[RUS->ENG] Guilty Crown Lost Christmas Translation

Please click here to jump to the new post!

Hi Folks,

I think lots of you know the anime, GUILTY CROWN.
The prequel was supposed to get a fan translation, but the guys never responded back again (critical, when buying the game before a patch release).

Now my question:

Is there any translation team currently working on it - or does somedody know how to archieve any good results using mashine translation?

LOLGC

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately I have already tried it to run it with LEC / Atlas...

The story is hard to understand, as the plot itself isn't a very easy one & some words seem obviously totaly wrong translated xD.

I myself know, that I shouldn't expect to much of it.

Is there any alternative towards the LEC / Atlas combo?

Maybe one fine day after VN4ALL I'll recrute a team for it :)

LOLGC

• 10 months later...

Hi,

If there is anybody who would consider doing a RUS -> ENG Translation of the already existing Russian translation, please write pm me.

Also there should be some, who would like to work on the language editing, to make it sound fluent.

Don't let the TL attempts of this novel die :)

Lolgc~I-VNTP

does somedody know how to archieve any good results using mashine translation?

I have already tried it to run it with LEC / Atlas...

The story is hard to understand, as the plot itself isn't a very easy one & some words seem obviously totaly wrong translated xD.

Is there any alternative towards the LEC / Atlas combo?

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to ask for. First of all, machine translations will not give good results, if that is what you are looking for.

Second, you stated that you already tried to machine translate the game, but you had no idea what the Japanese was saying. I don't get why you think switching from LEC/Atlas will magically make you better at understanding Japanese.

Maybe one fine day after VN4ALL I'll recrute a team for it smile.gif

Good luck with that.

Hi,

If there is anybody who would consider doing a RUS -> ENG Translation of the already existing Russian translation, please write pm me.

Also there should be some, who would like to work on the language editing, to make it sound fluent.

Don't let the TL attempts of this novel die :)

Lolgc~I-VNTP

I highly, highly suggest that you do not make a translation of a translation (what is wrong with JP -> ENG?). Translating from JP to RUS already no doubt tears apart all the JP nuances of the game. Making a translation of a translation will only make it deviate further from the original.

It's not like RUS -> ENG is much - if any - easier, anyways. Even if it was a tiny bit easier than JP, this is not a shortcut that's worth taking.

It's not like RUS -> ENG is much - if any - easier, anyways.

At least for us Russian natives its MUCH easier to do RU<->EN than RU<->JP or EN<->JP, by several orders of magnitude. And there are much more Ru natives than Jp natives in community, so it could work, if only that JP->RU translation would be good.

While its not machine-tl grade stuff, it doesn't look like good tl either to me, but I didn't read much of it.

I highly, highly suggest that you do not make a translation of a translation (what is wrong with JP -> ENG?). Translating from JP to RUS already no doubt tears apart all the JP nuances of the game. Making a translation of a translation will only make it deviate further from the original.

It's not like RUS -> ENG is much - if any - easier, anyways. Even if it was a tiny bit easier than JP, this is not a shortcut that's worth taking.

Like RusAnon says, there are much more Russians inside the community. Ofcause, doing a JP -> RUS -> ENG translation would be on one hand faster, but also on the other side much more lossy.

You see, the anime is actually quiet old now - and already two translation groups stoppped doing the translation. And because a RUS TL had been made, I just thought, that realizing a TL for the English Community might be more achieveable, than doing a JP -> ENG TL.

Actually, I'm currently busy and even don't speak any Russian -> but I would be indeed glad, if someone could take this up.

lolgc~I-VNTP