Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

On 10/5/2021 at 11:45 PM, eplipswich said:

There's definitely nothing going on behind the scenes, don't worry guys. Nor am I looking for profit whatsoever. Fact is that I've been busy lately ever since finding a new job a few months ago, and I don't like to get rushed.

That being said, I can't and won't confirm when I will finish this, but I've been doing my best to make progress and finish this, while at the same time not rush to give you guys a rushed translation, so I would appreciate if people can be patient and not spread rumors or make wild speculations. Thanks for your understanding!

Also, this has been blown out of proportions. To clarify, he has been trying to get me to release the translation quicker, when really, I don't want to be rushing my translation especially with my new job now. So that's that. Either way, there's no actual tensions in the team, so don't worry.

I made this account a year ago solely to keep track of this project, and i honestly were kinda scared when the progress starts getting slower and slower, Sorry i'm not trying to dismiss the extremely huge effort that you guys put out, simply out of pure love and passion, but after seeing some others fan translation group gave up on this game, i just can't help but to feel that this project will have the same fate.

And this fear of mine is kinda genuine because after playing the partial patch, i was invested in the worldbuilding, characters, and just how dark, original and unique the settings are (maybe i'm just sick and tired of highschool settings) plus the writing is not too edgy, like most writers definition of a "dark" story nowadays are nothing more than a gore fest, which is something i'm not a fan of (i've played kara no shoujo it's good, but the unnecessarily excessive sexual gore always made me thinks that the writer has some kind of a messed up fetish)

So yeah the game is good, really good imo, and maybe i'll write a small review of the first two chapters of the game in this thread while i wait, but all in all, i'm more glad to know that you still have that burning passion to work on this project. 

Remember that you're doing god's work out there, and i'm hopefully wish you guys will get the geofront treatment, where their project catch the attention of the devs of the game that they're fan translating and make it an official one with a bit of polish, only then you'll get the recognition that I feel you guys truly deserves.

now my question is, are there any recommendation of games that are similar to this one? (i've played previous august games like fortune arterial and that yoake thingie, and i'm just simply aren't invested in the story since it's feels like your generic unoriginal highschool romances, which is something i'm tired of seeing, and here i thought the other games august made have the same qualites in storytelling as this one, still tho they made Aiyoku no eustia, so i still hope they can craft a good or better stories in the future) 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:14 PM, Kennedy Krane said:

I made this account a year ago solely to keep track of this project, and i honestly were kinda scared when the progress starts getting slower and slower, Sorry i'm not trying to dismiss the extremely huge effort that you guys put out, simply out of pure love and passion, but after seeing some others fan translation group gave up on this game, i just can't help but to feel that this project will have the same fate.

You are not alone mate, I found this thread when I first started University. Now I'm done and still haven't got the full game to play xD.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:22 PM, AdrianTran said:

You are not alone mate, I found this thread when I first started University. Now I'm done and still haven't got the full game to play xD.

Lol same here mate, i've made this account when i was in highschool, now i'm in college, and boy my hype and hope for this project still haven't fade, which is rare for me since i'm always losing interest about something in a few months, 

i still have a good grip on the hopes that this project will be finished one day, and i'll keep waiting, like a child waiting for his dad who went out to buy a milk

Say you willing to bet which fan translation will go out first between this one and other august game senmomo?

On 10/8/2021 at 11:41 PM, jon said:

I just purchased the following edition from DMM:

Aiyoku no Eustia - New Edition

穢翼のユースティア~新装版~

Will the patch work on this edition?

Dunno the New Edition uses pfs (Artemis Engine) instead of the usual arc (BGI/Ethornell Engine) format and is tied to DMM DRM (DMM GamePlayer). Depends on which version it's for.

https://github.com/morkt/GARbro can be used to edit the contents of a pfs file.

Edited by Darkarcanum

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 4:41 PM, Kennedy Krane said:

Lol same here mate, i've made this account when i was in highschool, now i'm in college, and boy my hype and hope for this project still haven't fade, which is rare for me since i'm always losing interest about something in a few months, 

i still have a good grip on the hopes that this project will be finished one day, and i'll keep waiting, like a child waiting for his dad who went out to buy a milk

Say you willing to bet which fan translation will go out first between this one and other august game senmomo?

I'm also started following this project when I was undergrad. Now, I've already got my Ph.D. and have been working for a few years. lol.

• 4 weeks later...

