Chrono Clock Discussion!!

Freestyle80

I looked there wasnt any thread for it, have anyone started playing this yet? I had some time over the weekend so i finished a route and a half so far

Its not half-bad as a moege, for once the MC is the one from the rich household instead of being piss poor lol, the characters are mostly generic still found them enjoyable esp how aggressive the sister is from the get-go, hope her route is good :Chocola:

I was really confused about one thing though, at the end of the prologue seemed like that Miu girl confessed to our MC instead but he turned her down for some reason? and later it is played out as he got rejected though i dont remember him confessing :michiru:, maybe her locked route explains it

Edited by Freestyle80
title change not a question anymore

I want to make a discussion page for this, but I didn't had time for that. So I'll just make my commentary along with the characters here. But let me comment on your question.

As for Miu's, I'd just trying the game so I wouldn't knew the exact detail here. But I think MC will confess on Miu's end (Note that I'd said end instead of route). Oh, and Michiru was quite brocon by the way.

Spoiler

xgHkIFQ.png

As for Miu, from my understanding, she offhandedly asked Rei if he loved her, to which he replied that "he only helped her out because she was cute/Umbrella in the Rain" (so no) even though he was, just not fully in love with her? I guess. Or that He didn't want to go steady with her half-heartedly.

Makoto's route was nice, I was hoping they would've showed her breaking a pole or something with her fist  and the MC getting flabbergasted though.
I'm going to skip-read through DD's route because I don't like her and finish up Michiru's before completing Misaki. Since I like those two. I'm not big on rewinding towards Miu's route, but I really want to know what Cro's deal is.

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I want to make a discussion page for this, but I didn't had time for that. So I'll just make my commentary along with the characters here. But let me comment on your question.

As for Miu's, I'd just trying the game so I wouldn't knew the exact detail here. But I think MC will confess on Miu's end (Note that I'd said end instead of route). Oh, and Michiru was quite brocon by the way.

well, MC 'rejected' her in the prologue but its made out to be that he got rejected, i dont understand xD 

Michiru goes beyond brocon, she regurlarly refers to him as god, literally does whatever he says and although she acts jealous at times doesnt really make a big fuss out of it if he honestly chooses someone else, hope the route is good, maybe will finish it next weekend

1 hour ago, MFrost said:
  Reveal hidden contents

xgHkIFQ.png

As for Miu, from my understanding, she offhandedly asked Rei if he loved her, to which he replied that "he only helped her out because she was cute/Umbrella in the Rain" (so no) even though he was, just not fully in love with her? I guess. Or that He didn't want to go steady with her half-heartedly.

Makoto's route was nice, I was hoping they would've showed her breaking a pole or something with her fist  and the MC getting flabbergasted though.
I'm going to skip-read through DD's route because I don't like her and finish up Michiru's before completing Misaki. Since I like those two. I'm not big on rewinding towards Miu's route, but I really want to know what Cro's deal is.

Cro has a route herself :Chocola: not to big on lolis but she is interesting, that medieval accent is nice :P 

well...about Miu maybe her route has answer idk, that moment just felt weird to me, duno why the writer decided to make the MC fall for someone in the prologue and make an ambiguous ending like that:amane:

I did Makoto's one first, it was nice but felt that the watch she found was glossed over too much could've done a bit more, I was surprised Makoto got a date in the prologue dont think that ever happens.

Currently doing Misaki's one

I haven't read a VN as good as Chrono Clock in a while. It has left me wondering what to do with my life after I finished it, you know that feeling.:kosame:

Cro is the best. IMO, her route was by far the best, and thanks to the huge feels punch she gave me, this VN got bumped up from a 8/10 to a 9/10 in my book.

Even Dorothy's route, which I though was going to be one of the less likeable routes to do, actually turned out to be one of the best ones. A very great surprise indeed!:wafuu:

17 hours ago, exaccuss said:

Anyone else find reading any scene where DD talks is very annoying? Its just the way they translated it doesnt seem like it matches up to what the JP actress is saying.

Well, she uses Broken Japanese...english? It's not straightforward like usual, so I think what they were going for is if she says something in English, it'd be shown as the Japanese word instead in the text...

She gets a bit better in other's routes outside of the prologue, however I still skip-read over half her route.

