Koiken Otome Revive TL Project

Dergonu

This project is currently stalled, as it has no translator. If you're interested in helping revive it, (heh, puns,) send me a PM.

Koiken Otome ~ Revive ~ Translation Project

mkWGh0W.png

Project Introduction:

VNDB Page

I'm a big fan of Koiken Otome and its fandisk, and feel like the fandisk deserves a TL. It doesn't seem like FlyingPantsu plans on TLing this game, so I figured I'd go ahead and do it myself. I'm completely finished with the translation work on my previous project, so I have been looking for a new game to pick up, and this seems perfect for me at the moment, with my interest in the game and my current Japanese skill level taken into account.

My initial plan is to translate the new routes first, which is Chiharu, Chiyoda and Minato's routes. The rest, (Kotona + the main heroine after routes,) I will leave for last, meaning there might be 2 patches released at different times, 1 for the new routes and 1 for the rest of the game. Keep in mind this plan might change down the line, if I get more translators or if I simply change my mind etc.

Progress:

I just started, so not much have been done yet. Thanks to @Porygon2 I have the scripts extracted, an overview of the line count and tools to work in. (Thanks a lot, you are a lifesaver!) 

I'm doing this as a side project next to my Japanese studies at uni, so I will have limited amounts of time each week to work on the project. Luckily, the game isn't too long. Although the total amount of lines is 27k, the three new routes I'm starting with only make up 12k of those, which is a lot more managable on my current schedule.

I will be making updates kind of when I feel like it, although I plan on doing at least 1 a month.

Recruitment:

As of right now, I am not recruiting anyone. I will be looking for QCers in the future, when the TL and editing % reaches a certain point, and I will also be looking for a TLC later on. I will post an update when the recruitment for these positions starts.

That's about it. I am starting with Minato's route, which is about 5k lines, then I'll do Chiharu and Chiyoda.

Click this link to follow the TL progress.

Just now, Kiriririri said:

Didn't know NikuNiku TL is ready

:OneTrueRen:

I was refering to Tsui Yuri.

The Nikuniku project is not dead, but I am no longer a translator on that. Some stuff and some things happened. I'll leave updating the project progress to the people currently working on it, whenever they feel like it.

Best of luck and thanks for this.

Flying pantsu were lacking translators so they never went ahead and translated the fandisc .. perhaps you can ask them for any assistance..since now you are translating this?

Are you going to translate koiken otome revive?

Edited by Wildbreed

6 minutes ago, Wildbreed said:

Best of luck and thanks for this.

Flying pantsu were lacking translators so they never went ahead and translated the fandisc .. perhaps you can ask them for any assistance..since now you are translating this?

""

Are you going to translate koiken otome revive?

Thanks!

I couldn't find any good way of contacting them on their website, so I'm not sure how I'd go about getting in touch with them. On top of that, their translation style is quite different compared to mine, so I don't know if we'd agree on most things if we started to work together.

That being said, should they be intersted in working with me on this, I wouldn't mind trying to make something work.

5 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Thanks!

I couldn't find any good way of contacting them on their website, so I'm not sure how I'd go about getting in touch with them. On top of that, their translation style is quite different compared to mine, so I don't know if we'd agree on most things if we started to work together.

That being said, should they be intersted in working with me on this, I wouldn't mind trying to make something work.

Maybe you should try their IRC channel.. any help you get on editing etc.. will just make things easier for you..

Visit our IRC Channel

#Pantsu-VN on irc.rizon.net

Edited by Wildbreed

43 minutes ago, Arcadeotic said:

Good luck on your future endeavor, just make sure not to die on the way there.

Thank you, I shall do my very best so that I do not die on the way.

On 2017/3/23 at 11:22 PM, Mr Poltroon said:

Pssh, balderdash! Their translation was brilliant, containing whims and flights of fancy our dear Dergonu can only hope to emulate.

I'm sure he can reproduce the typos quite nicely though.

Oh I'll do my best.

On this note, for anyone wondering what exactly I mean with "their translation style is quite different compared to mine", I am removing honorifics, changing Yuzu's speech pattern to a normal one, (meaning she won't be speaking in the third person,) and I'll be trying to change most terms and titles into English ones where it's possible. (Made up words like doryouku and so on will not be touched, though.)

I basically want the translation to flow as naturally as possible in English. I have learned a lot from my first project, and intend on doing an even better job on this one. Hopefully this will show in the final product.

As a small little update, I have started the translation, and finished a few hundred lines on the Minato route so far. I'm not home this weekend though, so I can't do any more translation this week, sadly.

On 2017. 03. 21. at 6:02 PM, Dergonu said:

I was refering to Tsui Yuri.

The Nikuniku project is not dead, but I am no longer a translator on that. Some stuff and some things happened. I'll leave updating the project progress to the people currently working on it, whenever they feel like it.

Just dont let it die, please. Otherwise this year looks very grim in terms of good stuff.