Tayutama 2 Translation Project

SirHigginsXIX

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Will there be Tayutama 1? How safe is Tayutama 2 without Tayutama 1?

Hello Infernoplex,

quoting Hikari Field`s answer for question regarding Tayutama 1:

"This is the first time we publish game to the western market, the developer Lump of Sugar and we Hikari Field both think new release game in Japan (Tayutama 2) will be a better choice than an earlier one (Tayutama 1). We're willing to publish Tayutama 1 in the near future once the first release's going on well."

Answer to your second question:

Tayutama 2 explains everything in the prologue (what are Tayutai, where they came from, what is "Shinki", etc...) So in my opinion there is not really necessary to know Tayutama 1, however it might be better to know the 1st game. Also there is an anime called Tayutama, so you might try checking it out.

If there is something else, feel free to ask.

Aki

Personally I'd much rather play the first VN over watch the anime since, in almost every case, the source material is much more preferable to the adaptation. That said I'll still buy this VN since I love kitsunes, but I do hope there'll be a good chance of the licensing for the first game.

11 hours ago, bronx819 said:

Personally I'd much rather play the first VN over watch the anime since, in almost every case, the source material is much more preferable to the adaptation. That said I'll still buy this VN since I love kitsunes, but I do hope there'll be a good chance of the licensing for the first game.

Hello bronx819,

Yeah I agree with you but as Hikari Field and LoS said, it's better for them to release fresh game up to the older one. Also as they said, if the sales are going well, they will release Tayutama 1 on the west too and I hope we can coop with them on the 1st game too. For now we will focus on polishing the second game as much as possible.

Thanks for your opinion,

Aki

Can I just say this situation feels rather weird to me? The way you put it, it sounds like you'd be doing this for free. Obviously you do what makes you happiest, but I get rubbed the wrong way when I see these kinds of situations where publishers are using translations for free in order to sell commercial products. It feels like Hikari Field is exploiting you and your team.Ā If it was me, I'd tell them that they can pay for my efforts if they want to use them in a commercial product, no free lunch for them. I also think it could set a troubling trend, where Hikari Field and other low-tier translation companies think they can get away with putting in minimal effort on their part, insteadĀ relying on fans to do the heavy lifting for them.

Though to be 100% frank, if you guys don't have any native english speakers, I'm not sure if you can really fix many of the biggest problems a Japanese to Chinese to English translation done by Chinese people will have. You have to be good at identifying not just grammatical and translation errors, but junk prose as well.

On 6. 5. 2017 at 0:47 PM, Decay said:

Can I just say this situation feels rather weird to me? The way you put it, it sounds like you'd be doing this for free. Obviously you do what makes you happiest, but I get rubbed the wrong way when I see these kinds of situations where publishers are using translations for free in order to sell commercial products. It feels like Hikari Field is exploiting you and your team.Ā If it was me, I'd tell them that they can pay for my efforts if they want to use them in a commercial product, no free lunch for them. I also think it could set a troubling trend, where Hikari Field and other low-tier translation companies think they can get away with putting in minimal effort on their part, insteadĀ relying on fans to do the heavy lifting for them.

Though to be 100% frank, if you guys don't have any native english speakers, I'm not sure if you can really fix many of the biggest problems a Japanese to Chinese to English translation done by Chinese people will have. You have to be good at identifying not just grammatical and translation errors, but junk prose as well.

Hello Decay,

well it's our 1st let's say "Official work", that's the reason we do it "free".

The head of the Tayutama 2 project in Hikari Field told us something about reward, but didn't specify anything, we didn't even require anything, as I said we are doing it just for fun.

Our work is promoting the game and polishing their translation that means we are doing only the little part, most of the job is done by Hikari.

And we do have a Native English speaker (Sir Higgins is from USA, I mentioned this earlier too) so don't worry, we will make the translation as best as possible.

Aki

On 2017-5-6 at 6:47 AM, Decay said:

I did not mention this since it happened only recently, but we were offered compensation in exchange for our services.

Edited by SirHigginsXIX
Typo, I was typing on my phone outdoors.

• 7 months later...