KamiNomi VN?

Yeah Way

Anyone else want this to happen or think that it's a good idea? If you ask me, it seems like a pretty obvious move to make when the series is over; so, in preparation for such, I thought it might be fun to brainstorm some ideas for how the game would be!

I suppose the first point to discuss would be the premise. Should the game revolve around, or even have any connection to the events of the series? Basing the game fully on the original work obviously would make it all predictable to anyone who's read/watched it, so that's probably a bad idea.

One alternative might be to create an original heroine/heroines and have the games objective be their conquest(s). That way, it can be original and still have the series' main characters.

Finally, the idea I personally prefer, is to have an original "Keima" and "Elsie" as the main characters. In other words, another "Loose Soul Squad" member with another buddy, probably similarish to Keima.

So yeah, give any and all ideas you can think of!

My idea how could it be done best would be that VN would be sequel to anime like after everything is done Keima hang out with girls that he "captured" and then he himself start having feelings for them all while he still is capturing other escape souls with Elsie and Haqua who would ofcorse be two of possible routes. And capturing other escape souls would be like mini-stories.

My idea how could it be done best would be that VN would be sequel to anime like after everything is done Keima hang out with girls that he "captured" and then he himself start having feelings for them all while he still is capturing other escape souls with Elsie and Haqua who would ofcorse be two of possible routes. And capturing other escape souls would be like mini-stories.

Ooh, sounds good. I guess that depends on the ending of the series, though. (Is the manga even over? I'm only watching the anime.)

Ooh, sounds good. I guess that depends on the ending of the series, though. (Is the manga even over? I'm only watching the anime.)

No manga is still ongoing and from wath I heard there is already Inaf manga volumes for whole 4th season and half of the 5th. True I don't know for sure since I am also only watching the anime. But anyway I doubt that they will make VN before the anime is finished and anime will most probably be here for next few years.

well, as a (pseudo) big fan of Kami Nomi i wouldn't actually like it as much if it is a regular visual novel, but i would like it if it's more like only one route but with several different endings (i think School Days is like that). I'd like the game to have us players capturing loose souls and eventually getting an harem and getting all deep at the end, and perhaps get us to choose a girl and get different epilogues.

well, as a (pseudo) big fan of Kami Nomi i wouldn't actually like it as much if it is a regular visual novel, but i would like it if it's more like only one route but with several different endings (i think School Days is like that). I'd like the game to have us players capturing loose souls and eventually getting an harem and getting all deep at the end, and perhaps get us to choose a girl and get different epilogues.

That was what I had in mind. Demon meets MC/tricks him into contract. MC is forced to capture loose souls. VN is now a lot more videogamish in the sense that the player must complete given routes in a set order; and the choices, instead of determining the route, will be all about whether or not the MC fails. (Maybe something cool like choices in between that lead to the Demon partner becoming infatuated.)

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet ww

I think it'd be more interesting if it followed something similar to Code Geass: Lost Colors; have a new protagonist so that Keima ends up taking a backseat and somehow weave the new MC into the universe of KamiNomi so that preexisting events are rewritten/take a different course (i.e. instead of Keima conquering, say, Shirori, the new MC conquers her and because of that a different girl ends up having a goddess).

On a side note: I'm really disappointed the anime decided to skip straight to the Goddess Arc instead of animating all the remaining conquests leading up to it.

I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet ww

I think it'd be more interesting if it followed something similar to Code Geass: Lost Colors; have a new protagonist so that Keima ends up taking a backseat and somehow weave the new MC into the universe of KamiNomi so that preexisting events are rewritten/take a different course (i.e. instead of Keima conquering, say, Shirori, the new MC conquers her and because of that a different girl ends up having a goddess).

On a side note: I'm really disappointed the anime decided to skip straight to the Goddess Arc instead of animating all the remaining conquests leading up to it.

That would likely lead to predictability and lack of difficulty: we've already seen how to conquer Shiori. Though I do like the idea of interfering with the events of the series.

I'm actually relieved that they skipped: stuff is HAPPEHING, you know? The characters are developing; relationships are becoming tense and complicated; and we're seeing a Keima rather different from before. Had they not skipped, season 3 would have been more of what we've already seen. :/

I'm actually relieved that they skipped: stuff is HAPPEHING, you know? The characters are developing; relationships are becoming tense and complicated; and we're seeing a Keima rather different from before. Had they not skipped, season 3 would have been more of what we've already seen. :/

Yes but it does make it harder, in a sense, for anime-only viewers to understand what's going on because some of the past conquests are important to the Goddess Arc. Plus I really wanted to see some of the conquests animated, like that swimming girl, Sumire, and Yui.

