Jump to content

Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)


Recommended Posts

Didn't realize there was so much discussion here, so I thought I would come here to clarify things.

 

The TLC for Eustia is 100% done. I would know since I completed it! The reason why the spreadsheet does not match what I'm saying is simple: I don't have editing control of the spreadsheet. As of right now, what's being done is programming and QC, and the TLC progress on the spreadsheet more accurately reflects the programming percentage as opposed to the TLC percentage. 

 

Once programming is done, then we'll move onto the final round of QC. From there, Eustia should be complete. As for any timeline, there is none and work is being done slowly but it's by no means dead. However, it is not something you should expect anytime soon, hence my "Spring 2023" comment, as it's a way to temper people's expectations (and I realistically don't expect it to be done until then anyways unless something drastic happens in either direction).  

 

Hope I cleared things up! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PyroCyan said:

Didn't realize there was so much discussion here, so I thought I would come here to clarify things.

 

The TLC for Eustia is 100% done. I would know since I completed it! The reason why the spreadsheet does not match what I'm saying is simple: I don't have editing control of the spreadsheet. As of right now, what's being done is programming and QC, and the TLC progress on the spreadsheet more accurately reflects the programming percentage as opposed to the TLC percentage. 

 

Once programming is done, then we'll move onto the final round of QC. From there, Eustia should be complete. As for any timeline, there is none and work is being done slowly but it's by no means dead. However, it is not something you should expect anytime soon, hence my "Spring 2023" comment, as it's a way to temper people's expectations (and I realistically don't expect it to be done until then anyways unless something drastic happens in either direction).  

 

Hope I cleared things up! 

Well no much discussion aside from someone who've been wary about this vs someone who've put too much hope on this. Anyway with the revelation of the progress, can I call the updates on Excel as 'Eustia was at 90% in programming with Licia's chapter was at 82% in programming' (Note that I know the estimation here is a lot off) from now on? Good luck with the project.

PS - I'm not say that we can't put too much hope on this, but in this case I prefer to wait and see until we can see this released. Of course though I still hope that the translator managed to release this, no matter how long it will be.

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2022 at 4:39 AM, Stormwolf said:

This is a discussion board. What needs to happen is for you to accept that others have different views and outlook for things. Your constant replies in annoyance is as much of a derailment as anything else as it continues these discussions instead of having them end in one post.  Circlejerking and enforced positivity  with no place for scrutiny has no place anywhere. You're free to disagree as this is a discussion board :) We've seen similar delays and issues before release multiple times before. Astral air, clover day's, Irotoridori no Sekai and probably lots more. All ended up looking for funding and astral air seemed to be short on luck and stuck in limbo. 

I'm not negative without any reason. I'm just wary based on trends i've observed. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that. Nothing would be better than this being released as i do really want to read it.

Hey man, glad someone's being transparent here, but correct me if i'm wrong, i think what shaun trying to imply here is acting negatively towards a passion project like that could have an effect on the project it self, remember that people work on this with no money in mind, that means they're driven solely by passion and to put pressure and being negative like that could turn that passion into stress, making them question themselves "Why are we still here?.. Just to suffer" and starts asking for cash like you said (because their passion is gone and need to be replaced by money)

But this is all just a speculation of mine, since i've experience the same thing albeit not in translating a vn, I mean I could clearly see myself also acting negatively if they're getting paid for this or if this is a product they're trying to sell, but it's not.

Again it's always refreshing to see a new take on the projects, but i just want to let you know that something as simple as a word could carry some weight and consequences

tbh im very new to this vn community and this is my first and only fan tl project i followed, so feel free for anyone to berate me for my ignorant take on this matter lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, PyroCyan said:

Didn't realize there was so much discussion here, so I thought I would come here to clarify things.

 

The TLC for Eustia is 100% done. I would know since I completed it! The reason why the spreadsheet does not match what I'm saying is simple: I don't have editing control of the spreadsheet. As of right now, what's being done is programming and QC, and the TLC progress on the spreadsheet more accurately reflects the programming percentage as opposed to the TLC percentage. 

