Has anyone tried The Shadows of Pygmalion?

Limerence_

I'm going to start reading it today, with the intent to do a FuwaReview of it. But that'll almost certainly take a while (at least a week, probably more like two); I don't have the ability to read a VN for more than an hour or two at a stretch, so don't know if you want to wait that long for just my opinion :)

I got the title but didn't start reading yet. Since the VN was just released it might take a bit of time until some more detailed opinions and reviews are out.

Until then, if you haven't seen them yet, you might check out two older reviews in the VNDB comment section, Clepha's shorter and more critical one and Craxuan's longer and more fanboyish review.

And I also found another review here and even a German one here. Hope that helps a bit.

28 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks a lot! That really helped. :sachi:

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

The art is a bit unique, but it grew on me after a bit of time in game

Strangely enough, one of the main reasons I got interested in this vn in the first place was because of its art. :michiru: Also. thanks for the advice. 

I've been reading through the demo, and so far my opinion is pretty mixed. I reached the scene were

Spoiler

Sayo was killed

and the OP was shown.

The first ~30 minutes were extremely weak, to the point that the VN seemed like some stupid fanfic made on a decent engine. It started with some weird exposition, which is pretty boring and pointless, because you won't be able to understand anything in it if you know nothing about the premise of the VN (like I did). Then it switched to a slice of life scene with 4 girls. Only 2 of them have sprites, but all are voiced. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like a weird way to introduce the characters. It took me quite some time just to understand which name corresponded to which girl, and this shouldn't have happened if the VN was better written and directed. Then it zoomed in on the face on one of the girls, and drawing of her face was clearly not meant to be seen in such a zoom.

But then suddenly the VN became quite interesting. There's nothing amazing at this point, but the way they used mystery to lead to the main premise of the story was, I believe, done pretty well. I never felt like some scene dragged for two long, and I didn't feel like there were any pointless scenes. The part of the premise revealed at this point also seems quite interesting, though a bit cliche. I don't know, if the chuuni parts in the game are also done on a decent level, I'm definitely buying it.

Edited by Dreamysyu