Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

On 9/21/2021 at 11:47 AM, TheMode911 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the translator has been approached for an official release and therefore refused to complete it right now.

Obviously this is all assumption.

There is no chance that would happen since the developer of this visual novel has no intention of releasing it to the west.  There hasn't been a single official translation to any of the developers visual novels.

Edited by Shaun

14 hours ago, Shaun said:

Highly unlikely to happen since the developer of this visual novel has no intention of releasing it to the west.  There hasn't been a single official translation to any of the developers visual novels.

How unlikely it is doesn't matter. if he releases it now he will never be able to make any money out of this, if he wait and get an offer he will.

Are you sure that it is the developers not wanting, and not that there have been no serious effort to localize it?

On 9/22/2021 at 2:54 AM, TheMode911 said:

How unlikely it is doesn't matter. if he releases it now he will never be able to make any money out of this, if he wait and get an offer he will.

Are you sure that it is the developers not wanting, and not that there have been no serious effort to localize it?

We wouldn't need fan translations if the developer wanted to release it to the west, you clearly know nothing about the developer.

Also the main person working on this fan translation isn't looking to make money off of it to begin with, no fan translator ever looks for money in return since most just consider it a hobby not a job.

Edited by Shaun

19 hours ago, Shaun said:

We wouldn't need fan translations if the developer wanted to release it to the west, you clearly know nothing about the developer.

Also the main person working on this translation isn't looking to make money off of it to begin with.

Wait, do you really believe that officially localized games have been licensed for free? The fact that none of their game has been sold in the west doesn't mean that they do not want to (perhaps it is the case, but I and YOU have no idea), but it is also possible that they didn't get a proper offer yet.

Please you can say that it is very unlikely, but do not say that it is impossible. You are clearly not objective

3 hours ago, TheMode911 said:

Wait, do you really believe that officially localized games have been licensed for free? The fact that none of their game has been sold in the west doesn't mean that they do not want to (perhaps it is the case, but I and YOU have no idea), but it is also possible that they didn't get a proper offer yet.

Please you can say that it is very unlikely, but do not say that it is impossible. You are clearly not objective

No one even remotely said anything even close to that and there is zero chance it will get a official translation. It almost seems like you completely misunderstood what I said there as your reply doesn't match with what I said at all.

You clearly aren't aware there are Japanese visual novel developers who do not want to bring their visual novels to the west, this developer, Eshully and Toneworks (neither have a single official translation) are the 3 I can think of and there are likely many more.

51 minutes ago, Shaun said:

No one even remotely said anything even close to that and there is zero chance it will get a official translation. It almost seems like you completely misunderstood what I said there as your reply doesn't match with what I said at all.

You clearly aren't aware there are Japanese visual novel developers who do not want to bring their visual novels to the west, this developer, Eshully and Toneworks (neither have a single official translation) are the 3 I can think of and there are likely many more.

Fan translations do not exist because Japanese companies do not want to release in the west, it is a money problem. Fact is that there are many translated VNs from developers that then got official release here.

I get that some companies do not want to release in the west, it does not mean that it will always be the case. The fact that a developer did not provide any license yet doesn't mean that they will never. Are you working with them to say such affirmation?

Edited by TheMode911

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

Eshully and Toneworks (neither have a single official translation) are the 3 I can think of and there are likely many more.

Pretty sure it´s also a matter of how much localizer xy is willing to pay. eushully for example is not against someone officially releasing their titles in the west, just the amount of money they´ve asked for (sekai in this case), seems a little offputting. guess same pretty much goes for some others as well, which might change over time (devs getting into financial shenanigans etc), or not. & with now DMM proactively stomping the loc market you can´t really predict anything anymore

Edited by SaintOfVoid

I doubt that they are trying to sell the translation. The lead translator is just probably busy with real-life stuff, but if some members of the project is not happy with progress being bottlenecked due to being too busy, I think it's better to ask for some help or to delegate some responsibilites to others.

9 hours ago, MapleSyrup said:

I doubt that they are trying to sell the translation. The lead translator is just probably busy with real-life stuff, but if some members of the project is not happy with progress being bottlenecked due to being too busy, I think it's better to ask for some help or to delegate some responsibilites to others.

I think so too. 

Meh, i was waiting since 2015. Few more months or years doesn't really matter as long as its finished and quality maintained.