 

Once programming is done, then we'll move onto the final round of QC. From there, Eustia should be complete. As for any timeline, there is none and work is being done slowly but it's by no means dead. However, it is not something you should expect anytime soon, hence my "Spring 2023" comment, as it's a way to temper people's expectations (and I realistically don't expect it to be done until then anyways unless something drastic happens in either direction).  

 

Hope I cleared things up! 

That kinda explains why the progress is slow, I know nothing of translation process, but i imagine that tlc couldn't take this long to finish, but as it turns out the spreadsheet was inaccurate, best of luck for you guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

All the positive guys need to understand the other perspective as well. Many many projects have failed as can be seen on this forum. You need to understand that a public announcement like this carries consequences and some responsibility (if you don't wanna get criticized) - people can get mad even if it is a passion project, after all something has been announced and in a way promised. Keep in mind this has been in translation since 2017 and is still not out. OP hadn't posted in the thread for a full year. New people can come in and see that seemingly nothing has been happening recently and ask questions. There is nothing wrong with some argumented criticism and some people are more pessimistic which in my opinion is fine. Coupled that there was no communication for a while and suddenly very slow progress + the reddit comment I think it was not too far fetched to cast some doubt at the time.

 

To the negative guys: Now is it somewhat of an jerk thing to come in and declare the project dead and spread panic so to say after not too much time has passed since the last progress update, yeah it might be. And after all it is a passion project - we are not owed anything and as pessimists you should understand that this TL patch might never come out at all considering all the abandoned projects. Considering we've already gotten a partial patch and progress has been ongoing for years, a sudden cancellation seems somewhat unlikely. Considering his years long engagement I think the main translator would tell us if he suddenly decided to stop the project if he had the opportunity to. Also progress never truly stopped, it just became very slow.

 

At the end of the day what we need is communication between the TL team and the forum here so stuff like this doesn't happen. When progress almost crawls to a halt and nothing has been posted it's obvious some people will feel uneasy after checking the thread for a few years now. I feel like both sides had something to say but neither is completely right. Just blindly believing it will come out no matter what(this seems to me naive or at least too positive, after all people have expectations and projects often fail, and this is a discussion board + the happy-go-lucky attitude doesn't go with a lot of people) or declaring the project dead(which I wasn't convinced at all at the time - there was progress made, just very slow so it was an active project and just sayings it's dead is false and can confuse new people) is no good.

Edited by glupak
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2022 at 1:56 AM, glupak said:

All the positive guys need to understand the other perspective as well. Many many projects have failed as can be seen on this forum. You need to understand that a public announcement like this carries consequences and some responsibility (if you don't wanna get criticized) - people can get mad even if it is a passion project, after all something has been announced and in a way promised. Keep in mind this has been in translation since 2017 and is still not out. OP hadn't posted in the thread for a full year. New people can come in and see that seemingly nothing has been happening recently and ask questions. There is nothing wrong with some argumented criticism and some people are more pessimistic which in my opinion is fine. Coupled that there was no communication for a while and suddenly very slow progress + the reddit comment I think it was not too far fetched to cast some doubt at the time.

 

To the negative guys: Now is it somewhat of an jerk thing to come in and declare the project dead and spread panic so to say after not too much time has passed since the last progress update, yeah it might be. And after all it is a passion project - we are not owed anything and as pessimists you should understand that this TL patch might never come out at all considering all the abandoned projects. Considering we've already gotten a partial patch and progress has been ongoing for years, a sudden cancellation seems somewhat unlikely. Considering his years long engagement I think the main translator would tell us if he suddenly decided to stop the project if he had the opportunity to. Also progress never truly stopped, it just became very slow.

