like the first.

I have a little question : will you give the game with the english patche or just the patche ? I ask because for some reason I can't buy the game

Like phantomJS said, Fuwanovel does not tolerate nor condone piracy.

Why can't you buy the game?  If you're being IP-blocked, there's workarounds.  It's highly unlikely that it's 100% impossible for you to legally purchase the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi folks, long time no see. With the recent announcement finally out of the way, I can talk about the future of this project, and the reason it has been somewhat dead for a while. As I start to move into official translation work, I can no longer continue working on fan translations, sadly. Not only do they take time out of my day that I could be spending doing official TL work, but they also put me in a bit of an awkward position, due to the legal grey area fan translations are in. It would be a shame to get in trouble, possily lose a job etc because of my involvement in fan translation. As such, I'll discontinue my translation work on this and other fan TL projects I am involved in.

 

So, what happens next? Well, I still have the scripts and tools, so if you're interested in taking over the translation, I'd gladly send over the scripts with the current progress. Just send me a PM and we'll talk.

For now I'll just leave the project like this, and wait to see if anyone wants to step in and take over. But, if no one does, I'll just go ahead and pronounce it dead. It is indeed a shame that it came to this, but I have to prioritize my future. Thanks for understanding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First off, Congratulations! I consider Fan TL's as a resource for VNs that are not TL'd or going to be TL'd by a company officially. The ideal is that localization continues to flourish and eventually we have all VN's TL'd into English. I wish you all the luck in the world on your future endeavors in the VN community as I am sure we are all well aware for your passion towards VNs. Really no need for apologies, it sucks that all your other work will be shelved unless someone else picks it up, but that is almost the expectation when it comes to Fan TL projects.

From my standpoint this just means MG picked up a high quality TLer which will help any future release you work on and it also allows you to sink more time in TLing, compared to Fan TL on the side. Hope you don't just disappear on us though.

 

Again, Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I see. Well that's too bad then, and for now I just hope it'll be possible to see this project revived in the future. Good luck with your official work.

22 minutes ago, MFrost said:

Maybe once you climb the official TLs ladder you can bring this back up as a "pet project" of yours and get it done officially. and others you were working on as well.

 

congrats on the official title though?

Whether it can be revived through official way or not, I think the process to revive this would be need much effort since usually it mean that we need the approval from the localization company and eufonine (Koiken Otome creator). So I think it'll be a long way to see this officially localized by either Mangagamer or Sekai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished Koiken Otome and I really enjoyed the story a lot, too bad the fandisc translation is stalled right now.

 

IMHO honorifics and the way Yuzu talks in third person should not be changed at all even more so for Yuzu because that would just be incorrectly translated and wouldn't match with the Japanese Voice at all (not only does the voice talk in 3rd person but so does the text), her lines need to match the JP VA as close as possible, changing that would just make it look stupid and it wouldn't be a faithful translation also the fact it is done that way in the main game so it should be translated the same in the fandisc.

Edited by Shaun
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...