Want a strong female heroine translated vn after watching RE:Zero and Liking Crusch ...

Strike105X

Edit: After thinking it better what i want is a strong female heroine translated VN Bonus points if she's similar to Crusch from Re:Zero. I've already went through Majikoi and Muv-Luv.

Original Post: I recently watched Re:Zero and i really loved Crusch's character, i don't expect to find an equivalent for her or RE:Zero, but i would like to play a text translated VN (official or not) set in a fantasy/medieval theme...

What i have finished with a Fantasy theme is Kamidori and Koihime Musou.

Edited by Strike105X

Kyonyuu Fantasy would fit the bill, but it's a nukige.  It apparently has a pretty good amount of world building, according to those that have read all of it.

Aselia the Eternal also takes place in a medieval setting, and has gameplay, so you might want to check that out if you're looking for another game/VN hybrid.

...still waiting for Eustia, August...

34 minutes ago, MFrost said:

I'm a fan of Crusch too, actually, she was the only one I liked in the entire series and I pretty much just watched the episodes she was in. I couldn't care for anyone else in that thing. You're probably right that there isn't an equivalent of her in that kind of setting though....so far!

You make it sound like there might be an equivalent of her in another setting, if you know of a char similar to her in a translated VN i'm more then happy to to play it, basically first and foremost i love strong female characters! Well except Muv-Luv or Majikoi i already went through those series :p.

Can you define "strong female character"? I consider the Funbag Fantasy heroines to be generally pretty weak, even when physically strong, because I mostly think of the personality side, strength of will, etc., when I see "strong female character".

Kagome in Comyu isn't a terrible suggestion, but there's really not much focus on her for most of the game. Looking through my list of decent VNs for ones with strong female characters (per my interpretation, and I have no idea if that matches what you're looking for or not):

• Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning (most all of the characters, including the main character Neon, though she has a complicated back and forth between strength and weakness)
  • Kindred Spirits (Yuna; also kind of complicated, though)
  • Fate/Stay Night (Rin, and to a lesser extent Saber; bonus here is that they're both physically strong as well, especially Saber, of course)

Well by strong, i pretty much consider something like Crusch from Re:Zero; Velvet from Tales of Berseria; Momoyo, Margit, Ageha, Benkei, from Majikoi; Meiya, Yuuhi from Muv-Luv; I know not all are from visual novel, but i wanted to give a better description of what i consider strong females.

13 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

I'm not familiar with most of those (of the things you're listing characters from, I've only played the first Majikoi), so a description of the features you appreciate rather than a list of characters might be more helpful.

Its really hard to describe it when your asking like that... I'd guess females with a strong sense of either duty, or a bit of maturity, dunno it feels easier to name characters...

13 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Fault milestone 2 Ritona and  

Reveal hidden contents

selphine alternate personality

Euphoria, nemu

Chusingura 46+1,  Horibe Yasubee

I'll list some villains, also

Higurashi no naku koro ni

Reveal hidden contents

Takano Miyo

Sharin no Kuni , Ari Rurulant Houzuki

So you can do villain routes as well ? That actually sounds quite interesting as well.

20 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Can you define "strong female character"? I consider the Funbag Fantasy heroines to be generally pretty weak, even when physically strong, because I mostly think of the personality side, strength of will, etc., when I see "strong female character".

OP changed the topic from "fantasy/medieval" to "strong heroines", otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned Funbag Fantasy  : P

I'd recommend Fate/stay night if you're looking for a heroine with a strong sense of duty.  That's pretty much Saber's entire being.  Rin, being a tsundere, has a strong personality, but I have no idea if you like tsunderes or not.  Most people seem to either like them or hate them.  I'd also recommend F/sn if you're into fantasy, mythology and history.  I'm into all three, and it was quite an amazing experience.

Your VN characters almost entirely seem to present overbearing personalities or large physical strength. On that count I can definitely recommend Kagome from Comyu or Fate/stay night's Saber/Rin.

For other, more far-fetched, recommendations:

If you're in the market for an otome, you might try The Royal Trap, for a capable main protagonist.

Yuna from Kindred Spirits is neither physically strong nor does she possess an overbearing personality. She is really 'cool', though. Like, one of the few times I'd ever describe anyone as cool.

The heroines in Tsukihime altogether present most of your desired traits, but any one of them on their own might not be quite it. It's also a really hard to describe the VN. It's peculiar, and by the same makers of Fate/stay night.

Finally, if you're looking for a gameplay title, Yumina the Ethereal's heroines all present a strong mental fortitude... at some point. Especially the dumb one. Though at the start you might be more interested in Kirara.

I'll go against Gahkthun's recommendation by claiming that I found the main protagonist, Neon, weak-willed the vast majority of the time. Frankly, the characters in this sort of story have character development such that they may sometimes fit your standards for a while, then not any more, or maybe not at the start but just afterwards. I would not start Gakhthun (or any of the far-fetched ones I recommended) if the heroines are the only things you are looking for in them. There are no routes in Gahkthun.

Also, in a really weird way, Fal from Symphonic Rain. Can't really explain why, but I'd also recommend her.

7 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Also, in a really weird way, Fal from Symphonic Rain. Can't really explain why, but I'd also recommend her.

Ahaha, I almost recommended that game because of Fal as well. But to be honest, Torta's pretty freaking strong, too. And Lise is about as weak as they come...

Now it's change to asking for strong heroine, huh? Know what, I'll try again here. As for my recommendation, I think 11eyes would be good recommendation (Misuzu was quite strong willed and strong in battle as well, although Kukuri was quite strong though as well even though she was mute). For other recommendation, perhaps you could try Seinarukana for Satsuki (Katima as well) or maybe ToHeart 2 for Tamaki (Or Tama-nee as fans called her). Also if you okay with yuri, then you could try Hakuai for Itsuki (Sakuya was quite strong, although maybe Asuka was too weak as MC for you though). Hope those recommendations will be help, and sorry if my VN couldn't fulfill your strong female criteria.