Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Oh, the post was absolutely disrespectful. But as you say, I was not addressing that, and neither was Ange.
That said, asking the patchmakers about their grasp on Japanese because what you've seen has cast it in doubt is a fair thing to do.

If the makers and thread owners say they don't want this sort of comment publicly is one thing, but until their stance is known, let's not discuss the validity of the post over it being a bit disrespectful towards the work that was regardless put into making the patch.

As it often is, it's not about what you say but how you say it.

About that picture, I am well aware of it and it is indeed good constructive feedback, so it's all good. Also note that all the lines in that picture are in Eris' chapter only and not the other chapters. The truth is, Eris' chapter was translated by another translator, and while I did TLC of it, it seems I didn't do a thorough enough TLC (I didn't think it would be that serious), so no excuses there. Hence, I'm currently relooking into Eris' chapter (now that I'm done translating Licia's chapter) and ironing out the spotty translation mistakes in there.

That said, I might release another partial patch which will not only feature the fixes in Eris' chapter, but also adds Saint Irene's chapter (Chapter 3). We'll see how things go :)

More importantly though, it would be great if I can get feedback on the prologue and Fione's chapter, because those 2 chapters are translated by me, and there hasn't been any major feedback on those 2 chapters.

Eris' chapter is also the reason why I'm translating this VN solo now btw.

Edited by eplipswich

On 18/05/2019 at 6:05 AM, eplipswich said:

Eris' chapter is also the reason why I'm translating this VN solo now btw.

And Eris chapter is why I'm playing this VN :P

Tho about the online excel file, are you gonna change the stats for Eris' route translation to your "re"-translation progress ? (And I hope that the first translation doesn't contain too many errors for the correction to take too long...)

On 5/19/2019 at 8:19 PM, Kazami Yuiji said:

And Eris chapter is why I'm playing this VN :P

Tho about the online excel file, are you gonna change the stats for Eris' route translation to your "re"-translation progress ? (And I hope that the first translation doesn't contain too many errors for the correction to take too long...)

I might not change the stats since I might not take too long for the correction. Maybe a month at most. We'll see how things go. If it's going to take too long, I'll be adding the stats and I'll let you know :)

• 2 weeks later...

As a casual english player, reading the Eris route was smooth and coherent. I wouldn't have noticed the inconsistencies in the translating if someone more fluent in Japanese didn't point it out in that image posted earlier in this thread. My knowledge of Japanese is pretty basic and I originally read the novel with my meager weaboo skills and a text translator, so my input may not be very helpful. It does seem to me that a lot of effort was put into the translation though, and for that I am grateful 

Looking forward to Saint Irene's chapter, no pressure with that though :) 

On 6/9/2019 at 2:00 PM, glupak said:

I hope you manage to 'fix' Eris' route because im probably gonna play her route first :D.

the translation is readable, you probably won't notice the errors unless you look for them. the patch didn't work until I started a new game though lol

Edited by Skyspades

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I'm sure most of you have realized by now that I've finished translating the main story :P. Never had I translated something faster than any other parts of the story, also because I knew that I was at the last stretch at least for the main story.

So now, all that's left is translating the side stories/appendix stories. I will be translating the side stories while the rest of my team handle the editing and QC of the main story, so chances are, I might finish translating the side stories as well before they finished their editing and QC of the main story.

My original plan was to release another partial patch covering just Saint Irene's chapter and fixes for Eris' chapter, but seeing that I'm done translating the main story, I might hold out until we're done with everything, including the side stories.

But yeah, either way, milestone achieved! Yay!

Edited by eplipswich