Opinions on Protagonists

dfbreezy

Preferred primary trait in a protagonist?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Preferred primary trait in a protagonist?

• Donkan
    • Proactive/Pragmatic
    • Hetare
    • Tsundere
    • Genre Savvy
    • Apathetic
    • Arrogant
    • Hero of Justice
    • Villainous
    • Stoic

This poll is closed to new votes

Well I suppose it depends on the title, I mean what I want out of a protagonist in a nukige is completely different from moege. If I had a gun to my head I would probably pick arrogant/proactive someone who feels like an active player in the events taking place (sometimes even being the sole cause of the event) and not a bystander or a reactionary protagonist. 

If the gun is not involved I just have to say not the fucking god damn damn damn "Hero of Justice" fuckers. 

8 hours ago, dfbreezy said:

As the title says, this poll is for me to see what my fellow Fuwanovelers expect (or prefer) from a Protagonist. The criteria does also apply to female protagonists since their traits, but i'm mostly focused Male protagonists with this poll, preferably BxG to narrow it down. 

Where the hell is the sarcastic tag?

My favourite no doubt is Azai Kyousuke from G-Senjou. I liked a lot his twofaced attitude and the fact that besides being a teenager during day, to be selfish and think of himself first. Not that I like villains, but selfishness is a trait of human kind. 'Cause it's not that he enjoyed hurting others, but that he doesn't care about it as long as he had benefits from it. And also his inteligence to plot, and his lack of innocence. 

Don't read this if you didn't play G-Senjou no Maou

Spoiler

I just loved all G-Senjou bad endings, with him almost raping the heroines just to get back at them.

And if had to choose a 2nd, I'd choose Reiji from Kara no Shoujo. Just because of the fact that he's not a stupid teenager, but an experienced man with knowledge and resources to resolve situations.

Edited by Benji Price

Quite hard to determine there, since there's so much protagonist type and the fact that I would be willing to tolerate if there's some hetare MC. Although maybe I'll chose 2nd option just like majority here, considering I was took a like to Rance there a little bit (Rance was like the pragmatic type MC, up to 11).

Im in the opinion that since we spend most of the time with the protagonist making him uninteresting with bland personalities like 'Good and Nice to everyone' or 'Hetare' would be awful.

That's why im choosing Tsundere since it will actually be interesting to see