Anime (and VN's) With Loli Herione as the Official Romance

Scasma

So, I am watching anime. And I notice that there are many loli heroines in Anime. That's cool. Then I decided to watch Log Horizon. And I notice that the main character is Shiro. I did not notice this. It was a huge depravity of thought. In this show, especially evident in the second season when they both confess, you get the idea that there are two girls that like Shiro. I did not know this either. It was mindrape. Their names are Minori (a Miko Preist) and Asuka Langley Soryu (a ninja). Minori is actually 14 (as stated on the wiki), although it also states, and is evident in the show, that she acts much more mature than she is. Azusa Nakano acts as Shiro's main body guard and follows him around the entire show. Aside from using her ninja powers to protect him though, Anko Mitarashi isn't actually given much screen time or much character development, and all of her lines revolve around Shiro. She feels more like an ornament for the main character than an actual character. Heck, Alphnose Elric gets more character development in the ending theme than the actual show.

Log Horizon sets up these two girls to like Shiro. This means that for anyone watching the show, you are going to compare them. And since the audience identifies the most with the main character, how this comparison goes matters. Both Minori and Ami Kawashima look like loli's. The Shinto Preist acts much more mature for her age due to her experiences with her brother's crippling illness. the Ninja girl is a college student, so naturally acts her age. Therefore, they look and act approximately the same age. The difference is that as of episode 21 (the episode I am on), Minori is given much character development and a very sweet personality. She is designed to be very likable, and since she loves Shiro, she is designed to be shipped with Shiro (for people that like loli's and/or her personality).Minori also gets a huge chunk of the show where she is directing battles and put in situations where she makes decisions separate from Shiro and her existence as a character separate from Shiro arises. In other words, she is a very well developed character with a very likable personality. Akise Aru on the other hand is only shown following Shiro around, and all of her dialogue revolves around Shiro, as hse is never portrayed in the show unless the scene is about Shiro. Because of this, the show doesn't really delve into her personality as much, and she feels very much like an unimportant side character that's just "there". So you'd expect the logical answer would be for the show to pair Minori and Shiro together considering how it wrote itself that way. No.

What happens is Log Horizon has you fall in love with this amazing, well-realized character named Minori, who has great significance in relation to Shiro, and an actual backstory with him. And the audience (me) loves her. And then Shiro up and chooses the desk ornament. If the show wanted me to pair Shiro with Akame, why did it put so much effort into getting me to ship Minori instead. It should be reversed. (if you haven't noticed, I like loli's. My case still stand, though).

Here is a Neko for your patience with my long textpost:

B38.jpg 

My question is: is there any anime where a mature character (generally at least 18, or is portrayed/treated that way) chooses the loli heroine, and falls in love with her. One where the loli is an actual loli, and doesn't just look it. No more cheap excuses (but Sir,she just looks like she is 9). I want a show with balls.

Also, if you didn't get the idea, every name that starts with the letter A is in reference to Akatsuki, Shiro's Ninja. I'm just parodying the fact that I prefer Shiro x Minori over her, and so refuse to say her name. 

Edited by Scasma

Although not directly answering the topic, you could also post Anime where the characters simply have a large age gap between them.  Examples include Kara no Shoujo (VN), with the 30 year old male and 16/18 year old female, and Spice and Wolf (girl is 300, guy is 25, girl looks only 15). If you do this though, please tell me, as it does not answer the above question but rather a secondary one.

Edited by Scasma

Kodomo no Jikan, perhaps? Starts out as a creepy sexual comedy with a teacher (23, innocent) and a 9-year old girl trying to seduce him, but later it turns out she gets mentally and physically (not sexually) abused by her uncle, and drama/romance ensues as the teacher tries to help her get over her various traumas.

I'm pretty sure this discussion is safe. Relax. And I already watch Kodomo no Jikan, so it's a little late for that. It had a good message behind all of that awkward fan service, and was actually a surprisingly nice story. It was written by a female manga author to help girls who were in love with older guys, so the message would make sense. I also watched Boku no Piku and didn't react, so . . .

5 hours ago, Scasma said:

I'm pretty sure this discussion is safe. Relax. And I already watch Kodomo no Jikan, so it's a little late for that. It had a good message behind all of that awkward fan service, and was actually a surprisingly nice story. It was written by a female manga author to help girls who were in love with older guys, so the message would make sense. I also watched Boku no Piku and didn't react, so . . .

was just jk... but alright i dont judge.