An update from the one who did the TLC on reddit: 100% translated, edited, and TLC, Programming Remaining Lines and QC left to do, Eris partial patch released, "Progress for programming has seemingly been... stagnant and doesn't seem to be picking up any time soon. I have no real insight into the actual release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eustia releases Spring 2023 at the earliest (And no, that's not a typo).

17 minutes ago, MapleSyrup said:

An update from the one who did the TLC on reddit: 100% translated, edited, and TLC, Programming Remaining Lines and QC left to do, Eris partial patch released, "Progress for programming has seemingly been... stagnant and doesn't seem to be picking up any time soon. I have no real insight into the actual release date, but I wouldn't be surprised if Eustia releases Spring 2023 at the earliest (And no, that's not a typo).

Reddit is not a reliable source for information at all, this link https://onedrive.live.com/View.aspx?resid=2AA0C152F3ABC311!169&authkey=!AMiZoMMtMwT6WaI is what you should be following not anyone who isn't apart of the translation since only the main translater is working on the TLC now which is why it is slow but he is making progress.

It'll likely be released sometime in 2022 not 2023 as the only TLC left is LICIA (it is not 100% done, that person on reddit is lying to you) which is at 68.63% done.

Edited by Shaun

1 hour ago, MapleSyrup said:

Now I don't believe it may take at least 2023 but the one who posted the update is also currently working on other projects so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He is also the only one posting updates on what is happening on the project this past year.

Well your source is likely from a different translation group not related to this thread at all since only one guy is working on it now (I really doubt this project is on reddit as well, if it was the author of this thread would have posted a link to it on the OP) and TLC is not complete, you didn't even provide a link to your source at all so I'm not even going to believe it.

Edited by Shaun

12 hours ago, Sheanly said:

Maybe you will publish a partial patch with what is already translated? It is better than nothing. Forgive for impatience, I just waiting for the translation of this VN since 2015......

That won't happen though there is already a partial patch but it only covers the first two routes or chapters, the rest will be released when it is done after TLC is done.

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

that person on reddit is lying to you

Shaun- I believe the state of the Excel progress has a simple explanation.

But I'm coming to PyroCyan's defense here, since if he indeed is on the Eustia TL team, he deserves gratitude for his work, and I felt bad for him 😕 

1. To establish point #3, Eplipswich implied by his response here that /u/DesertopaDev is on the Eustia TL team:

DesertopaDev (quoted by frogstat) : "I prefer not to go into too much detail about the situation [...]" (original source)
eplipswich: "To clarify, he has been trying to get me to release the translation quicker"

2. PyroCyan is listed as the lead translator for Hoshi Ori PE on the HanabiWorks discord (see comment), and announced back in January that he was brought onto Eustia to help with TLC. He's been providing updates on it since then, including his working on the Licia route.

3. DesertopaDev's recent interaction with PyroCyan didn't challenge his status as a teammate. Not exactly confirmation, but something.

4. PyroCyan's final update screenshotted the project lead's own response describing the work remaining, which included inputting & double-checking some completed work. That could explain why the Excel progress for Licia's route needs to catch up. (At least, that's how I would track progress in his shoes - i.e. logging only what I've personally checked & inputted.)

Of course, only eplipswich can confirm or deny that that screenshot is his writing.

Correct me if any of this wrong.

Edited by gehn

On 1/3/2022 at 7:26 AM, Stormwolf said:

Time will tell.. Time will tell. But you heard it here first. I'll remember to laugh at you if i'm right, and you can laugh at me if i'm wrong.

You are very wrong, I don't understand why you need to be so negative, all you're doing is derailing the thread for no reason at all.  You really need to stop.

Have a nice block (or ignore as it's called on this forum), I'm done dealing with you @Stormwolf, every thread you post in you just have to be negative for no reason at all, you are the one derailing the threads not me or anyone else, you should've just kept your mouth shut.

Edited by Shaun

On 1/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, Shaun said:

You are very wrong, I don't understand why you need to be so negative, all you're doing is derailing the thread for no reason at all.  You really need to stop.

This is a discussion board. What needs to happen is for you to accept that others have different views and outlook for things. Your constant replies in annoyance is as much of a derailment as anything else as it continues these discussions instead of having them end in one post.  Circlejerking and enforced positivity  with no place for scrutiny has no place anywhere. You're free to disagree as this is a discussion board :) We've seen similar delays and issues before release multiple times before. Astral air, clover day's, Irotoridori no Sekai and probably lots more. All ended up looking for funding and astral air seemed to be short on luck and stuck in limbo. 

I'm not negative without any reason. I'm just wary based on trends i've observed. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me and all that. Nothing would be better than this being released as i do really want to read it.