Chrono Clock Discussion!!

Freestyle80

So i was wondering...SPOILER -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On D.D'S route she's ''saved'' from death.Meaning she will live a lot longer,but that only happened because of how her love blossomed for the MC,does that mean that on the other routes she will die a sad death??Without no one even knowing she was sick to begin with?If so,that's just too sad for me to play any other route but hers....

On 4/2/2017 at 10:14 AM, Kraznov said:

So i was wondering...SPOILER -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On D.D'S route she's ''saved'' from death.Meaning she will live a lot longer,but that only happened because of how her love blossomed for the MC,does that mean that on the other routes she will die a sad death??Without no one even knowing she was sick to begin with?If so,that's just too sad for me to play any other route but hers....

i haven't played the other routes yet...

9 hours ago, Kraznov said:

You could use spoiler here you know. Or just type (Spoiler)DD Route comment(/spoiler), and change ( ) to [ ].

Anyway, as for your question here,

I would said best not to think about that although knowing her I think she'll be content by already fulfilling her wish, but of course it could be sad that she died alone. Then again I think DD was already prepared for that, no matter of how painful is it to her.

For last word here, keep in mind that I might be wrong there.

PS - By the way, DD was also my first route there.

Edited by littleshogun

On 4/2/2017 at 10:44 AM, littleshogun said:

You could use spoiler here you know. Or just type (Spoiler)DD Route comment(/spoiler), and change ( ) to [ ].

Anyway, as for your question here,

Reveal hidden contents

I would said best not to think about that although knowing her I think she'll be content by already fulfilling her wish, although it could be sad though that she died alone. Then again I think DD was already prepared for that, no matter of how painful is that to her.

For last word here, keep in mind that I might be wrong there.

PS - By the way, DD was also my first route there.

Oh sorry,i'm new to the forum.Anyway,

Spoiler

It just threw me off you know,at the beggining of the game we're told that there is not going to be anything serious or overdramatic,and then i get hit by the feels right on the first route I clear....Now i'm reeaaaaaaaaaaly hesitating to play the other routes...poor D.D
=((

On 4/2/2017 at 2:50 PM, Kraznov said:

Oh sorry,i'm new to the forum.Anyway,

Reveal hidden contents

It just threw me off you know,at the beggining of the game we're told that there is not going to be anything serious or overdramatic,and then i get hit by the feels right on the first route I clear....Now i'm reeaaaaaaaaaaly hesitating to play the other routes...poor D.D
=((

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I CAN'T =((((

Been busy for weeks but planning to finish this soon

Did Misaki's route, it was kinda boring i am not too into the Tsundere crap lol

And now I am more than halfway through DDs one, its better and makes her a more intersting character for sure, hope it has a good finish

next up saved the best for last, the obsessive sister :P

Finished the initial four routes now, Overall really good :Chocola:

other 2 routes wasnt really special imo but i didnt hate them, just didnt feel 'enough' after Michiru and Makoto, what this game lacks is proper epilogues though tbh, the 'epilogues' they give us are just mostly fluff goes like 2-3 months later and adds nothing to the story

my ranks would be Michiru=Makoto>D.D.>Misaki

Lets see how Cro's one pans out, not really looking forward to Miu since i dont like her character

As for my standout routes- 

First of all Makoto, people say it lacked the slice of life moments but the common route covered a large portion of that actually, was surprising that they had a date in the common route lol and it transitioned really well into her route glad i picked it first.

The drama with the other watch was decent too, Her yandere side was nice to see :makina:. Thought they'd touch a bit more on her family and stuff though so was a bit disappointed to no one new introduced. 

Next ofc is Michiru, whole route i couldnt stop smiling, their interactions were adorable and had fairly decent comedy in it 

really liked the fact that they got to see their future child, one gripe i had was they never showed their parents lol and never showed how the whole incest thing would pan out, i was expecting drama on that part and a bit more explanation on their past, esp we never knew how she got blind or why she is so obsessed with the brother but eh, its fine i guess.

but maybe i get m y answers in Cro's route?  No Idea

Edited by Freestyle80

Alright I have more or less finished it all so all they gave for Miu is a random Epilogue just for fanservice i guess lol, never understood this decision but thankfully rest of the VN is better! Overall This was a solid VN for me, well worth my time :Chocola:

As for Cro's route man that was a bit unexpected

It was nice to see that all the previous routes literally converged together here, i guess this is the perfect VN to explain the 'route' system lol, The comedy was nice, Cro's growth was fun to read and i was surprised how much Makoto was involved there, rest of the cast too had pretty significant involvements only Miu felt out of place imo i have no idea why her route is the last one, bad choice  i never liked her that much and that route is never going to live upto Cro's one.

Too bad there is no haremish scenes in the route(except for a bit initially), was the perfect opportunity lol

Edited by Freestyle80

• 1 month later...

I started this, even though there's ten thousand other things I should be doing, and for my first impressions I'll mention two things.

