Fatal Twelve from aiueoKompany has a Kickstarter that was just launched by Sekai Project

Nier

a96f6NT.jpg

Kickstarter Campaign:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/fatal-twelve-a-thrilling-mystery-vn-with-full-voic

It's a 34 days campaign.

aiueoKompany is the developer of "Sound of Drop -fall into poison-" (for the ones interested, you can get a physical copy of that title in english here), but any true VN fan should know that already.

Edited by Nier

10 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Doesn't look bad, but I've already used up my current Kickstarter budget for the Leyline trilogy. Might check it out if it's released and gets decent ratings though.

You won't be able to get the physical rewards afterwards if you miss this one out though, the other thing you can do is put down 1 USD and then upgrade your pledge and/or add add-ons through Backerkit when you have the money.

Edited by Nier

What the fuck is with the weird prominence on the Japanese voice acting? Like is this campaign here to solely fund that aspect of the vn? I'm sorry, but I haven't fallen down that specific fucking weaboo hole. If I'm helping bankroll the development of a visual novel I want extra story content or art assets, voice acting (especially foreign voice acting) is not even on my list of priorities. 

No your not getting a dime outa me, I'll be glad to purchase this visual novel after I see some positive reviews.

Well, the thing is there's some people who more like to hear VN was Japanese voiced. Although I'm pretty much didn't care about that though if the VN was OELVN (Not this because the company was from Japan though).

Back to topic. Apparently the goal was to funding the physical copy only (Something that becaming trend), looking from the low base goal which is only at 35,000. I mean if they really want to Kickstarter all of the production cost alone it'll be take much more cost, even counting using not well known seiyuu.

As for the seiyuu, once again not well known. For more elaboration all of them was had few roles accordimg to MAL with one exception (Even then it's mostly supporting role). But as for the art, it was quite good looking. That's all what I could say for now.

PS - By the way, one of seiyuu was also vocal for Kira Kira Precure (2017 Precure) opening song if some of you interested.

58 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

If I'm helping bankroll the development of a visual novel I want extra story content or art assets, voice acting (especially foreign voice acting) is not even on my list of priorities.

Good for you.  You probably won't want to back this, then.

However, it's kind of weird that you would act surprised and indignant that a feature many people in the community are known to care strongly about would feature prominently in their sales pitch.

12 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Good for you.  You probably won't want to back this, then.

However, it's kind of weird that you would act surprised and indignant that a feature many people in the community are known to care strongly about would feature prominently in their sales pitch.

I'm an outlier, I know and if the voice acting wasn't mentioned I would have only posted the last sentence of my post. It provokes two of my sore spots, one of which is that a huge amount of the cost it takes to localize visual novels comes from Japanese Voice actors demanding a absurd amount of money. The next sore spot is that was the same sales pitch that WAS - The Hourglass of Lepidoptera used and we all know what a shit show that ended up as. 

Edited by Soulless Watcher

32 minutes ago, Soulless Watcher said:

I'm an outlier, I know and if the voice acting wasn't mentioned I would have only posted the last sentence of my post. It provokes two of my sore spots, one of which is that a huge amount of the cost it takes to localize visual novels comes from Japanese Voice actors demanding a absurd amount of money. The next sore spot is that was the same sales pitch that WAS - The Hourglass of Lepidoptera used and we all know what a shit show that ended up as. 

If you really want to blame someone then blame the companies and talent agencies behind voice actors. It's foolish that you think VAs pocket most of the money that goes into paying for JP voices. If VAs were rolling in money then they wouldn't have to resort to doing 18+ roles and working side jobs.

Edited by bigfatround0

I can understand "once burned, twice shy", but Hourglass of Lepidoptera had far worse issues.  Its problems were less Japanese VA being pushed on the Kickstarter, and more that SRL was straight up dishonest.  They were the partner from hell to work with.  Paying for astroturf Steam reviews can get not just your game blackballed, but the whole publisher too.  It's a total dick move, too, because everybody knows this is true, and yet they did it anyway.

While that was what Sekai cited as the reason they had no choice but to terminate the relationship, I'm highly skeptical it was the only misbehavior SRL got up to.  Because we already know them to be of questionable character, it wouldn't surprise me one bit to hear SRL had been lying to Sekai Project (probably about how much the rewards would cost) and that's a large part of why those rewards were so long in coming.

In that light, the VA would just be another broken promise from SRL: Given what else we know they've done, I can easily believe they lied and significantly low-balled how much it was going to cost.  Then when they actually had to put up or shut up, they had a lot of trouble.  Sure, this would be very foolish and short-sighted, but it's not really any more so than astroturfing Steam.

45 minutes ago, bigfatround0 said:

If you really want to blame someone then blame the companies and talent agencies behind voice actors. It's foolish that you think VAs pocket most of the money that goes into paying for JP voices.