Probably some drama is happening in the background. I mean none of them are replying in this thread, which they did in the past. Takes like 10 seconds to reply anything at all.

Maybe the leader is controlling and abusing power over having the files? Who knows.

Or maybe they're just waiting for a deal with any company before selling or releasing.

All speculations, but what isnt is the fact that utter silence is never a good sign.

The lead translator is still working on it although very slowly, everyone needs to quit with the speculations, they are not waiting for any deal with any company since they have no intention of selling their work and it will be released when finished.

Just ignore anyone saying groundless speculations.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

The lead translator is still working on it although very slowly, everyone needs to quit with the speculations, they are not waiting for any deal with any company since they have no intention of selling their work and it will be released when finished.

It is not your place to say so, and nobody is saying that it is the case either. We are in the right to "doubt" until we get words from the translator directly. Anyway even if he was waiting for a deal, I am sure that people would understand and not see it as a bad thing

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

You're just speculating same as us. Just a more optimistic outlook. We'll see in time

On 9/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, frogstat said:

With all due respect, what the hell is going on?

On 9/23/2021 at 4:56 PM, TheMode911 said:

Fan translations do not exist because Japanese companies do not want to release in the west, it is a money problem. Fact is that there are many translated VNs from developers that then got official release here.

I get that some companies do not want to release in the west, it does not mean that it will always be the case. The fact that a developer did not provide any license yet doesn't mean that they will never. Are you working with them to say such affirmation?

On 9/25/2021 at 5:59 PM, TheMode911 said:

It is not your place to say so, and nobody is saying that it is the case either. We are in the right to "doubt" until we get words from the translator directly. Anyway even if he was waiting for a deal, I am sure that people would understand and not see it as a bad thing

Ungrateful people like you are the reason there are barley any fan translators left in 2021! People who spend thousands of hours translating a VN for free are doing it because they are fans just like everyone here! You know there have been many fan translator that have dropped their projects due to all the shit posts. I have never understood how people can be so ungrateful for people doing them such a time consuming service for FREE. This group has already done more than most groups by releasing a partial patch.  If you want to motivate people to finish a project, Words of encouragement will go a lot farther than comments that will definitely be taken as insults.

With that out of the way, I want to thank everyone involved in this project for all the hard work they have put in to bring this wonderful Eroge to the English speaking community. Please know there are many people who are truly grateful for the work you do! I am looking forward to reading this novel even if it doesn't get released as quickly as some people seem to think it should. Please know that there are more people that are grateful to you than there are shit posters. Thank you.

4 hours ago, LeftHandedMagus said:

Ungrateful people like you are the reason there are barley any fan translators left in 2021! People who spend thousands of hours translating a VN for free are doing it because they are fans just like everyone here! You know there have been many fan translator that have dropped their projects due to all the shit posts. I have never understood how people can be so ungrateful for people doing them such a time consuming service for FREE. This group has already done more than most groups by releasing a partial patch.  If you want to motivate people to finish a project, Words of encouragement will go a lot farther than comments that will definitely be taken as insults.

With that out of the way, I want to thank everyone involved in this project for all the hard work they have put in to bring this wonderful Eroge to the English speaking community. Please know there are many people who are truly grateful for the work you do! I am looking forward to reading this novel even if it doesn't get released as quickly as some people seem to think it should. Please know that there are more people that are grateful to you than there are shit posters. Thank you.

I do not think that I am ungrateful? I will be happy for them even if they end up officially localizing it (and I agree that this situation is unlikely). I just didn't like the answer I got saying that I was wrong without any proof whatsoever. And I will be equality happy if they release it for free, it is their right to do whatever they want with their work.

Are you saying that you will trashtalk them if they ever decide to do not work for free?

In all case I agree that I have been overly aggressive in my answers but it has never been against the people working on this project, good luck!

2 minutes ago, TheMode911 said:

I do not think that I am ungrateful? I will be happy for them even if they end up officially localizing it (and I agree that this situation is unlikely). I just didn't like the answer I got saying that I was wrong without any proof whatsoever. And I will be equality happy if they release it for free, it is their right to do whatever they want with their work.

Are you saying that you will trashtalk them if they ever decide to do not work for free?

In all case I agree that I have been overly aggressive in my answers but it has never been against the people working on this project, good luck!

