Hatsukoi 1/1 Translation

Since we still didn't have page for this project, I decided to made the thread in regard of HatsuKoi translation. So what's you're comment about this game and the project here. Personally, I think that HatsuKoi was interesting because it's Tone Work VN even though it's quite rough and the translation was quite fine imo. That's all for now and have fun for discussing this project.

PS - Hopefully this is not wrong section for discussing this.

I see then. By the way, actually I also opt to wait until the full TL here. For now, I'll use this thread to report the progress. And for this week progress it goes like this:

Prologue: 100.0%
Common: 100.0%
Midori: 100.0%
Yukino: 0.0%
Runa: 31.75%
Kyou: 0.0%
Maya: 0.0%
Total: 37.72%

That's all for now here.

PS - By the way, the translation progress for HatsuKoi were going fast indeed (Started at last year ie December 20th) which of course good to me here. Hope the translators could keep the pace, if possible.

21 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

That's fast indeed, maybe too fast in my opinion, I hope the TL is at least readable and mostly correct, from a fan-TL I am not expecting anything of super-quality but still, readibility would be something I'd prefer to if it's possible xD

that is because of him translating up to 8h each day, which still doesn´t rule out a possible non-readability of its, but asuming his editing counterpart is at it with determination similar to his, then things should probably work out, maybee.
more concerned about what lies beyond, and how, means what are their minds going to look like after being thoroughly worked to the bones.

Edited by XReaper

13 minutes ago, XReaper said:

that is because of him translating up to 8h each day, which still doesn´t rule out a possible non-readability of its, but asuming his editing counterpart is at it with determination equal to his, than things should probably work out, maybee.

I didn't know that ... A dedicated fellow then, I see ... Well, one man cannot harbor the whole burden on himself, I am hoping editor will also be as motivated as that guy who is translating.

On 3/7/2017 at 2:37 PM, mitchhamilton said:

i thought it was dead. havent heard anything in a long time. not a bad vn but i dont think theres anything really spectacular about it. except the redhead. :wafuu:

This is a different project from the one you're thinking of. They even released a partial patch with a route completed: https://tsurezurescans.wordpress.com/

I have read the first hour or so of the prologue patch they released. I posted some very brief thoughts on it in the VNTS comments a few weeks ago, in response to someone wondering about the speed:

It seems to basically be your standard fan translation. Part of the reason why the translation is going so quickly is probably due to sheer diligence, they seem to be working very hard on this. The other part is that they have a fairly literal translation style that favors speed over creativity. Expect to see plenty of “can’t be helped,” “to be expected,” etc, as well as other occasional unnatural phrasing. That said, it’s still probably better than a lot of other projects we track.

After that, they said they would go back and spend a bit of time to polish up what they already did, but I don't know to what extent, or if that polishing has already been done.

All that said, if they round off some of the rough edges, it could be a pretty good fan translation overall.

Another update today here, and once again it's very fast. I'll give more info and my commentary later on the blogpost, but here's today progress from the site:

Yukino (Total Lines – 21229): 0.0%
Runa (Translated Lines – 22706.0): 65.64%
Kyou: 0.0%
Total: 44.98%

By the way, the lines were mean as comparison of how Runa's route was longer compared to Yukino's. That's all for the update now.

Loving the speed they are translating this. Currently in the process of reading Midori's route and so far I've found it to be well done especially when you consider their speed. I get the feeling I'm not too far off from the end of her route though. Looking forward to the rest of the VN. It's one of the few VNs that has me looking forward to the childhood friend route. Not Runa I find her to be pretty annoying I'm talking about Yukino :wub:

Today we had Runa patch was finished, so if one want to play Runa's route, download it from here. Have fun.

As for their next plan, it goes like they'll tackle Kyou's route first, then Maya's and finally Yukino's. So if you were interested with Kyou you may be cheering (Although if you fan of Yukino and Maya you'll be waiting for a while though). Oh, also they already had some progress for Kyou route and it goes like:

Runa: 100.0%
Kyou: 13.53%
Total: 54.41%

With that done, of course I'll report the progress for Kyou's route at each week from now on. That's all for this time progress, and apparently they'll also had another update at Sunday.

PS - About Kyou's route, hope you like pizza just like the translator said because apparently it'll be featuring many pizza.

Edited by littleshogun

Another fast progress which goes like below:

Kyou: 100.0%
Total: 67.66%

It's very obvious that Kyou's route translation was finished, which mean there's only two routes left (Maya's and Yukino's). Quite interested with supposed project that will be announced along with Maya route, but let's focus on this. As for the patch, they'll plan to release it Wednesday at the latest. That's all for the update here.

20 hours ago, Novel21 said:

OK I hope Kyou's patch come out soon:D

I agree with you there, although at this rate might as well expected that there'll be news at this weekend along with the patch (Of course, I would still hoping that it'll be come soon here once again, and I'll add the update here if that's happen). 

They finally had the update here, and they also said that the reason they couldn't deliver it at Wednesday was because of some real life issue. Anyway, first of all the most obvious update would be Kyou's patch which you could get from translator site as usual. Have fun.

For the next update here, while some of you may already saw that, let me to write the progress which goes like:

Kyou: 100.0%
Maya: 20.23%
Total: 71.55%

That's all for the progress here, and obviously from now on I'll report the progress for Maya's route if they had updates here.

PS - If some of you interested of how they did the translation (Like Decay for example), you could visit the translator blogpost here which you could treat that as 'HatsuKoi Translator Corner' (You know, just like Mangagamer one). Oh, and it also confirm that the next project will be announced after Maya's patch release, which mean apparently many people were mistakenly think that the next project will be announced along with Kyou's patch release.

PPS - By the way, the next project wouldn't be either Hoshiori or Gin'iro Haruka for that matter because of the technical difficulty from both of those two VNs. Oh well.

Edited by littleshogun

9 hours ago, Novel21 said:

Finally, it was about time but I understand why they delayed Kyou's patch:D

I'm quite curious about their next project, I hope their next project would be good one:D

I'm sad at they couldn't translate Hoshiro or Gin'Iro Haruka but it can't be hjelpet.

Totally. I'm hoping they pick up Walkure Romanze...been waiting years for a team to TL it. Definitely deserves it too.

By the way, there's earlier blogpost from the translator in regard of his choice to translate HatsuKoi. Here's the blogpost and it's also tell us of how much he want to translated both of Hoshiori and Gin'iro Haruka, but once again the technical difficulty problem limit that. Hope someone from here could help him if possible.

PS - To be honest, I'd just read it and regarding the technical problem I understand that Siglus engine was quite a pain there.

Edited by littleshogun