Edit:  Michiru's route done...if I was family-minded I probably would've cried, since I'm not, I just wanted to throw a diaper at one of their faces.
Onto the Oppai-Loli!! (also, with that phrasing, I now have no idea what a Loli is...since I always thought they were young girls not developed, but then is Hestia considered a Loli if Misaki is considered an Oppai loli? Where's Inoue Jun when you need him?

Edited by MFrost

Speaking about DD, it's quite interesting approach of translation I guess although I need to reheard what she said though. Oh, apparently she was like Kancolle and she tried to imitate Kongou's voice from what I saw on some Youtube video. Although I kind of feel that she like Karen from Kiniro Mosaic though a little bit from her tone (From England and all, also Kongou seiyuu was also Karen seiyuu (Touyama Nao)).

PS - I knew that DD seiyuu was not Touyama Nao by the way.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, MFrost said:

Well, she uses Broken Japanese...english? It's not straightforward like usual, so I think what they were going for is if she says something in English, it'd be shown as the Japanese word instead in the text...

She gets a bit better in other's routes outside of the prologue, however I still skip-read over half her route.

Edit:  Michiru's route done...if I was family-minded I probably would've cried, since I'm not, I just wanted to throw a diaper at one of their faces.
Onto the Oppai-Loli!! (also, with that phrasing, I now have no idea what a Loli is...since I always thought they were young girls not developed, but then is Hestia considered a Loli if Misaki is considered an Oppai loli? Where's Inoue Jun when you need him?

I get that, but when the translation keeps using actual japanese words for what she is saying instead of using actual english words, it kind of bugs me. Though it doesnt bug me as much as the amount of times she says 'luv'. I get SP wanted to get the whole point that she is british across, but there seriously has to be a limit before it gets really annoying.

3 hours ago, exaccuss said:

I get that, but when the translation keeps using actual japanese words for what she is saying instead of using actual english words, it kind of bugs me. Though it doesnt bug me as much as the amount of times she says 'luv'. I get SP wanted to get the whole point that she is british across, but there seriously has to be a limit before it gets really annoying.

Congratulations you've discovered the point of her character. Her speech is just as bad and cringey in Japanese and I guarantee leaving those words in English would have nowhere near a similar effect. 

I hope Michiru's route is as good or even better than the rest, i like how aggressive she is lol

16 hours ago, Clephas said:

Purple Soft has been pretty reliable over the last five years or so in producing high-level VNs.  Chrono Clock is no exception

nice review agree with most of what u are saying, this is a solid Moege far better than the ones like Koisuru Natsu or Noble Works(last one i read) looking forward to finishing it this weekend ! :D

And I really like that they made the H-scenes optional in the extras instead of randomly shoving it in your face, while its nice occasionally i tend to skip it more often then not anyway, wish more VNs did this

Edited by Freestyle80

3 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

And I really like that they made the H-scenes optional in the extras instead of randomly shoving it in your face, while its nice occasionally i tend to skip it more often then not anyway, wish more VNs did this

I think it could be interesting move indeed (Made H Scenes optional), considering that most people here would be likely just skip H Scenes because they knew that they could view it later at Extra (Me too).

As for my current playthrough, finishing Miu arc (aka Prologue) and going to the common route right now. The comedy was quite good there, or perhaps it was because of the translation which include some interesting word.

Oh, and by the way since I'd read some complain about not having raburabu moment, I would say that H Scenes was had those (Probably).

For my commentary, well technically I was already finished Miu's arc once again only with no ending. So I would hold my commentary for now and for first route, let's see what DD aka Dorothy Davenport route had to offer first.

Really enjoying Chrono Clock so far and wanted to give some general thoughts on the VN and the routes I've finishied - Michiru, Misaki and Makoto's. Like some of the others here, I have also found the translation odd at times. In particular, 'buster' really bothered me whenever they put that in Misaki's lines. DD's speech is indeed very awkward in japanese and I'm not sure if using the japanese words in place of her 'engrish' is the best way to do it as it may be difficult to understand for anyone without a basic understanding of japanese, especially since her engrish is sometimes hard to understand too. Personally, I had no issues but I can see why many have complaints on that end.

