Aiyoku no Eustia Translation Project (Partial Patch is Out!)

eplipswich

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my first post on this forum. I made account just to thank you for your work and ask for update regarding partial patch.

I just couldn't wait any longer, so I played until end of Fione chapter with Yantere TL and now I really want to read Eris one ;O

I'm so pumped, please don't let my hype die ;V

Signing on with an account I seldom use to to just say. You guys have done phenomenal work thus far. When I initially saw a new group hoping to tackle this vn I kinda just shrugged assuming you guys wouldn't make it very far. But here we are a partial patch released, work progressing as usual and no fear of failure. Goes so show how much you guys have surprised us. thanks for all the work you guys have put into this, I look forward to the final release with baited breath.

Edit: it seems the partial patch is from yandere translations and I was speaking under the assumption it was this translation whoops.

Edited by periah250
misinformed

So has the partial patch up to eris been delayed if not canceled? Its been a fair bit since any news has been dropped on that so I'm curious as to the current status on that. If it has been canceled in favor of focusing on translation work then i think it would be good to relay that so we can temper our expectations to a more reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure if this sounds pushy or needy or anything but I'm simply curious as to the state of affairs regarding the partial patch. earlier comments indicates it was practically ready.

Partial patch is now out! Link below and also in the first post:

https://mega.nz/#!no0DyQza!DZShSFgME_-iW6vaEdYy3oek-794a1yiuiW48U05dBQ

This partial patch covers up to the end of Eris' chapter (Chapter 2). Just extract the files from the zip and overwrite the game files.

Some points to take note:

- If you are playing Aiyoku no Eustia from a save file from the old Yandere English patch and apply this new patch, you will notice that upon loading the save file, the first line of the save file will appear gibberish. Don't worry! Just Quick Jump to a previous line. The previous line will appear gibberish, but subsequent lines will appear as normal.

- If you are playing Aiyoku no Eustia for the first time, you don't need to worry about the above point.

Sorry for the long wait, but I wanted to make sure the partial patch is in good condition before I release it. So here you are. Hope you enjoy!

So has the partial patch up to eris been delayed if not canceled? Its been a fair bit since any news has been dropped on that so I'm curious as to the current status on that. If it has been canceled in favor of focusing on translation work then i think it would be good to relay that so we can temper our expectations to a more reasonable time frame.

I'm not sure if this sounds pushy or needy or anything but I'm simply curious as to the state of affairs regarding the partial patch. earlier comments indicates it was practically ready.

It definitely isn't canceled! I was just waiting for the QCer to finish his QC before I set up the patch (it took him a while because of life getting in the way). So yeah :) Thanks for your comments btw!

Edited by eplipswich

4 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

So it says this patch is up to ch2 right?

Outta curiosity how many chapters are there and how do routes work?

As for how many chapters in Eustia, there's seven including prologue and the side stories. As for how the routes work, it's just like G-Senjou or Grisaia in that there'll be a choice that determined whether you'll continue until the end or finished the particular character rouye.

PS - Congratulation to the OP for Eris's patch there, and good luck to finished the rest of the script.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for how many chapters in Eustia, there's seven including prologue and the side stories. As for how the routes work, it's just like G-Senjou or Grisaia in that there'll be a choice that determined whether you'll continue until the end or finished the particular character rouye.

PS - Congratulation to the OP for Eris's patch there, and good luck to finished the rest of the script.

Umm I'm rather certain grisaia isn't a ladder structure I got done replaying the common route a few days ago and While there are some choices here and there where said selection locks some girls off, it does continue to a set end meaning it is has a common route that branches into separate routes. Eustia has chapters with a branch at the end of each for each corresponding girl. Like as you said G senjou, Steins;gate while non-romantic had chapters with short routes branching off them, classifying it as a ladder structure to some degree.

2 minutes ago, nahucirujano said:

Thanks for all your hard work.

Guys, a question. For now I'm only interested in playing Eris' route.

The patch covers "Eris' Chapter", so this means the entire route? One chapter is a full route? Or every route story continues in later chapters.

Well, actually, the structure of Aiyoku no Eustia is more like G-Senjou no Maou, meaning each chapter is centered on a heroine, but is part of the main story with a branch that leads to the heroine's ending. So making the right choices will lead to Eris' ending. Otherwise, the main story will continue to the next chapter which will focus on another heroine.

3 minutes ago, eplipswich said:

Well, actually, the structure of Aiyoku no Eustia is more like G-Senjou no Maou, meaning each chapter is centered on a heroine, but is part of the main story with a branch that leads to the heroine's ending. So making the right choices will lead to Eris' ending. Otherwise, the main story will continue to the next chapter which will focus on another heroine.

Oh, I see. Great then. Thanks, man.

Thanks a lot to you @eplipswich and all your team ! I remember having played Yandere's translation on 2012 and been waiting for it since lol, obviously I will be playing from the beginning with your translation. Good news you're still progressing well, I'll be looking forward the sequel as I have always been curious about when the protagonist will be going upward from the slums to meet Irene or Licia (but no spoil plz ^^)

28 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

It was only a matter of time before the big brain "JOP fan" picky critics stepped on in.

In this instance, they have presented evidence and concrete problems in the lines (I do not know Japanese, but those with cursory understanding of it could perhaps understand the evidence). This takes work and effort. It is most definitely not one of those instances you are referencing, where they claim the translation is bad and put no further effort into the criticism. This is constructive.

As for whether the fact that the translation may have issues affects the experience of an English player, that is a different beast entirely, and not in question here.

2 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

It was only a matter of time before the big brain "JOP fan" picky critics stepped on in.

They pointed specific lines and what the errors were, from where i stand it's obviously just good old constructive criticism and shouldn't be disregarded as just hate from "big brained jops".

Edited by Loksfox
it instead of it's

1 hour ago, Mr Poltroon said:

In this instance, they have presented evidence and concrete problems in the lines (I do not know Japanese, but those with cursory understanding of it could perhaps understand the evidence). This takes work and effort. It is most definitely not one of those instances you are referencing, where they claim the translation is bad and put no further effort into the criticism. This is constructive.

As for whether the fact that the translation may have issues affects the experience of an English player, that is a different beast entirely, and not in question here.

Not one word about the way it was posted .You don't post evidence and follow up with stuff like "You guys suck, fucking learn japanese or stop translating" And say it was a constructive post. That was an exaggeration to prove my point, but not far from what was said.  You'd have to lack some serious social skills to think this is acceptable behavior, or to post it in the first place. If someone wants to be constructive, pm the one who needs it and don't try to publicly humiliate the ones working on it unless you post it in a proper manner without being insulting. This shouldn't have to be explained now should it?

I can't say anything other than groups should stop doing patches like this. Counter productive when they get disrespectful feedback such as this. 

Just now, Stormwolf said:

Not one word about the way it was posted .You don't post evidence and follow up with stuff like "You guys suck, fucking learn japanese or stop translating" And say it was a constructive post. That was an exaggeration to prove my point, but not far from what was said.  You'd have to lack some serious social skills to think this is acceptable behavior, or to post it in the first place. If someone wants to be constructive, pm the one who needs it and don't try to publicly humiliate the ones working on it unless you post it in a proper manner without being insulting. This shouldn't have to be explained now should it?

Oh, the post was absolutely disrespectful. But as you say, I was not addressing that, and neither was Ange.
That said, asking the patchmakers about their grasp on Japanese because what you've seen has cast it in doubt is a fair thing to do.

If the makers and thread owners say they don't want this sort of comment publicly is one thing, but until their stance is known, let's not discuss the validity of the post over it being a bit disrespectful towards the work that was regardless put into making the patch.