Narcissu:Sumire

InvertMouse

rhT2FAxl.jpg

Hi there ^_^. I just read through Narcissu:Sumire and want to gush about it for a bit. If you've never liked the series, this one won't change your mind, but if you enjoyed the first two games, I very much recommend this one. I didn't dig the more recent installments too much, but I feel Sumire brings back the "real Narcissu". Narcissu Side2nd is still my favorite, but hey, that one is hard to top in my heart. Sumire contains the "usual Narcissu shenanigans", which is perfect in my books.

xwMKhrjl.jpg

If you've read Ame No Marginal, one of the subplots (I guess) in Sumire might ring some bells. A bit of a fantasy touch. I will avoid spoilers here, though. Narcissu:Sumire features two parallel stories, and you can read them in whichever order you choose.

OeYYGVel.jpg

I've indulged in every word of Narcissu available, so I like to think I know the author's techniques quite well. Still, the ending chapters in Sumire got me pretty good. I'm glad I spent the 4-5 hours reading it (I'm slow), and this one will stick with me for a fair while. If you've played the game, hopefully you can share your thoughts here as well.

Thank you!