Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I don't know if @Darkarcanum here is really new on VN fan translation scene or not, but from the look of it I think you're pretty much (Pardon my choice of word beforehand) naive and reckless in that you think that you should donate money in grey zone. Remember that fan translation here is basically grey zone, and I know that there's several examples of some projects got C&D just because they've been ask for money with the famous example is Romanesque Kickstarter by Aroduc. While I know that it's your own will to give the money, it might be alert August which to say is less than ideal situation and therefore risking C&D. Not to mention that giving donation here is basically just turned it into pseudo official translation, which is still illegal at this point and to make it legal it would take too much effort. So in order to lessen the risk of C&D, I would say that you better just scrapped the donation idea and just support the effort through another way.

PS - Donation here is pretty much debated in the older time of Fuwanovel, and you may learn about that from both of the thread below.

And here's another thread that discuss about it as well.

tldr - I would say that it's better safe than sorry when it come to donation to fan translation effort, so my stance here would be that I won't involve with this kind of donation even if I have 100 dollars because of the risk.

Thanks for the your input and the threads you've linked.

To be honest, it's not really something I've considered given the fact that it wouldn't be a donation for the translation, but a gift as an acknowledgment of a personal goal being met, but I take your point seriously.

Perhaps it would be safe to put it this way: I will not be giving any money for this project whatsoever, that being said I'm happy for eplipswich to message me and I'll offer my strong words of congratulations once it's all done. No cause for complaint if we're doing it that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is this patch intended to work on the DMM/DLsoft version of Eustia or another version? Because aside from ordering a physical copy the only way I see to get the download version is from there and I'm wondering if the DMM Game Launcher that they've been using will interfere.

Other than that, a heartfelt thanks for all the good work you guys are putting in on this TL. Looking forward to the full release.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You can always check the progress at the Excel file (The link for the Excel file), and for the current progress it seems that the translator himself decided to tackle on Licia's chapter alone. As for why it's slowing down, I would say that it's because the translator himself may be busy on some other activities. Anyway if you want some current progress right now Licia's chapter was at almost 60% (59.27%) TLC-ed with the overall TLC progress was already at 92% TLC-ed.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, asr163 said:

visual novel translations are vary slow (this is normal) if this upsets you let me remind you that they do this on their spare time and are not obligated to finish their work.

I've been a translator for multiple projects myself and this rate of progress is not normal, especially when it's so close to finishing. The silence from the TL team isn't helping.

No, they're not "obligated" to finish it, but that's neither here nor there. No serious project can last with that mindset.

As for what happen in regard of this, perhaps the word from the TLC person at Reddit can answer that (Source for anyone else who want to confirm it).

I'm afraid that nobody other than the lead translator is actually in a position to do so. I prefer not to go into too much detail about the situation, since it'd mean airing out some tensions between myself and the lead translator publicly, but the slowdown relates to the fact that a change in his work situation has left him with much less time available to actually implement the TLCed text, and we're in disagreement over extent to which he needs to be personally responsible for that.

The context is in regard of someone asking to just leak the patch like previous August VNs, and the TLC person did say that he's not in the position to do that. As for the translator himself (ie the OP), I can see that he's been pretty busy with stuffs and all. I also understand though if he want to do some TLC work on it, because after all it would be very annoying if someone who have enough knowledge of Japanese language and having too much free time would nitpick some of the lines just like what happen at Daitoshokan. In any case I hope that we can have this at the next year, assuming that the translator finally have enough free time to work on the remaining 7.12% of the TLC work of this.

Edited by littleshogun