I just hope that they don't mess up the

Ayumi-Chihiro love triagnle that happens later on.

Also I'm surprised the manga hasn't been licensed yet, at least in the U.S.

Yes but it does make it harder, in a sense, for anime-only viewers to understand what's going on because some of the past conquests are important to the Goddess Arc. Plus I really wanted to see some of the conquests animated, like that swimming girl, Sumire, and Yui.

I just hope that they don't mess up the

Ayumi-Chihiro love triagnle that happens later on.

Also I'm surprised the manga hasn't been licensed yet, at least in the U.S.

Yeah, it's really a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, in my opinion. I'll admit that it is awkward for me as an anime-only-viewer.

Yeah, it's really a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils, in my opinion. I'll admit that it is awkward for me as an anime-only-viewer.

The first two seasons of the anime didn't sell that well, and the manga saw a huge increase in sales during the goddess arc, so it's understandable why they decided to skip straight to the Goddess Arc. But as someone who has been reading the manga since 2009 (though admittedly I haven't read it in a while and need to catch up), it's very dissatisfying for me. What I really hope for is for Manglobe to go back and animate the conquests prior to the Goddess Arc afterwards.

The first two seasons of the anime didn't sell that well, and the manga saw a huge increase in sales during the goddess arc, so it's understandable why they decided to skip straight to the Goddess Arc. But as someone who has been reading the manga since 2009 (though admittedly I haven't read it in a while and need to catch up), it's very dissatisfying for me. What I really hope for is for Manglobe to go back and animate the conquests prior to the Goddess Arc afterwards.

I doubt that'd happen: at that stage, I'd imagine most people would have a "Who cares at this stage?" attitude. And the first two seasons didn't sell well? I'm honestly shocked: I was under the impression that anything that could get a DVD release in the west should have to have done well.

I suppose the first point to discuss would be the premise. Should the game revolve around, or even have any connection to the events of the series? Basing the game fully on the original work obviously would make it all predictable to anyone who's read/watched it, so that's probably a bad idea.

If you're creating a fan game, then most of your audience is going to be established fans. They probably don't want a recap of canon events. Also, it's probably wise to make sure the story you write is not closely tied into the current story arc. That way, it's less likely to be Jossed.

One alternative might be to create an original heroine/heroines and have the games objective be their conquest(s). That way, it can be original and still have the series' main characters.

That's one approach. See Ten Ways to Rewrite a Show for a few more.

If you're creating a fan game, then most of your audience is going to be established fans. They probably don't want a recap of canon events. Also, it's probably wise to make sure the story you write is not closely tied into the current story arc. That way, it's less likely to be Jossed.

That's one approach. See Ten Ways to Rewrite a Show for a few more.

This is more our trying to predict what a professionally made game would be like.

I doubt that'd happen: at that stage, I'd imagine most people would have a "Who cares at this stage?" attitude. And the first two seasons didn't sell well? I'm honestly shocked: I was under the impression that anything that could get a DVD release in the west should have to have done well.

It's like that with some anime. Certain companies (*cough* Funimation) like to simulcast/grab the license while it's still airing in Japan, and others use sales (or somehting of the sort) in Japan to determine what they should license. I think Sentai does the latter. I personally don't like Sentai cuz they're dubs are below average and I don't like how they separate DVDs & BDs to increase sales instead of releasing a combo pack. To this day I'm still not sure if I should buy KamiNomi from them...

Yeah the last I heard the first two seasons did poorer than most anime because it wasn't well-marketed. That's why there was that wait in between S2 and S3.

It's like that with some anime. Certain companies (*cough* Funimation) like to simulcast/grab the license while it's still airing in Japan, and others use sales (or somehting of the sort) in Japan to determine what they should license. I think Sentai does the latter. I personally don't like Sentai cuz they're dubs are below average and I don't like how they separate DVDs & BDs to increase sales instead of releasing a combo pack. To this day I'm still not sure if I should buy KamiNomi from them...

Yeah the last I heard the first two seasons did poorer than most anime because it wasn't well-marketed. That's why there was that wait in between S2 and S3.

I see! That's pretty interesting. If it's any help, I thoroughly enjoyed the dub on DVD. I even got my younger brother and sister to watch it with me and they got hooked. :)

I think that this is the best idea. I'm not a fan of VNs with a linear storyline with side endings unless the side endings are very long (like in G-senjou).

• 3 weeks later...