Psychological VNs similar to Evangelion

granit

4 hours ago, granit said:

So after re-watching the End of Evangelion movie, I was wondering if there are some good psychological/mindfucky VNs that have a similar feeling or style. (It doesn't matter if it's translated or not.)

Great, because the first two that come to my mind aren't translated. If you are looking for a great mindfucky story, then I think Sayonara wo Oshiete is the go-to VN to read. I even have a spoiler-free blog post here talking about the VN. After you have read that, I would recommend Subarashiki Hibi. This VN also has really good Mind-fuckery, but is a bit slow to get started and drags on in certain parts. But in general, it is a great VN.

There is actually one other really good mind-fucking VN, but you have to wait until the last chapter to really get to that part. The whole VN is really interesting and nice to read so don't worry. I am talking about Symphonic Rain. Specifically the AL Fine portion. Another pro about Symphonic Rain is that unlike the other two titles I mentioned earlier, this one is translated.  

999 and VLR will be released shortly on Steam in a single package called "The Nonary games". I'm always surprised that Uchikoshi doesn't get here on Fuwa the credit he deserves, only a handful of people have played his games. Still, not your typical novels.

I feel the closest to Zero Escape (slightly to Evangelion) is the manga 20th Century Boys. Sans time travel (or did it have it?), but with psychic powers.

Evangelion is a one of a kind work. It has a very unique feel, because it's a very unique mix of things, all done with quality and seriousness. Sadly when I played Girlfriend of Steel, it focused on the goofy aspects of the show (Shinji finally gets a girlfriend, etc...).

Also a dark novel is Euphoria, but if has lots of torture and shocking H scenes.

The modern-day Evangelion could very well be Puella Magi Madoka Magica (you probably have checked that). It starts slower than Evangelion but the twists hit hard. It's epicness.

Uchikoshi, Urasawa and Urobuchi (the U-team) are all very good creators.

Laye to the party here, but perhaps you could try I/O there. Or maybe you could try Pygmalion there (Had some elements which remind me of ie almost aimilar with Madoka). Oh, Higurashi and Umineko as well there (You could use graphic patch if you dislike old graphic from both of those VNs). Hope it'll be help, and have fun.

On 2017. 03. 02. at 0:35 PM, Okarin said:

999 and VLR will be released shortly on Steam in a single package called "The Nonary games". I'm always surprised that Uchikoshi doesn't get here on Fuwa the credit he deserves, only a handful of people have played his games. Still, not your typical novels.

I feel the closest to Zero Escape (slightly to Evangelion) is the manga 20th Century Boys. Sans time travel (or did it have it?), but with psychic powers.

Evangelion is a one of a kind work. It has a very unique feel, because it's a very unique mix of things, all done with quality and seriousness. Sadly when I played Girlfriend of Steel, it focused on the goofy aspects of the show (Shinji finally gets a girlfriend, etc...).

Also a dark novel is Euphoria, but if has lots of torture and shocking H scenes.

The modern-day Evangelion could very well be Puella Magi Madoka Magica (you probably have checked that). It starts slower than Evangelion but the twists hit hard. It's epicness.

Uchikoshi, Urasawa and Urobuchi (the U-team) are all very good creators.

Thank you! I've already read Euphoria and seen Madoca, but I will check out the others you mentioned.

On 2017. 03. 02. at 4:29 PM, littleshogun said:

Laye to the party here, but perhaps you could try I/O there. Or maybe you could try Pygmalion there (Had some elements which remind me of ie almost aimilar with Madoka). Oh, Higurashi and Umineko as well there (You could use graphic patch if you dislike old graphic from both of those VNs). Hope it'll be help, and have fun.

Thanks! I/O looks interesting.

Btw, is Higurashi worth reading after I watched the anime? 

U can try Euphoria( it is an ergo) but the story is mindfking.

Another one is Kara no Shojo. It's the best thing I have read so far.

Plus there is Devil on G-String.

The one's which I haven't read (but fits ur description) r -

Remember 11

Fate Stay Night

Danganronpa(read a little)

Phenomenon