Michiru's route was surprisingly not focused that much on the incest aspect as I had thought it would be, but was instead very family-oriented. True to a moege, this route was filled with lots of lighthearted and heartwarming scenes. The lead up to the end was well done too, although not much of a surprise since they continuously dropped hints throughout the route for the 'twist'. One gripe I have was that her blindness seemed more like a convenient plot device to stick to Rei rather than an actual disability for her, and at times it seems the writer kind of forgot about it. There was one point where Michiru quickly hid under the bed covers from embarrassment (she can't even see so why is there a need to avoid Rei, and how would she know exactly where the bed covers are?). She also seems to know exactly what's happening around with her superhuman senses and it’s almost like she's not even blind. But don't get me wrong, aside from that, I still found the route to be highly enjoyable and it ties in nicely with the 'time' theme of the VN.

Misaki's route was very standard with your typical tsundere heroine. Her antics are fun with everyone teasing her all the time and her dere side is cute as well. She got bonus points from me for being hardworking and playing violin since I’m a bit biased to music related stuff. I also liked the extra touch on her character design - treble clef hair pin to show her relationship to music. If you like your tsunderes, then this route will be enjoyable.

Makoto's route was quite different from the other routes. I went in expecting some conflicts with her family’s background but got something entirely different which was a nice surprise (chuuni stuff and battle). The downside (for a moege) is that there’s a bit less of the lovey-dovey slice of life stuff in her route since the focus shifted to the main conflict. I thought it was a nice change of pace and the CGs were really memorable because of that contrast.

I’ll probably be finishing the rest of the VN this week and so far it’s been great, although I kind of wish the routes didn't end at the just the confession/getting together. Looking forward to DD, Cro, and Miu routes.

i started the Tsundere's route next (Misaki) But she annoyed me a lot, she's much better as a gag character lol, esp in Makoto's route their teasing was always hilarious

Halfway through the Blonde's route atm and i totally agree that she's much better in her own route, hope it has a good conclusion 

As for my commentary here, I'll just do it like back at Flyable Heart (Some synopsis and seiyuu info). Let's see what I could comment on DD.

Finishing DD, and it's quite good (I'm not playing her H Scenes). For more detail, DD was turned out to be Rei fiancee who came to Japan in order to met with Rei. Oh, and she quite a gamer there so much that she was famous at local arcade as 'Top scorer maid' or something like that, because DD was always wearing maid outfit when playing at arcade and always got high score.

As for her problem, she was born with some frail body so much that her life was quite limited and she'll always in pain when she move too much (Just like in arcade at very hectic dancing game). Therefore she reject Rei when he confess to DD because she afraid that she'll hurt Rei when she gone. Of course Rei had none of that and decided to perform mock marriage after DD decided to go back to England. The result was DD managed to cry and she confess that she also want to be together with Rei as long as possible. Oh, and quite interesting that Michiru was quite helpful to give Rei some encouragement after her initial jelaousy with DD (Although Michiru 'I want my beloved to be happy' attitude help though).

As for the seiyuu, her name was Momoi Ichigo although since she tried to imitate Kongou, she's just almost sounds like Touyama Nao (Just a feeling). About Momoi Ichigo, I think she had least role in translated VNs compared to other seiyuu here although of course still had some experience though (Duh). Anyway, her role in other VN was Akita Momoko from Aoishiro, Lacrille from Madou Koukaku, and Fujikawa Runa from HatsuKoi.

Edited by littleshogun

Finishing Misaki, and it's quite long compared to DD route earlier. As for the story, I would like to said that it's just like some anime competition as Clephas said (It's violin competition by the way).

For the story, Rei was confess to Misaki and it was turned down to Rei surprise. The reason was because she was trying to win the competition, ergo she want to focus on that first. Of course Rei decided to help her in any way he could, and so does Michiru by made herself as Misaki's rival (After all, there should be more talented rival for main character if one want to make competition arc). By doing so, both of Rei and Misaki was getting closer (Still not couple, but both of them was almost crossed the line several time), and in turn it help Misaki to find out of how to unlock her potential.

Unfortunately, Misaki hand was injured because she was protecting Michiru from an accident and of course Misaki couldn't play the violin optimally at competition. Long story short, Rei decided to help her by enlisting Michiru help to perform duet with Misaki (And put aside their rivaly). In the end, both of Misaki and Michiru was disqualified, and Rei was got the harsh scolding from both of the comitee and his family (Understandable though since he disrupted the competition).