 

At the end of the day what we need is communication between the TL team and the forum here so stuff like this doesn't happen. When progress almost crawls to a halt and nothing has been posted it's obvious some people will feel uneasy after checking the thread for a few years now. I feel like both sides had something to say but neither is completely right. Just blindly believing it will come out no matter what(this seems to me naive or at least too positive, after all people have expectations and projects often fail, and this is a discussion board + the happy-go-lucky attitude doesn't go with a lot of people) or declaring the project dead(which I wasn't convinced at all at the time - there was progress made, just very slow so it was an active project and just sayings it's dead is false and can confuse new people) is no good.

Couldn't have agreed more!

It would be unfortunate to me and many others if this projects happens to be cancelled, and I can't blame if some people gone on their way to be mad about it, (since they were given a false hope and all that), but like you said if that ever happens the OP's could only have themselves to blame, since they're the ones who sets up expectation,

and maybe the reason why i'm being a bit too positive is because the project is 90% done, i personally don't mind that much if they ever cancel it because i can tolerate the 10% with mtl,, that is if the OP decides to release the rest of the patch when cancelling.... it's either that, or maybe i've been seeing too many big game company being greedy to the point where passion project like these really restore my faith in humanity.

Also It's perfectly fine for people to be sussy wussy and even negative towards a passion projects, but I personally think it's better to be in the middle ground, maybe lean into the positive side a bit , because if we're being realistically positive here, we don't lose anything if a fan projects were cancelled (exept for feeling dissapointed) and the only people who's losing something is the TL team, i don't mean to sound mushy here, but they sacrifice their free times to put out their works (albeit unfinished) just to get possibly trashed because of it,, even tho they chose to do this to themselves and even if the project were cancelled halfway through, i think we should still be grateful with the effort that they put out... in short, beggars cant be choosers

But i whole heartedly agree that communication is the key, transparency is good to get the hypes and hopes going, a simple spreadsheet could only do so much, the best example i could think of a fan TL with great communication is The GeofrontTeam, from what i seen, they fan localize falcom games, changing and translating the game texture, adding  extra stuff like full hd support, chest messages, etc,,

but most important of all is how transparent they are with their project, in their website they write blogs about the progress and future plans (To keep the audience in touch, and push themselves to be more organized), sometimes they even do qna, shows the ins and out of localizing the game (So the audience could relate on how much of a giant task localizing is, and then hopefully turn that relatability, into patience and understanding), they also make injoke memes to simply chill and enjoying the process, etc.  

hope im making sense lol, tho again, we all want the best for this project, so why don't we give it one.

Edited by Kennedy Krane
Grammar
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, glupak said:

All the positive guys need to understand the other perspective as well. Many many projects have failed as can be seen on this forum. You need to understand that a public announcement like this carries consequences and some responsibility (if you don't wanna get criticized) - people can get mad even if it is a passion project, after all something has been announced and in a way promised. Keep in mind this has been in translation since 2017 and is still not out. OP hadn't posted in the thread for a full year. New people can come in and see that seemingly nothing has been happening recently and ask questions. There is nothing wrong with some argumented criticism and some people are more pessimistic which in my opinion is fine. Coupled that there was no communication for a while and suddenly very slow progress + the reddit comment I think it was not too far fetched to cast some doubt at the time.

 

To the negative guys: Now is it somewhat of an jerk thing to come in and declare the project dead and spread panic so to say after not too much time has passed since the last progress update, yeah it might be. And after all it is a passion project - we are not owed anything and as pessimists you should understand that this TL patch might never come out at all considering all the abandoned projects. Considering we've already gotten a partial patch and progress has been ongoing for years, a sudden cancellation seems somewhat unlikely. Considering his years long engagement I think the main translator would tell us if he suddenly decided to stop the project if he had the opportunity to. Also progress never truly stopped, it just became very slow.

 

At the end of the day what we need is communication between the TL team and the forum here so stuff like this doesn't happen. When progress almost crawls to a halt and nothing has been posted it's obvious some people will feel uneasy after checking the thread for a few years now. I feel like both sides had something to say but neither is completely right. Just blindly believing it will come out no matter what(this seems to me naive or at least too positive, after all people have expectations and projects often fail, and this is a discussion board + the happy-go-lucky attitude doesn't go with a lot of people) or declaring the project dead(which I wasn't convinced at all at the time - there was progress made, just very slow so it was an active project and just sayings it's dead is false and can confuse new people) is no good.

