Jump to content

Lass is filing for bankruptcy


Satsuki
 Share

Recommended Posts

Alas!  They will be missed.

Actually, I'm not sure they will be.  3days was pretty good.  Festa! was meh at best, and 11eyes was only slightly better.  In fact, looking at their product list, everything they've done since 2008 has been pretty crappy, hasn't it?  Bad games, half-assed incomplete ones, trend-chasing garbage...  Nope, maybe they're better off gone.

 

14 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I know the title is self-explanatory in some way, but could someone get us a rough translation on the text?

It's just a list of companies they owe money to.  Nothing really interesting, although I am curious as to how they ended up owing 180 million Yen to a Ramen shop...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Toranth said:

 Nothing really interesting, although I am curious as to how they ended up owing 180 million Yen to a Ramen shop...

I admit that kanji are the bane of my existence, and it's easy to miss something in a sea of kanji I can't read.  But I don't see anything saying 1800万円 anywhere.  Which one of these entries is a ramen shop?  They must have damn good ramen, and very understanding owners, to run up a tab that high ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another one bites the dust. Sadly, they didn't really achieve anything particular to be missed as a company.

It's actually pretty amazing how much money they own to various intermediaries. I'm not really surprised they went bankrupt with that kind of company management. 180m yen to a Ramen Shop? Weren't they able to cut costs by preparing food for themselves or supply on their own? Mindboogling.

Edited by Narcosis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

Another one bites the dust. Sadly, they didn't really achieve anything particular to be missed as a company.

It's actually pretty amazing how much money they own to various intermediaries. I'm not really surprised they went bankrupt with that kind of company management. 180m yen to a Ramen Shop? Weren't they able to cut costs by preparing food for themselves or supply on their own? Mindboogling.

I don't think they spent all that money in food though, maybe they rent one of their proprieties and eventually stopped to pay the rent.

Edited by WinterfuryZX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not the best when is comes to reading kanji, but I'm pretty sure that these are all different companies.  The title is company trust information or something like that. The one we need to look at is ラズエル(Lassuel) aka Lass. (https://vndb.org/p357)

1(業種) is type of industry which is ガームソフト開発(game development)

2 is location - somewhere in Tokyo I guess

3 is capital stock - 3.000.000 yen

4 is representative(?) - I can't read that^^

5 is dept - 168,000,000 yen

6 is I think reason/cause - and if I'm not mistaken, that says they are filing for bankruptcy

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a sidenote, if you're concerned about devs, bankrupcy of a game studio nowadays does not necessarily mean the end for it's people. From my experience, they will propably either disband and look for new work elsewhere, start freelancing or even form a new company or brand/subsidiary alongside new publisher, which is the most propable case scenario. That is, as long as they want to continue working together in the games industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Narcosis said:

On a sidenote, if you're concerned about devs, bankrupcy of a game studio nowadays does not necessarily mean the end for it's people. From my experience, they will propably either disband and look for new work elsewhere, start freelancing or even form a new company or brand/subsidiary alongside new publisher, which is the most propable case scenario. That is, as long as they want to continue working together in the games industry.

Of course... they're just... regular workers? Think of what you'd do in their shoes.

Like Uchikoshi, he got away from the KID disaster and ended up eventually at Spike Chunsoft, where he's been very comfortable, along with his Danganronpa pal, whatever his name is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

11eyes was a fan patch, though.  If it'd been a real release, then it would be surprising.  Fan patches bear no relation to how well the companies are doing; I'm pretty sure there's a fan patch or two for games from long-dead companies.

I see, and now you mention it there's Never7 case (KID was also bankrupt). But 11eyes aside, it's still quite surprising though considering that they just released their new VN at December (The sales maybe too low though).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regarding the ramen thing, I think there's been a misunderstanding of the picture. From what I can tell it's a list of companies that have had some update on their credit standing (企業信用情報) recently, of which lass is just one (and it only lists their total debt, which is indeed 1億6800万円, no details - aka 168,000,000 yen). Most of the companies listed seem to be doing bankruptcy procedures (破産手続き).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Zakamutt said:

Regarding the ramen thing, I think there's been a misunderstanding of the picture. From what I can tell it's a list of companies that have had some update on their credit standing (企業信用情報) recently, of which lass is just one (and it only lists their total debt, which is indeed 1億6800万円, no details - aka 168,000,000 yen). Most of the companies listed seem to be doing seem to be bankruptcy procedures (破産手続き).

Yeah, I misinterpreted the document - I thought it was a publication of Lass' debts, rather than just a summarized list of companies.  Which is sad; the other way was at least something humorous out of the situation.

 

Still, 168 million in debt, with assets of 3 million?  Yeah, that's... a good time to initiate bankruptcy proceedings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...