Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

So, as of this post, the TLC is finally 100% complete. Yes, finally haha. So sorry for the very long delay, but with my new job and all as mentioned before and some lack of motivation, I haven't had much time for TLC. But now, with the TLC complete, we can finally almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So what does this mean? Of course, it's still not quite done yet because we have 1 more stage to go through: the QC. This one, I won't be able to tell the estimated time this will be done, but hopefully it can be completed by this year so we can finally release this patch to the public.

Once again, thank you all for those who are still sticking around. We're almost there!

10 hours ago, eplipswich said:

So, as of this post, the TLC is finally 100% complete. Yes, finally haha. So sorry for the very long delay, but with my new job and all as mentioned before and some lack of motivation, I haven't had much time for TLC. But now, with the TLC complete, we can finally almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

So what does this mean? Of course, it's still not quite done yet because we have 1 more stage to go through: the QC. This one, I won't be able to tell the estimated time this will be done, but hopefully it can be completed by this year so we can finally release this patch to the public.

Once again, thank you all for those who are still sticking around. We're almost there!

I'm on the edge of my seat, both ass cheeks clenches intensely... just one more push bois, and this Long Journey will soon come to a close...

Jokes Aside I really Appreciate your work, tackling this gargantuan project out of nothing but the drive of passion is simply something that ppl should always be proud of and appreciate.

Though Can't help but to wonder, What is the process of QC? It's not gonna be as long or as tedious as the TLC part right?

As for QC, I should quote what PyroCyan did say on several post ago below in regard of it.

The final TLC is going slowly, but I suppose it's making progress. Since I'm not the one doing it, I can not comment on the state of the progress itself. QC has also been going well, as QC for the first three chapters (there are five chapters total) are all done and QC for the rest of Eustia will resume once the final TLC is done for chapter 4 (since chapter 5 was done before chapter 4 for the final TLC). So once the final TLC for Chapter 4 is done, a beta patch for the entire game will be created for our QCers to test the remaining two chapters.

From what I conclude, it seems that the QC are already done up to Irene's chapter (ie Chapter 3), so all that left is to do the QC for both of Licia's and Eustia's chapters. That said, it's the situation from back in October, so perhaps there'll be some changes in regard of QCers situation, although hopefully the QCers can still work on the last two chapters. If anything else, it's almost time to see Eustia full translation patch here, and once again hopefully it'll be available by June.

Edited by littleshogun

16 hours ago, eplipswich said:

Congratulations on the milestone! I have been silently checking the progress you all have made all along. If the patch is out this year, it will truly be an amazing year for all of us. Keep up the excellent work!

22 hours ago, eplipswich said:

Yes! I'm so happy!

Just a little bit more and we could finally confidently recommend it to people with a full english patch included.

I wish you all the best of luck working on the QC and strongly hoping we'd get it this year.

There's some words from PyroCyan which reveal that turned out the TLC by the translator is still not officially done yet, and I'll quote his words below.

Hey, one of the team members for Eustia here. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the TLC by the main TLer is not officially done. There is some final checks that need to be done before QC can be done on he final two chapters. Here's what he had to said regarding that.

So yes there's still some cleanup left from the translator before finally the translator can send the script files for the last two chapters (Licia and Eustia) to the QCers to do the QC work. Personally I prefer to just release the patch as it is so that we can finally read Eustia after all long waiting, but considering the massive backlash that Daybreak got because of the typo in Mizuha's route, perhaps it would be better doing QC first before the release just in case, and moreso if we know that no matter what the translator did there's no choice that can satisfy all of the people. Also even if the translator doing it right, there's a chance that some bored people nitpick few lines because to that people said lines are related to politic or whatever.

My ramble aside, in the end PyroCyan still estimated that the earliest release is on June later, doubly so because it's indeed that all of three first chapters are already done with the QC. So once again let's see if we can see June release for the full translation patch here.

Edited by littleshogun

but considering the massive backlash that Daybreak got because of the typo in Mizuha's route, perhaps it would be better doing QC first before the release just in case

Lol I'm not really that familiar with the VN Community, But man, I don't know they can be so rabid over a bunch of typo's coming from an unpaid labour of fan translation, no wonder our guy has lost it's motivation here, and I'm not trying to act all high and mighty, but when a VN devs refuse to play ball with the English release, I'd still be grateful if some devoted fans tries or even attempt to translate it, because from what I've seen, Localizing a VN Is a whole lot harder than I and many others have thought.

And to be honest I thought The reason why Eustia's translation team took so long trying to aim for this perfectionism is because they're trying to cater into Mangagamer to pick this translation up, make it official, and hopefully compensate the entire team who works on it, Just like Geofront

Edited by Kennedy Krane

11 hours ago, Kennedy Krane said:

And to be honest I thought The reason why Eustia's translation team took so long trying to aim for this perfectionism is because they're trying to cater into Mangagamer to pick this translation up, make it official, and hopefully compensate the entire team who works on it, Just like Geofront.

There is no truth to this whatsoever, they never had any intention of selling the work they did and said so themselves, this is nothing like Geofront.

23 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Daybreak got because of the typo in Mizuha's route

It's more than just a typo, it has way too many errors, untranslated text (one line that I could find), sections with no text at all (wrong page breaks), none of these issues would be there if Trip didn't give up on it (I would rather not have the last two routes at all instead of this low quietly translation).  It just looks to me it had no quietly checks at all.

Admittedly Mizuha's patch here didn't has QC and that Project Overview page did list that the QA work is still focusing on Mizuha's route, so it's understandable if those mistakes are slipped in. That said, seeing that it gave the warning that no QA Run has been made in the Download page, it mean that you should at least know the risk for trying the patch, but since you said that 'I would rather not have the last two routes at all instead of this low quietly translation', perhaps you better just learn Japanese and stop reading the VNs in English from now on so that you didn't need to encounter any translation mistakes that made you mad.

PS - With no QA run, it's pretty clear that Mizuha's patch release was rushed for Christmas release, something that is quite common in game industry if Pokemon Scarlet release is any indication. That said, I still thankful to have the translation patch for her route available, despite a lot of mistakes that happen in there.

Edited by littleshogun

First time posting but I thought I might as well at this point. Been monitoring this thread and the spreadsheet for over half a decade now. Played the initial route (Prologue and Fione) back in... 2014 I think? Either way, I've been looking forward to playing this for almost a decade now. Made the account just to celebrate hitting 100% on TLC (It's been so loooong 🥹). Can't wait to finally play the game. Though, who knows, I might be able to play the game in Japanese depending on how long the QC takes. 😏

On 1/22/2023 at 12:01 PM, NostalgiaEx said:

Been monitoring this thread and the spreadsheet for over half a decade now

Same boat here! (including attempting to learn Japaneses 😭). It's a long wait, but for this game it's gonna be worth it.

Edited by Okarin314

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2023 at 4:54 PM, eplipswich said:

Omg how did i missed this I am still one of the people who didn't play partial patch, i am gonna play it when it's done. This been a journey. Fingers crossed, maybe this summer. And as i always say you don't have to say sorry for life happening, i personally will be waiting and just be gratefull.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for the progress, unfortunately there's no way to knowing the exact progress other than waiting for PyroCyan do write the update in Reddit VNTS, so for now we can only waiting for the news in regard of Eustia QC.

Aw that's too bad, but well If anything comes up on reddit, do share it here!

• 3 weeks later...

As far as the latest news, so far there's none of it yet. Also the estimation release month that PyroCyan did mention is June, so we should wait until July in order to see the news, whether it's in regard of the update or even better the release as he predicted.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...