Your completely right of course, I just didn't specifically state that because I don't know who in the business gets the biggest slice of the pie and it is easier just to aim at the face of the company. Kinda like how everyone blames everything wrong with the country on the president, even though there are hundreds of people in government actively fucking things up at varying degrees. 

Doesn't really change anything about my point though, just the nitty gritty details. 

44 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

I can understand "once burned, twice shy", but Hourglass of Lepidoptera had far worse issues....

You asked why I had an emotional backlash against the kickstarter, it was the wording of the project pitch brought up memories of WAS. It's not the reason why I'm avoiding backing this specific visual novel project. Without the small bit about voice acting stapled on this is simply another one of Sekai Projects "storefront" kickstarters, a way for them to sell physical merchandise easily. Which is cool that they are doing that for people interested, I would much rather buy merchandise for something that I know I will be a fan of. With the voice acting pitch..... I just don't really care, if this was an Eroge or a Moege, alright I get it those genres rely allot on the voice acting. In heavily story focused visual novels I find myself skipping through the VA because I read at a decent pace.

2 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

What the fuck is with the weird prominence on the Japanese voice acting? Like is this campaign here to solely fund that aspect of the vn? I'm sorry, but I haven't fallen down that specific fucking weaboo hole. If I'm helping bankroll the development of a visual novel I want extra story content or art assets, voice acting (especially foreign voice acting) is not even on my list of priorities. 

No your not getting a dime outa me, I'll be glad to purchase this visual novel after I see some positive reviews.

Fuck off with your fake outrage bullshit, you're just a shit-stirring hipster who enjoy making up drama out of thin air. This is a japanese VN, of course it would have japanese audio.

aiueoKompany is Japanese dev and their last title "Sound of Drop -fall into poison" didn't have any voice acting, but for their next title "Fatal Twelve" they aim to have voice acting.

4 minutes ago, Nier said:

Fuck off with your fake outrage bullshit, you're just a shit-stirring hipster who enjoy making up drama out of thin air. This is a japanese VN, of course it would have japanese audio.

aiueoKompany is Japanese dev and their last title "Sound of Drop -fall into poison" didn't have any voice acting, but for their next title "Fatal Twelve" they aim to have voice acting.

"Fake outrage" You know just because I'm not instantly drooling over everything shoved in my face doesn't mean I'm just making up my entire opinion on visual novel kickstarters. I admit I tend to be hyperbolic, but I'm not intentionally going out of my way to differ from the majority, I just don't feel the need to completely surrender myself to the hoard mentality. Yes I am a fan of that asshole that gave the new Zelda game a 7/10. 

It doesn't change the fact that they are aiming at Western audiences to help fund that particular aspect of the visual novel, I know that there is a sizable portion of the fan base that is perfectly happy with that.... I'm just not one of them. 

Everything else aside it seems anyone who disagrees with a truefan/fandom is labeled a hipster these days. Different strokes for different folks and all. I try to keep an open mind about things but you don't like what you don't like. I can dig that. And I don't even agree with Soulless Watcher about voice acting. Honestly have had a hard time getting into any VN that isn't voiced. Japanese or otherwise. I'm sure there are exceptions to any rule. But I suppose my biggest complaint with OELVNs are length.

That said I own quite a few (in fact this company's first game) but I haven't gotten around to playing them. Perhaps I'll change my mind.

Seems like a decent game, but I seriously think we're getting way to many vn's, that look-alike, both in terms of overall design and stories.

11 hours ago, Nier said:

any true VN fan should know that already.

:chaika:

3 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Yes I am a fan of that asshole that gave the new Zelda game a 7/10.

But the new Zelda well deserves a 7/10, lol.

"Shishimai Rinka was a high schooler who ran a small café named Lion House in place of her grandmother. She lived her life much like any other person her age, but one day, she was caught up in an explosion while returning home on the train alongside her friend, Hitsuji Naomi. In an attempt to save her friend's life, she shields her on instinct the moment the explosion goes off, losing her life in the process. However, before she knew it, she was back at Lion House, happily chatting with her friends as if nothing had happened in the first place."

>high schooler

>lived her life much like any other person her age

>Runs a cafe in place of her grandmother

Are they actually contradicting themselves in the very first sentence of the synopsis? :makina:

Update #1:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/fatal-twelve-a-thrilling-mystery-vn-with-full-voic/posts/1833870?ref=backer_project_update

You read right, Shipping is FREE until the campaign reach it's funding goal of 35,000 USD, after that you will have to pay for shipping.

As of right now the funding is at 21,380 USD already, so you better hurry up and put a pledge in to get FREE SHIPPING while you still can: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sekaiproject/fatal-twelve-a-thrilling-mystery-vn-with-full-voic

797a84e8dc102a71a417969e017cb178_origina

Edited by Nier

As of now, it was already reach the base goal (35,000) which mean that there will be no more free shipping if you fund it right now. Although it may already reaching the base goal, there's still some uncertainity though looking back at Dies Irae campaign (Troll donatur and all), or maybe I'm just being paranoid here.