What is your most hated anime character?

Igniz

No...

I hate her.

I think it's just cause I have a personal deep seeded hatred for Tsunderes.

I LOVE her. She's the best sister - ever ... and my sister acts like here - about half the time. It's cute, and she's her age, too.

--

I hate main characters who freaking act generic/childish and best of all when they put their hand behind their head. Nerds.

I understand that the Japanese, and Asians in general, tend to nod their heads a lot when communicating with others. That's one of their social behaviors indicating that they are listening. Sometimes as to please the other party or at least when they're excusing themselves, they tend to place one hand behind their heads as they nod. But in anime, it's done so many times, at the wrong times, .. whatever. I don't feel like ranting!

MC's are the main spot. Looking forward to Yuuji in the upcoming anime, Grisaia no Kajitsu!

I LOVE her. She's the best sister - ever ... and my sister acts like here - about half the time. It's cute, and she's her age, too.

--

I hate main characters who freaking act generic/childish and best of all when they put their hand behind their head. Nerds.

I understand that the Japanese, and Asians in general, tend to nod their heads a lot when communicating with others. That's one of their social behaviors indicating that they are listening. Sometimes as to please the other party or at least when they're excusing themselves, they tend to place one hand behind their heads as they nod. But in anime, it's done so many times, at the wrong times, .. whatever. I don't feel like ranting!

MC's are the main spot. Looking forward to Yuuji in the upcoming anime, Grisaia no Kajitsu!

Oi I am asian and I dont nod a lot. I live in China for a third of my life and no there isnt this nod and hand behind head thing. We may however bow when we are apologetic even if its just to lower the head slightly and not actually bow. We mostly just confirm what they are saying when we tell them we are listening. The closest to head nodding "a lot" is when we confirm something they say and nod.

I am truly not sure what the Japs do but not all Asians do that. That much I can say.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's kinda hard for me to decide what my most "hated" character would be, since there are the characters that you are suppose to hate and those you hate because of bad writing.

I suppose Elfin Lied would be a heaven for all of my most hated anime characters. There are two types in that anime, the brain dead and the unrealistically violent.

o_O

While I liked the story in the first half of SAO season 1, Suguha was pretty much the only character I really liked in SAO. What didn't you like?

I think there were two things I liked about her:

- She's at least consistent. Put her in two completely different environments, and she falls for the same guy both times.

- (being honest with myself, here) She's... correctly-proportioned.

Shirogane Takeru (voice dripping with hatred).

I had serious issues with him the moment I started Muvluv - let alone Alternative. But then again I just cannot like a protag that is whiny, a total dick, or both. (yes, I realize that pretty sums up 75% of all male protags in anime and VNs lol).

Sumika deserved way better then him

Suzu Fanatic, on 28 Feb 2015 - 02:43 AM, said:

Shirogane Takeru (voice dripping with hatred).

I had serious issues with him the moment I started Muvluv - let alone Alternative. But then again I just cannot like a protag that is whiny, a total dick, or both. (yes, I realize that pretty sums up 75% of all male protags in anime and VNs lol).

Sumika deserved way better then him

She pisses me off for some reason .

She acts like a bitch. And there are better characters than her. She just has the biological advantage.

"Correctly proportioned". that is a BIG insult to a lot of other girls in this world, anime and real. It sounds like you are calling them incorrectly proportioned.

If you said simply" I like her boobs" then it won't spawn hate against you so I'm sorry if you didn't mean it that way, but be careful in the future

And I don't like the fact that she has to butt in the story after Asuna and Kirito built a romance for 13 episodes.

I thought it was obvious, but I meant that per my taste, not a general comment on how people ought to be shaped. And for what it's worth, she's one of a handful of realistically-proportioned females I can recall seeing in any anime, and that's the thing I like about her appearance - she looks like a cute girl you might actually walk by on the street. Virtually all anime women are built like nearly-impossible twigs with oversized breasts (unless they're made for the loli appeal, in which case they're all short twigs). Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet also has several more-realistically-shaped females, which I also appreciate... but that's about all I can think of. I guess you could take that as insulting and judgemental towards girls who are skinny and have large breasts, but I feel like they get enough implicit praise from the modern world and media already; they'll be ok even if I don't put them on an altar, too.

75%? Man are you lowballing it. Although I'm pretty sure that was the intention from the start, have Takeru be the sterotypical harem protagonist and then have him grow a pair, right before all the shits hit the fans. I continue to be amazed at how different peoples views on VNs are in this community. Sumika was the weakest link in Muvluv for me, every other character had a history and complex relatioinships with other characters..... Sumika.... well, she's a gal that just reeeaaaallly likes Takeru and that's it. I'm sorry but just because you pull the "Childhood friend" cliche dosn't automatically make me want to root for that character, instead it makes that character boring.