Hatsukoi 1/1 Translation

I knew this is very late. But here's the update for this week.

Prologue: 100.0%
Common: 100.0%
Midori: 100.0%
Yukino: 0.0%
Runa: 100.0%
Kyou: 100.0%
Maya: 90.08%
Total: 84.97%

As for the plan, Tsurezure hope that they could release Maya's patch by this weekend (Therefore see what's their project next). They also said that there's possibility that they couldn't deliver the patch next weekend because the editor was quite busy, although of course I hope it'll be this weekend if we talk about Maya's patch release. That's all for the update.

Today we got Maya's patch release which of course it mean that we got Maya's route translated (Duh). Get the patch here if you interested, and here's the progress for this week as usual:

Yukino: 35.0%
Maya: 100.0%
Total: 91.47%

From now on, of course I'll report the progress on Yukino's route translation (Duh). Looking forward to Yukino's patch here ie completed patch.

PS - By the way, their next project is Tsujidou which for now I only knew that it was had same setting as Majikoi. I'll look into it later.

As usual, they bring another update this week. The update goes like:

Yukino: 79.21%
Total: 97.27%

By the way, they hope that they could release Yukino's patch at next week (Therefore completing HatsuKoi translation). Although as for HatsuKoi, they also planned to translate the append story. That's all for this week update.

Edited by littleshogun

The completed patch has been released: https://tsurezurescans.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/hatsukoi-11-progress-update-17-full-patch/

The translator posted about the translation on his blog, it's a pretty interesting article: https://nisekoirantslations.wordpress.com/2017/05/06/the-end-of-hatsukoi-its-really-only-fitting/

To be honest I'm a little hesitent to get the complete patch right away since it sounds like the translator wants to go back and improve it at some point.

Well this is the last update from me here in regard of HatsuKoi, because just as Decay said the complete patch (ie Yukino's patch) was released this morning. Here's the last progress below, and have fun in regard of HatsuKoi.

Yukino: 100.00%
Total: 100.00%

As for the translation, I think it's fine enough to me here although to be honest I didn't care too much about that in the first place though. Neverthless, if some of you in doubt with HatsuKoi translation I'll just suggest that you try it first before decided whether the translation was good or not imo.

You can tell his translation changes as he progressed throughout the game, but it was never wrong originally, just fine tuned how he wanted to handle certain phrases and situations. The main TL did say that he may do a full TLC over the next 2 weeks to clean up any inconsistencies or awkward sounding phrases. Either way amazing fast progress, quality TL, and a really good VN. Enjoy it.

• 10 months later...

Seeing that Tsurezure already finished with Tsujidou and about to translating the append disk, I think it'll be easier to just bump my old thread than created another new thread. As for the plan here I'll report the progress for HatsuKoi append like both of the main VN and Tsujidou, although seeing that this is just the add on I think the progress will be quicker compared to Tsujidou.

As for the translation order, they already put the plan with them going to translate Maya's append first, then Kyou's, and finally Yukino's. From what I see they reverse the order for both of Maya and Kyou, although Yukino was still has the same order though (The last part). For the first update in regard of HatsuKoi append, they are going to take the break after finished Tsujidou, and for now it's still uncertain if they gonna have another update at the next week - of course I'll report that if they have that.

That's all for this week.

• 1 month later...

Well, here are some new informations: CLICK

They already translated Kyou and Maya Append Scenarios and you can download it.

...Man they work really fast... 
They were on a break but I didn't expect that they would release the Append Scenarios after 1 1/2 month from their last work... 

However I would be more happy if they would start with HoshiOri now instead of re-reading Hatsukoi 1/1. 
But I am already happy to hear something from tsurezurescans.

I am looking forward to read HoshiOri and I hope they will translate it.

But those guys work very fast and I think they will translate HoshiOri.

Edited by -soraa

Thanks for sharing the news here, and I'm pretty late to notice this lol. In that case I must said congratulation for the release both of Maya's and Kyou's append. Too bad that we still can't estimated the time when we'll get Yukino's though, but hopefully it would be in the near future so that we can see Hoshiori progress quickly.

