{NSFW} Kuroinu Chapter 1 available for pre-order

Nier

21 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The 3 part release does tick me off a bit, and I'll probably wait for all the parts before I buy it tbh. Even if it is a nukige, having it cut into 3 must impact the experience somewhat. Liquid does make good nukige though, so I'll definitely buy it eventually.

It's fap material, buy it. 

28 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Even if it is a nukige, having it cut into 3 must impact the experience somewhat. 

It probably won't. I have played it and the story is pretty much just choosing who you want to see getting it. And you can't even focus on only one girl.

12 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

It is one of the greatest hentai ever. 

That's actually one of the few good nukige to be officially localized in english, the other good one is Funbag Fantasy (also by MangaGamer).

12 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Okay, not interested here. But maybe there will be some interesting story though since we got euphoria writer here though (Probably). That's all that I could comment for now.

It has a deep and sophisticated plot.

Edited by Nier

Don't support this as this would be just the beginning. Similar to how censorship is a slippery slope so are marketing ploys. If you want to see this continue to other games and companies then go ahead. I for one would prefer paying for a full game rather than having to pay more money to buy it in pieces. Not sure what overcame Mangagamer but this is an awful way to sell the game; figures good things come to an end. What's next Hapymaher or Rance sold by route or country, or type of character (yes I'm being facetious)? Be weary of this infecting other games. That said I have no interest in this game anyway.

Counterarguments can definitely be made (selling it in pieces gets us content quicker with a less wait time...except the game is supposedly finished being translated already, selling it in pieces makes it more expensive, they can however see if an interest exists, etc...

3 hours ago, Nier said:

It has a deep and sophisticated plot.

I see then, although I'm still not quite interested with this though. But if anyone interested with this, look forward to the eventual release of all three parts then.

1 hour ago, kyrt said:

Don't support this as this would be just the beginning. Similar to how censorship is a slippery slope so are marketing ploys. If you want to see this continue to other games and companies then go ahead. I for one would prefer paying for a full game rather than having to pay more money to buy it in pieces. Not sure what overcame Mangagamer but this is an awful way to sell the game; figures good things come to an end. What's next Hapymaher or Rance sold by route or country, or type of character (yes I'm being facetious)? Be weary of this infecting other games. That said I have no interest in this game anyway.

I think it's just a matter of the deal time. At the time of the announce, Mangagamer probably already finished the deal with the Liquid in regard of Kuroinu to released the chapters separately. And the complete version of Kuroinu was finished by the time Mangagamer announced the translation of Kuroinu. While arguably there's already complete version earlier there, I think Mangagamer want to bring the version which had the most improvement there and the release was happened to released separately. As for not released in full version (I mean all 3 chapters into one game, and improved version at that), it'll be mean that Mangagamer need to make a deal again and therefore it'll be delayed there. Keep in mind it's just my speculation though, so I may be wrong here.

12 hours ago, kyrt said:

If you want to see this continue to other games and companies then go ahead. I for one would prefer paying for a full game rather than having to pay more money to buy it in pieces. Not sure what overcame Mangagamer but this is an awful way to sell the game;

I'm pretty sure we know exactly why MangaGamer did this.  That's the way it was released in Japan: https://vndb.org/v3706

I don't know what the deal is with the 2010 release, whether that's the full game or not.  But the most recent releases appear to be exactly what MangaGamer is releasing now.  A set of 3 games.  Yes, there's a combined release.  But that was released a few weeks after MangaGamer announced Kuroinu.

Besides, they're pricing each individual chapter pretty cheap.

If the game was actually sold this way originally in Japan it does now have a full version and that's the one we should have received if for no other reason that people thinking poorly about the game being split into volumes on a misunderstanding/principle. I am not sure even now if we are only getting a piece of the first chapter or whether what we're receiving is the entire first chapter. It's quite confusing and difficult to determine.

4 hours ago, kyrt said:

If the game was actually sold this way originally in Japan it does now have a full version and that's the one we should have received if for no other reason that people thinking poorly about the game being split into volumes on a misunderstanding/principle. I am not sure even now if we are only getting a piece of the first chapter or whether what we're receiving is the entire first chapter. It's quite confusing and difficult to determine.