And with the competition done, finally Misaki accept Rei confession.

Okay, I think the route here was more lighthearted compared to DD earlier although there's actually one small dark moment though.

Namely when there's an accident and it was causing both of Michiru and Misaki were dead (Not quite sure, although if Rei want to make sure he probably would be too late to turn back the time).

Also Michiru role here was larger compared back at DD route, being Misaki best friend and all. Oh, and by the way I'd also fould out that the interesting ie hard to understand translation that sm2345 mentioned was mostly from this route.

Now that I finished this, let's see how about I'll try Makoto route next here. That's all for my comment on Misaki route, and feel free to elaborate on my comment.

PS - As for the seiyuu, this time it's Ryouko Ono which safe to said was quite famous in voicing some eroge characters compared to Momoi Ichigo earlier (At least in translated VNs). As for her resume, she was voicing Mochizuki Amane from Konosora, Tsukiyama Sena from Noble Works, Belle from Katahane, Melodiana from Kamidori, Liselle Orson from Madou Koukaku, Kusagawa Sasara from ToHeart 2, and Toriumi Alice from Hapymaher (Which Clephas commented that Misaki was like Alice from the face and the voice).

Edited by littleshogun

I completely finished Chrono Clock and man what an amazing VN.

I personally had a tough time finding best route, but I liked D.D. the best. Her story was touching, sad, and the ending was really beautifully done.

I had the biggest WTF moment at the ending of Cro's route, and I need clarification:

Spoiler

When the train is about to crash, Cro all of a sudden "changes" back to Chronos (the actual goddess). At this point, are they 1 being are separate beings? If separate, where is Cro physically during this time? Is she frozen in time on the train?

The protagonist had it in his head that he was going to save Cro by trading her for himself to Chonos (the goddess). However, while it seemed Chronos agreed to the terms, she "switched modes" and let Cro talk (I guess this is a bit like multiple personality disorder?). At this point is is revealed that instead, Cro somehow decided to die instead of letting Chronos take the protagonist with her. This is where I REALLY got confused. Why the sudden change of events? Why did the goddess pretend to accept his terms when she apparently already made an agreement with Cro to "kill" her instead? Why did Cro really disappear? Did she die? Can a goddess die? This situation completely ruined her route for me, I'm hoping someone picked up on some subtle explanations that I missed.

Also once she disappears, he's still "frozen in time" on the train, about to crash. How was his life spared? They never showed what happened after that. He was supposed to die because the monorail derailed, after all.

And lastly but most disappointing of all, Cro actually just randomly appears in human form again post-credits. Sure, great happy ending, but was lazily done. The protagonist even admits questions he has but glosses over them like "meh, the answers don't matter, Cro is here now". I'd ask how she came back, but I think the writers made it clear that they will not answer those questions. Also there was no sense of elapsed time between when Cro "died" and when she "reincarnated" (i.e. appeared again post-credits).

Either horrible story telling in Cro's route or I missed some fundamental information.

Hi everyone, rookie VN reader/player here. I've been playing Chrono Clock for a few days now and I've been really enjoying it so far! 

I do have one question, how do I access the CG images? I have the Steam version if that makes a difference and it is updated for the latest patch. On the title screen, there are only options for Start, Load, System and Exit. Right-clicking brings up options in Japanese, but I can't read them. I have a feeling it is somewhere in here.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but any help is appreciated!

2 hours ago, Infra90 said:

Hi everyone, rookie VN reader/player here. I've been playing Chrono Clock for a few days now and I've been really enjoying it so far! 

I do have one question, how do I access the CG images? I have the Steam version if that makes a difference and it is updated for the latest patch. On the title screen, there are only options for Start, Load, System and Exit. Right-clicking brings up options in Japanese, but I can't read them. I have a feeling it is somewhere in here.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to ask, but any help is appreciated!

I'm playing the 18+ version bought outside of steam, and it has "MEMORIES". It has had this without beating the game too, you can use it at any time:

dtApHPK.jpg

2 hours ago, Infra90 said:

To be more precise here, at least you need to finish one route in order to unlock 'Memories' which contain unlocked CG. As for Steam version, I won't be sure here but I guess the most obvious difference that there's no H Scenes menu in Steam version (Duh).