Help With Rance VI

Jamessunderland663

So I recently started playing Rance VI and am loving it. I have a few questions though and I can't find any walkthroughs to help me. My questions are just:

• When should I  give presents, early or late-game, and is there a way to get more besides through coupons?
  • What FR Bonuses should I get for Rance and Sill?
  • I have an event named "Had sex at the orphanage, but..." that once completed seems to prevent me from visiting Kimchi afterward. Should I complete the event once I get 20 FR, does it even do anything?

On 2/26/2017 at 6:08 AM, Jamessunderland663 said:

So I recently started playing Rance VI and am loving it. I have a few questions though and I can't find any walkthroughs to help me. My questions are just:

• When should I  give presents, early or late-game, and is there a way to get more besides through coupons?
  • What FR Bonuses should I get for Rance and Sill?
  • I have an event named "Had sex at the orphanage, but..." that once completed seems to prevent me from visiting Kimchi afterward. Should I complete the event once I get 20 FR, does it even do anything?

There is character walkthrough for Rance VI, but if you need my answer I'll try to answer here.

As for present, it's to increase FR. If I may suggest here, for earlier game you should give it to Prima then upgrade her healing skill to made her didn't need to wait for healing someone. As for late game, maybe give it to anyone else who you feel need to have more FR though I'd almost never give any present now though (I'd at late game by the way).

For Rance, update his Rance Attack for inducing stun, some SP upgrade, and Main Character. While for Sill as my experience here I'd upgrade her Snow Laser to reduce charge time, Recovery Rain to increase it's power, and some SP Upgrade. It's depend on you though in the end, but you may follow my experience here.

As for visiting Kimchi, I'd forgot about my experience but I think if you visit her you need some present. But if you had some present, maybe wait until the events at later in the game.

That's all I could think of, and hope it could be help.

Edited by littleshogun

33 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

For Rance, update his Rance Attack for inducing stun, some SP upgrade, and Main Character...

As for visiting Kimchi, I'd forgot about my experience but I think if you visit her you need some present. But if you had some present, maybe wait until the events at later in the game.

Thanks but a little clarification would be helpful (I'm having a little trouble understanding your wording).

Should I ignore the accuracy upgrade for Rance Attack? I've never had it miss so far but IDK its accuracy holds up late game.

As for Kimchi, there is a specific event ( "Had sex at the orphanage, but..." ) that seems to have no benefit and actually prevents me from visiting her again, so I'm wondering if there is even a point to it.

Thank you for your reply though

Edited by Jamessunderland663

On 2/26/2017 at 11:06 AM, Jamessunderland663 said:

Thanks but a little clarification would be helpful (I'm having a little trouble understanding your wording).

Should I ignore the accuracy upgrade for Rance Attack? I've never had it miss so far but IDK its accuracy holds up late game.

As for Kimchi, there is a specific event ( "Had sex at the orphanage, but..." ) that seems to have no benefit and actually prevents me from visiting her again, so I'm wondering if there is even a point to it.

Thank you for your reply though

Well, many people said my English here had some trouble (Sorry about that). But if you need my confirmation, I think you could just ignore accuracy upgrade there. Although if you need to upgrade accuracy, feel free to do so there (But make sure you upgrade to include stun there). In the end, it's up to you there.

As for sex with Kimchi thing, to be honest I'm forgot about that once again. But if you may give you save to me perhaps I could try to check it there (Just my suggestion here). Although I still think there will be another event for her later though.

Edited by littleshogun

I wouldn't recommend touching the accuracy upgrades.  The only one I'd ever think about doing would be Rocky's, and his other upgrades are still better than that.  I think I saw Rance Attack miss all of one time, and I grind quite a bit.

The Alicesoft wiki pages for Rance 6's Rance and Sill have pretty decent recommendations, IMO.  I've been following them.

The "Have sex at the orphanage, but..." event will remove the normal way to increase FR with Kimchi, but eventually a new one will show up.  I won't go into detail, because it would ruin the mini-quest, but another one does show up.  It takes one red and one yellow orb, though.

3 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

The "Have sex at the orphanage, but..." event will remove the normal way to increase FR with Kimchi, but eventually a new one will show up.  I won't go into detail, because it would ruin the mini-quest, but another one does show up.  It takes one red and one yellow orb, though.

Alright, good to know, I'm assuming this means the "Have sex at the orphanage, but..." leads to the new event?

6 hours ago, Jamessunderland663 said:

Alright, good to know, I'm assuming this means the "Have sex at the orphanage, but..." leads to the new event?

I'm not quite sure, but I think it's safe to assume that.  The "Have sex at the orphanage, but..." event leads to some bonding between Rance, Kimchi and the orphanage kids, and I can't imagine that the quest that leads to the new FR event would be likely without that bonding.  Can't say for sure, though.  Only way I'd be able to confirm that would be to either find someone that already tested that, or test it myself, and I didn't keep a save of that point, unfortunately.

I'd recommend doing it.  It gives Kimchi's character depth, and really makes you like the orphanage kids.  It's ultimately the right thing to do, if you care about that sort of thing.