MangaGamer has subtitled chapter one "The Dark Elf Queen, Loyal Subject, and Married Holy Knight", as can be seen here.  The Japanese title of the Japanese chapter one is Kuroinu ~Dark Elf no Joou ・ Reijuu Kishi ・ Hitozuma Seikishi~, which roughly translates to "Kuroinu ~The Dark Elf Queen, the Slave Knight, and the Married Holy Knight".

They seem to have gone a bit liberal with "Slave Knight" -> "Loyal Subject", but that sure sounds to me like MangaGamer's chapter 1 is the same as the Japanese chapter 1.

Kuroinu is a SINGLE FULL GAME, proof here:

Original FULL GAME release from 2010: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0035JJJCI/

2015 FULL GAME re-release: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00XTP72RC/

There are other websites on the internet beside vndb you know?

amazon.co.jp is still selling the PHYSICAL FULL GAME 2015 re-release for 5389 JPY (about 48 USD), MangaGamer on the other hand wants to sell you 1 DIGITAL game cut up into 3 parts for a combined total of 75 USD.

Edited by Nier

5 hours ago, Nier said:

Kuroinu is a SINGLE FULL GAME

And?  It's also 3 games.  It comes in both forms.

5 hours ago, Nier said:

MangaGamer on the other hand wants to sell you 1 DIGITAL game cut up into 3 parts for a combined total of 75 USD.

No, they're selling you 3 digital games, that were already made by Liquid when Liquid themselves decided to cut up Kuroinu into 3 parts.  They don't appear to be doing anything to those 3 games other than translating them into English.

Why MangaGamer decided to license the 3-release version, I don't know.  They're skittish about large releases, so it might have been that they took the opportunity to hedge their bets.  After all, parts 2 and 3 could easily be cancelled if part 1 bombs horribly.  (Although that's not too likely since part 2 is already 40% translated, it could still happen.)  Or maybe Liquid themselves said "no, we want you to sell the game in 3 pieces" and made them take either the 3 parts, or nothing.  We don't know.  They aren't likely to tell us.

But if you want more brutish fare like Kuroinu (which, I'll be honest, I'd rather pull my own teeth), then ... you have to decide how pissed off you really are.  Because MangaGamer hasn't really released a lot of things in that vein recently.  Euphoria did well for them, so they've licensed Maggot Baits.  That's two games in - well, in a while.  If Kuroinu bombs because people feel like they're being overcharged, well, that will tell them "stop doing that".  So they won't be releasing more games like it.

Also, keep in mind that Kuroinu was announced at a con in 2015, and the first part is just now being released, coming up on con season 2 years later.  A year and a half to translate a third of the game means the full version would likely take as long as Da Capo 3 did.

On ‎2017‎年‎2‎月‎26‎日 at 1:37 AM, WinterfuryZX said:

I'm a bit interested in this game since some Euphoria authors worked on it, I actualy tried tbe anime but unfortunately is pure dogshit.

Don't be; the anime is a fairly accurate representation of the game.

It has little to no story, the 'characters' are actually just caricatures, and only the art and voice acting redeem the product at all.  Choosing a different Liquid game, or sticking with Clockup, or trying Cyc, would have been better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case someone here looking for more info about this (Or maybe not because they already knew this from OVA), there's some blogpost at Mangagamer below. Once again I'm not quite interested to this, although I admit that the setting was quite take my interest though.

Kuroinu Editor Corner Prelude

Kuroinu Editor Corner Volume 1

Enjoy the blogpost then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've "played" this title, and having the anime being one of my most fappable hentai of all time (or at least the first episode...), I have to say that the VN counterpart is rather tame in eroticism compared to the anime, probably because of a lack of animation. Not a lot of nukige (if any) can be like School Days with its cinematic cutscenes, after all, but I digress.

The split content does bug me a little, but my favorite part of the anime, like I said, was the first episode, so I probably won't miss much. The story (story in a nukige lol) is decent, I guess, but what bothers me most is the choice of font MangaGamer used. As always, like the Taimanin Asagi games, they use that really crappy font, which tells me that either they don't have the technology to incorporate a better looking font, or they just don't give a f and this is merely another cheap hentai cash-in. Not surprising, since it's hentai, but still, I'm paying something here for the game, so I would expect some level of effort and giving a f.

6/10

• 5 months later...