Generally speaking, I don't much enjoy 'divine' and/or 'goddess' characters, but I must admit Cro left a good first impression.
Secondly, this is probably one of the very few times I actually enjoy the clingy/already clearly affectionate heroine, so excellent job. She is highly atypical, much to my enjoyment.

• 1 month later...

Question! What happen to D.D ending? Can someone pls give me spoiler about her?

Spoiler

She has a "terminal ill" tag in vndb, so i pretty worried about her ending before playing it, is she going to die or not?

Edited by Zenophilious
Tag your spoilers, dude >.<

2 hours ago, KatyushaX said:

Question! What happen to D.D ending? Can someone pls give me spoiler about her?

Reveal hidden contents

She has a "terminal ill" tag in vndb, so i pretty worried about her ending before playing it, is she going to die or not?

About DD, if you enter her route

Spoiler

it was revealed that she had terminal illness for a long time. Long story short, she will life in the end of her route if you ask whether she will die or not.

Hello guys, for those of you who finished and well... for those who didn't but wants spoilers. I made a video recap about Chrono Clock. I also gave subtle opinions on some lines in there. Here's the link: 

If I have to give my personal insight in this Visual Novel on a serious note:

About the characters, I just found them really adorable although I was a bit bothered by DD's speaking habits (or how the translators use Japanese words for English words) but eventually I just accepted it. They are not perfect characters of course. Other than that, there's nothing much to say to them.

As for the routes itself, I was expecting much more to be honest but I guess it was too much for a moege like this. If I have to rank the routes outside of Miu's then I guess it would  be Michiru <- Makoto <- Cro <- DD <- Misaki.

Michiru's route is a good narrative in an emotionally aspect and it really took its time to sort things out. 2nd is Makoto because the premise, which is about a pocket watch having powers, is heavily involved in this route. That's a big plus for me. Cro's route is just what I expected but I felt more emotional impact from Michiru and Makoto's routes. For DD's, it feels like I just read it and to be honest, I didn't feel much about her route although it made me giggle sometimes. As for Misaki, it's alright but in this particular VN, I was expecting the supernatural to atleast occur on each route. but on Misaki's, there's absolutely none (except the Rei's watch ofcourse) and it kinda turned into a common VN route.

This is pretty fun so far. The effective usage of the clock for comedic purposes impressed me and so far, the SDs are really great. 

I beat the prologue and before making my route choice, I will attempt to use my time-travel trope knowledge to throw some predictions out. Let's see how many of them stick and how many fall down:

Spoiler

1. Groundhog day time loop.
2. Child of a character from the future/past.
3. One of more characters accidentally stranding in a different time.
4. Someone else is able to travel through time / has intimate knowledge of the ability to do so.
5. Invader/force/existence from the future tries to rewrite history.
6. Character from another time turns out to be the older/younger version of an established character.
7. The occurrence of a tragic event that can't be changed no matter how many times the time traveler tries. 

6 hours ago, TexasDice said:

This is pretty fun so far. The effective usage of the clock for comedic purposes impressed me and so far, the SDs are really great. 

I beat the prologue and before making my route choice, I will attempt to use my time-travel trope knowledge to throw some predictions out. Let's see how many of them stick and how many fall down:

Hide contents

4. Someone else is able to travel through time / has intimate knowledge of the ability to do so.
6. Character from another time turns out to be the older/younger version of an established character.
7. The occurrence of a tragic event that can't be changed no matter how many times the time traveler tries. 

Want to know your batting average? Hint: you wouldn't be making it in the majors.

13 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Reveal hidden contents

this is more of a light hearted story so dont expect that many conflicts lol

19 hours ago, TexasDice said:

Hide contents

1 out 7. Maybe 2, but not entirely. The time travel mechanics are almost completely dropped during the story.

• 1 month later...

Total necro, I know, but I couldn't find a better thread for this important public service announcement :isla::rize::makina:

There is an untranslated menu in Chrono Clock.  Start up the game, get in game, and hit ESC.  I'm not sure what all the options do, but I can tell you that the bottom one means "Quit game", and the second-from-the-bottom one means "Return to main menu".  "Quit" displays an English confirmation box, but 'Return to title' pops up a Japanese language dialog box with a yes and a no option.  Picking 'yes' will in fact take you back to the menu.

I contacted Sekai's support, since they probably want to fix that (the menu should either be removed, or be in English), but they're pretty swamped, so I'm also posting it here.

Edited by Nandemonai

• 1 month later...
On 17.09.2017 at 12:29 PM, Nandemonai said:

Total necro, I know, but I couldn't find a better thread for this important public service announcement :isla::rize::makina:

There is an untranslated menu in Chrono Clock.  Start up the game, get in game, and hit ESC.  I'm not sure what all the options do, but I can tell you that the bottom one means "Quit game", and the second-from-the-bottom one means "Return to main menu".  "Quit" displays an English confirmation box, but 'Return to title' pops up a Japanese language dialog box with a yes and a no option.  Picking 'yes' will in fact take you back to the menu.

I contacted Sekai's support, since they probably want to fix that (the menu should either be removed, or be in English), but they're pretty swamped, so I'm also posting it here.

This menu just duplicates settings.