Edited by littleshogun

• 3 months later...

I'm bored so I decided to randomly browse something, and I did find that Trip himself did have sort of update back at 22nd yesterday at his Twitter. Here's the tweet in question below.

I don't know what qualifying exam that he's just get through, but I'm sure that it would be very hard. Anyway, hopefully with this tweet it mean that the re-TLC of HatsuKoi along with Yukino's append translation will be going smoothly, and after that we could have Hoshiori translation here.

4 hours ago, Veshurik said:

Retranslation? Huh? That translation is bad or how?

From what I read, they basically checking the translation of the two routes (Midori's and Runa's) again because they didn't satisfied with the first translation there. So no, there's no need to retranslate the whole thing here. But it still might take a while though, because Trip himself is probably quite busy.

Edited by littleshogun

Another update from Trip's Twitter below, in which he was finally finished the TLC of Runa's route. With this, all that's left from HatsuKoi is Yukino's append and after all of that was finished it'll be the time for Hoshiori's work, so hopefully his work on Yukino append will be going well.

11 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Another update from Trip's Twitter below, in which he was finally finished the TLC of Runa's route. With this, all that's left from HatsuKoi is Yukino's append and after all of that was finished it'll be the time for Hoshiori's work, so hopefully his work on Yukino append will be going well.

The way he is talking lately makes me slightly worried. I think he is getting bored of all of this. Maybe they never finish HoshiOri if he keeps getting bored of TLing.

4 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

The way he is talking lately makes me slightly worried. I think he is getting bored of all of this. Maybe they never finish HoshiOri if he keeps getting bored of TLing.

He's bored because of extra work. Based on my personal experience with translations, doing same thing again is very tedious work. Thats why being TL and TLC is a bad idea. Imagine that after you done with restoration of MiaZora, you will do it again.

I think he will be fine when they start HoshiOri because game is much better and new for them.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

10 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Er... Isn't it the opposite? To feel empty... That's what happens when you finish things you like, no? He likes this VN for some odd reason.

I mean, it could also mean that he is indeed bored, but I don't think there's any indication one way or the other.

6 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

He's bored because of extra work. Based on my personal experience with translations, doing same thing again is very tedious work. Thats why being TL and TLC is a bad idea. Imagine that after you done with restoration of MiaZora, you will do it again.

I think he will be fine when they start HoshiOri because game is much better and new for them.

Ah, yeah. I can see the analogy. I definitely understand the problem of "doing everything all over again" and I can see what you mean. But the reason I said this wasn't only because of Hatsukoi 1/1. I remember him not liking Tsujidou. I hope the same thing doesn't happen with HoshiOri. I know it's a project they wanted to do from the beginning, and I hope that passion they have for it holds them together for at least that one VN they wanted to do all along. Also, I am afraid of HoshiOri's length. Only few can survive projects on VNs of such length. That's why I am hoping they'll have the will, love, and energy to see it through the end.

38 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Er... Isn't it the opposite? To feel empty... That's what happens when you finish things you like, no? He likes this VN for some odd reason.

I mean, it could also mean that he is indeed bored, but I don't think there's any indication one way or the other.

Err... I never feel empty when I finish things I like XD You may be right, though. I don't know Trip personally, so he may very well be one of those people who feel empty after they finish doing something they like.

I think they'd probably prepared for that, although as of now it's just my wishful thinking though. Of course I hope that Trip'll be determined enough to see this through the end, and after that work on Hoshiori later because the project could be exhausting with the high word count. So let's just wait and see for now.

Edited by littleshogun

• 4 weeks later...

Another update from the translator himself, which admittedly that I was late in posting this. Here's another tweet from Trip below.

That penguin aside, I believe that the time for new HatsuKoi patch here is almost close. After that of course there'll be Hoshiori, and I hope that we'll be able to see the progress of that in the near future.