Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

I don't exactly know if the translator can find more time to do more programming work and then finally do the QA here, but of course I hope that he can finally find the time to do both and thus finally have Eustia released after a very long wait to have it in English (It's been more than 11 years since the release). Let's see if we finally can see the full translation patch in Spring 2023 later.

PS - I can still say that I like to see whenever there's a number increase in the current bar, especially when the increase is quite big like few days ago which lead to finally we had reach past 90% TLC-ed mark in Licia's chapter.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another update, and it's in regard of what PyroCyan said on Reddit. I'll quote his statements fully below.

I realize now that it's been a while since anyone on the Eustia team has given any update outside of the [spreadsheet progress updates], so I'll give a written update now.

My [Spring 2023] comment a while back still rings true, though I'd personally say that's an optimistic release timeline. I'd say Fall 2023 would be more accurate, but who knows.

The final TLC is going slowly, but I suppose it's making progress. Since I'm not the one doing it, I can not comment on the state of the progress itself. QC has also been going well, as QC for the first three chapters (there are five chapters total) are all done and QC for the rest of Eustia will resume once the final TLC is done for chapter 4 (since chapter 5 was done before chapter 4 for the final TLC). So once the final TLC for Chapter 4 is done, a beta patch for the entire game will be created for our QCers to test the remaining two chapters.

If anyone has anymore questions regarding Eustia, I will be happy to answer them.

Further to my comments above regarding Eustia's status, I will publicly answer a question that was sent to me via DM (On Reddit). The question itself was something to the effect of: If I have access to a full patch and if I could leak it.

To answer the first part of the question, yes I do have access to a full patch to Eustia. I have a copy of it [downloaded on my computer]. This current patch contains the fully translated and fully edited text for the whole game (Chapters 1-5). Meanwhile, the TLC changes only cover up to and including Chapter 3. None of the QC changes have been implemented into this current patch.

To answer the second part of question, no I won't leak the patch, given the current state of affairs. Leaking something like this should only be done as a last resort, when all hope appears to be lost and all other parties have abandoned it. I still have reason to believe in an eventual release. From my vantage point, the team (the final TLC check in particular, which is the primary bottleneck) is still working in good faith and I have no reason otherwise to believe the other members have abandoned Eustia (despite the turbulent tribulations regarding the work efficiency that may suggest otherwise). Therefore, unless I have evidence pointing to the contrary, I will not leak the patch as it is right now.

So yeah our PyroCyan here has the full translation patch that also have the TLC change up to Chapter 3, and in case there's a heavy emergency such as the team decided to abandoned this then he'll drop the patch as the leak. As for whether we can see this on Spring or Fall next year, we'll see. If anything else, at least we already have someone who will leak the patch later if things goes awry, although of course the leak should be treated as the last resort only and so we should wait to finally have the programming be done.

PS - Oh yes in case anyone wonder on how much final TLC on Chapter 4 (Licia's chapter) ongoing, currently it's been at 92.24% done (By the way I mentioned this as 'in programming' in my VNTS Review because there's some earlier mention that the TLC is already done for all chapters).

Edited by littleshogun

I'm looking forward to this. Been refreshing this thread daily. I didn't mean to get taken seriously,  Sometimes jokes in my head don't translate nearly as well when I post them online. There was a hint of truth in my joke, which is that I would like the leak, but I understand the reasons one might not want to release a work of art they aren't 100% satisfied with. 

Edited by PureSpirit
misguided attempt at humor

Maybe you can try to DM PyroCyan in Reddit and explain your circumstance so that he can give you the leak, although seeing that he already said that he won't leak the patch I don't think he'll leak it easily so no guarantee that it'll be successful.

I see. Well never mind what I'd say earlier then.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 5:34 PM, LeftHandedMagus said:

Aiyoku-no-Eustia-progress-09-25-22.jpg

Probably been over a year since I have logged onto fuwa, but after seeing progress on this project, thought I would point it out to those poor souls like myself who have been waiting for this since [before] the Eris patch was released. I think the spring 2023 estimate might be pretty accurate after all.

Another update from the spreadsheet:

Eustia-Progress.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

It's more like a few days after the post back at November 8th though because back in 13th it's been at 100 lines TLC-ed, but small difference. Also still like whenever there's a change number happened, so hopefully we can have it one more time before 2023 (Possibly with the penultimate script file (aiy40460) was fully TLC-ed).

Well turned out that I didn't need to wait until 2023 before finally see the penultimate script file fully TLC-ed, and of course the 8 lines TLC-ed from the last script file is very nice. Good luck to the translator in regard of working on the last script file there.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday we have VN Fan Translator podcast with one of the speaker is our PyroCyan here. Obviously there's another reason on why I mentioned this, namely because he did state in the podcast that 'it's likely that Aiyoku no Eustia will come out in June if there are no obstacles'. By the way, I quoted someone who watch the podcast and summarize the contents word by word here from his post on Discord.

What I can say at first is that considering the number of the last script file being TLC-ed, I think it's still relatively hard to see that it'll be possible. That said, as long as the translator can sped up the progress on TLC-ing the last script file, then June release for Eustia's full patch may not impossible after all, so let's see if we can have Eustia's full translation patch release on June 2023 later.

Edited by littleshogun

There seems to be something wrong with the link https://1drv.ms/x/s!AhHDq_NSwaAqgSnImaDDLTME-lmi I just end up with a Microsoft OneDrive error. Did they take it down?

All I get when trying to access the online excel is a 503 error, heck even OneDrive itself isn't working right at all at the moment.

Whatever is causing this (I don't know if it is just me) I won't be able to look at the excel sheet for the translation progress anymore, it was working fine for me before but I'm almost wondering if it is something caused by an update on Chrome.

Edited by Shaun

Surprisingly you're not alone when it come to OneDrive error, because I also experienced the same (I did some Googling on the error on December 2nd, 2023, and there's an article in regard of the error). Although right now it's already fixed, so you should be able to see the Excel sheet for the translation progress.

I still not check it yet, but seeing that there's no much change that I know, getting New Edition should be fine enough (Especially if your friend has Windows 10). Also as long as the engine is not changed, the patch should be applicable to all the available PC version (No idea if it can be applied to the console version).

To summarize, just get New Edition here, although if your friend find out that the old edition is cheaper and want to save money then your friend should buy the old version of it.

Edited by littleshogun

I see. I thought that both are still using BGI, but it no longer the case. That said, from what I understand both BGI and Artemis are more or less the same, although apparently there's still some difference. I may as well test the partial patch later, but seeing that the thread was created in 2017, the translator may already have DMM version (ie New Edition) in mind.

Edit - Now that I have time to test the patch, I'd erratum my earlier post in that @Takeru1000 should get the New Edition here, because there's big enough difference between BGI and Artemis (Even though they basically the same), so yeah in case his friend still wonder which version to get if he want to patch the game, then I shall recommend him to get the old edition seeing that the patch is worked on using BGI in mind.

Edited by littleshogun