The funny part is that all the aggressive people assuring us that it will release and that we do not know anything (while being just as clueless) are just giving more visibility to those negative messages. Let people say what they think and come back once it is released to laugh it out (or avoid the humiliation if it ends up not happening).

Edited by BackMode
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, Shaun said:

This is wrong, check page 11, OP replied back in October which was only a few months ago, you clearly did not look through past replies and are just giving out false information.

Your reply makes me question whether you are arguing in good faith. This is the one year period I was referring to - image below. Yes, OP posted(after one year - the post you are referring to) but people started to have doubts(and wondering whats going on with the project) before that post because it had been one year since OP had posted and progress had dwindled to a halt. That's why I said that people were right to cast some doubt, along with the other things in my post. I also said "hadn't" as in past tense. It is you who are giving false information and you ignored everything else in my comment. Either that or I guess I wasn't articulate enough but it does seem clear enough to me.

SUK62za.png

 

I am on neither side, after all I defended both sides. I just said that some people (especially people who haven't really been following the project) had some right to doubt if it will ever release. But the other side was right that to call the project dead would not be true. It is like you completely ignored all the stuff I said about the people who think the project will be completed. I tried to offer some reconciliation between both sides but I guess some people don't want it and want to stick to their preferred opinion. Me replying to you now makes it seem like i am leaning to the pessimists but it's not like passion projects are protected from any criticism - even if it's a passion project, on a public forum like this complaints should be expected. I don't want to repeat myself but on the subforum "Released"(Finished projects that have been released) has 1.5K posts and the subforum "Archived"(For dropped, and stalled projects) has 3.1K posts. Yes, with such a statistic people can doubt projects easily and not without reason I might add. It's not like any insults or anything were hurled to OP. I've also been following the project for years(I checked and the first time I've posted in the thread is february 24th, 2018) and I did see that progress slowed significantly but since it moved I wasn't especially worried. It's good to be positive, it was good to defend the project too - you were right by doing this. But just shooting down others opinion wasn't especially when they had valid points.

 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:43 PM, Kennedy Krane said:

Couldn't have agreed more!

It would be unfortunate to me and many others if this projects happens to be cancelled, and I can't blame if some people gone on their way to be mad about it, (since they were given a false hope and all that), but like you said if that ever happens the OP's could only have themselves to blame, since they're the ones who sets up expectation,

and maybe the reason why i'm being a bit too positive is because the project is 90% done, i personally don't mind that much if they ever cancel it because i can tolerate the 10% with mtl,, that is if the OP decides to release the rest of the patch when cancelling.... it's either that, or maybe i've been seeing too many big game company being greedy to the point where passion project like these really restore my faith in humanity.

Also It's perfectly fine for people to be sussy wussy and even negative towards a passion projects, but I personally think it's better to be in the middle ground, maybe lean into the positive side a bit , because if we're being realistically positive here, we don't lose anything if a fan projects were cancelled (exept for feeling dissapointed) and the only people who's losing something is the TL team, i don't mean to sound mushy here, but they sacrifice their free times to put out their works (albeit unfinished) just to get possibly trashed because of it,, even tho they chose to do this to themselves and even if the project were cancelled halfway through, i think we should still be grateful with the effort that they put out... in short, beggars cant be choosers

But i whole heartedly agree that communication is the key, transparency is good to get the hypes and hopes going, a simple spreadsheet could only do so much, the best example i could think of a fan TL with great communication is The GeofrontTeam, from what i seen, they fan localize falcom games, changing and translating the game texture, adding  extra stuff like full hd support, chest messages, etc,,

but most important of all is how transparent they are with their project, in their website they write blogs about the progress and future plans (To keep the audience in touch, and push themselves to be more organized), sometimes they even do qna, shows the ins and out of localizing the game (So the audience could relate on how much of a giant task localizing is, and then hopefully turn that relatability, into patience and understanding), they also make injoke memes to simply chill and enjoying the process, etc.  

hope im making sense lol, tho again, we all want the best for this project, so why don't we give it one.