When I was talking about trash talking, I was mostly talking about frogstat, because I thought what he said was very rude. I added your quote's because it sounded a little accusatory when I read it [I may have interpreted it completely wrong]. August soft will most likely never publish in the west because they want way too much money for their licenses [probably because they are not too fond of westerners]. Sorry if my comment was offensive in any way, I have watched too many fan-tl projects get scraped over trolling and people seeming to think they are entitled to a patch, so I get a little unsettled when I see threads derailing like this [I start thinking, Oh boy, here it comes again]. Fan translation groups have the right to do what ever they want with their work weather they sell it or throw it in their recycle bin folder. They also have the right to remain silent until the day they decide to release the patch.  

13 minutes ago, LeftHandedMagus said:

When I was talking about trash talking, I was mostly talking about frogstat, because I thought what he said was very rude. I added your quote's because it sounded a little accusatory when I read it [I may have interpreted it completely wrong]. August soft will most likely never publish in the west because they want way too much money for their licenses [probably because they are not too fond of westerners]. Sorry if my comment was offensive in any way, I have watched too many fan-tl projects get scraped over trolling and people seeming to think they are entitled to a patch, so I get a little unsettled when I see threads derailing like this [I start thinking, Oh boy, here it comes again]. Fan translation groups have the right to do what ever they want with their work weather they sell it or throw it in their recycle bin folder. They also have the right to remain silent until the day they decide to release the patch.  

Well in the other hand I can understand why people would want update. As you said many projects have been abandoned, should we come here indefinitely until we potentially get a patch? They have the right over their work, but we deserve to be up-to-date since they decided to announce it publicly.

It is the reason behind my first message, I would prefer to have a confirmation from the team saying that they are waiting for X or that the project is postponed than generic excuse like "I do not have enough time" since lets be fair, I do not think that anyone would complain if we got the incomplete patch right now

I just hope whatever is going on behind the scenes can be resolved.

2 hours ago, TheMode911 said:

I would prefer to have a confirmation from the team saying that they are waiting for X or that the project is postponed than generic excuse like "I do not have enough time" since lets be fair, I do not think that anyone would complain if we got the incomplete patch right now

Even one of the members of the project commented on reddit that even he was surprised that the tlc status went up.

17 hours ago, LeftHandedMagus said:

I start thinking, Oh boy, here it comes again]. Fan translation groups have the right to do what ever they want with their work weather they sell it or throw it in their recycle bin folder. They also have the right to remain silent until the day they decide to release the patch.  

You're right. It's also a poor way of running a TL project, hence the speculation and confusion.

I think Littleshogun explanation is right, and there is just stuff happening behind the scenes.

There's definitely nothing going on behind the scenes, don't worry guys. Nor am I looking for profit whatsoever. Fact is that I've been busy lately ever since finding a new job a few months ago, and I don't like to get rushed.

That being said, I can't and won't confirm when I will finish this, but I've been doing my best to make progress and finish this, while at the same time not rush to give you guys a rushed translation, so I would appreciate if people can be patient and not spread rumors or make wild speculations. Thanks for your understanding!

On 9/21/2021 at 6:33 PM, frogstat said:

From the reddit thread:

"I prefer not to go into too much detail about the situation, since it'd mean airing out some tensions between myself and the lead translator publicly"

Yeah, shit's happening behind the scenes and there's tension between the project members.

Also, this has been blown out of proportions. To clarify, he has been trying to get me to release the translation quicker, when really, I don't want to be rushing my translation especially with my new job now. So that's that. Either way, there's no actual tensions in the team, so don't worry.

Edited by eplipswich

thank you eplipswich for putting a stop to what this thread was turning into and please take your time with the translation. many of us are patience and are grateful for your work so please dont let the small percentage of entitled/ungrateful people discourage you. once agian thank you for your work and no rush take as long as your need and if needed takes breaks and have a good day.

Edited by asr163

9 minutes ago, asr163 said:

thank you eplipswich for putting a stop to what this thread was turning into and please take your time with the translation. many of us are patience and are grateful for your work so please dont let the small percentage of entitled/ungrateful people discourage you. once agian thank you for your work and no rush take as long as your need and if needed takes breaks and have a good day.

Thank you for speaking the truth. I hated what was happening on this thread lately