Visual Novel genres

The Hems Studio

I prefer stories, that are written in a more down to earth manner at first glance, but tend to be gritty, hiding mysteries that slowly unveil as the story progresses. My favourite genres are typically fantasy-oriented, psychological chuuniges and utsuges, hard sci-fi and hardboiled tales, especially action criminals/detective works, but I do like to read good horror from time to time as well. I really enjoy denpa stories or anything, that's well capable of mixing real with unreal and surreal - events, when "different" worlds or realities collide, causing interesting turns of events.

As for personal preferences - I used to enjoy classic fantasy a lot, but drifted away from it nowadays; I prefer sci-fi/futurism, especially when it discusses human nature and impact our current technology has on our own lives; tales about artificial intelligence, androids and virtual realities.That aside, I'm a huge fan of steampunk/dieselpunk genre and anything that tends to drift from our modern day and age towards older times, especially those that base their settings on the european interwar period. Myl wish is to see more works like that, especially in regards to EVN's.

Edited by Narcosis