Yeah, I agree with what you said man. Being somewhere in the middle seems to be best. I am positive that the project will be finished too.

Edited by glupak
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe that both sides chose what's the best way to cope in regard of lack of update (Either by been too wary with thinking that the project is dead or by putting too much hope on this and shot down the opposing opinion), although obviously it would lead to some unhealthy debate because both sides has some reasonable excuse (To a degree) to think what they believe. In the end, it should be obvious that it's the best to be in the middle like I say earlier (ie wait and see until the release).

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2022 at 7:32 AM, littleshogun said:

I believe that both sides chose what's the best way to cope in regard of lack of update (Either by been too wary with thinking that the project is dead or by putting too much hope on this and shot down the opposing opinion), although obviously it would lead to some unhealthy debate because both sides has some reasonable excuse (To a degree) to think what they believe. In the end, it should be obvious that it's the best to be in the middle like I say earlier (ie wait and see until the release).

In the end thats all we can do. I personally think it might not see the light of day, but time will tell and shaun can argue and bicker until he pops a vein for all i care

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, NobleWolf said:

So how long do we wait until we declare it dead?

Well as long as there's no announcement in regard of dropping the project (Like back when Trip decided to stop his Ginharu translation) or something ridiculous happen (Like when a certain translator think that it's smart of him to promote that his full translation patch are already available for anyone else who can write some keywords from a certain person Twitter), then I won't say that the project is already dead. That said, actually recently Eustia here gaining some nice updates in regard of programming progress and VNTS Reddit did list the project as 'QC of Chapters 1 to 3 In Progress' which mean some of the scripts were already in the final steps, so it's still too early to declare it's been dead. Lastly I hope that Eustia translation project here can keep up the momentum in regard of the progress, so good luck to the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Agree with that, and for the info actually all of the written progress on the tracker were already completed with the progress on it is just on how much the translator programming the text into the VN (Thus I did write the progress on the tracker as 'in programming'). For the info we actually has new updates on Reddit, in that Chapter 4 of it (I assume that it's Licia's chapter, although if we treat the prologue as Chapter 1 the Chapter 4 would be Irene's chapter) has the QA in progress. Here's hoping that the team can keep up with the pacing here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/30/2022 at 7:12 PM, Kennedy Krane said:

Me when the progress track increases by one bar

GKvjgCQ.png

Aiyoku-no-Eustia-progress-09-25-22.jpg

Probably been over a year since I have logged onto fuwa, but after seeing progress on this project, thought I would point it out to those poor souls like myself who have been waiting for this since [before] the Eris patch was released. I think the spring 2023 estimate might be pretty accurate after all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HataVNI said:

@LeftHandedMagusWelcome to our place. You stumbled right into the rejuvenation attempts of the new Fuwanovel under such crazy souls like myself. Thanks for updating us on progress on Aiyoku no Eustia, this will surely make ppl happy!

@Zakamuttsomething to put into your VNTS!

No problem! Rejuvenation huh, I stopped coming here as often because it was a metaphorical ghost town here for awhile. I hope to see this forum back to its former glory like it was back in the old days! :serasmug:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeftHandedMagus said:

No problem! Rejuvenation huh, I stopped coming here as often because it was a metaphorical ghost town here for awhile. I hope to see this forum back to its former glory like it was back in the old days! :serasmug:

You are not the only one hoping for that. We have some leverage and good connections in the scene, but making people use a forum in 2022 is not too easy actually. In fact, the actual problem we face is getting the word around reliably. So if you have some friends who have been active posters here feel free to tell them about what we're doing :)
Popular visual novel hub Fuwanovel is back on its feet - Rice Digital share this post with them :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...