The Grand Ball [Victorian/Romance][BxG]

THE GRAND BALL

PLAY ON

Logo Steam blackBG

The year is 1882 and Queen Victoria has sat on the British throne for 45 years. The British Empire is at the height of its power and over a quarter of the world’s population lives under her reign. Sadly House Blakely, one of Britain’s oldest noble families, does not share in the Empire’s good fortunes and has seen a strong decline in its riches over the past few years.

Edgar Blakely, the eldest son and heir apparent to the Viscount Blakely, has just received an invitation to one of the most lavish and opulent events in all of England; Lady Amelia Camberwell’s Grand Ball. Edgar’s father, the Viscount Blakely, has informed Edgar that their estate is nearly bankrupt and that Edgar is to see this gala as an opportunity to secure himself a wealthy bride to save House Blakely.

Can Edgar restore his family’s position in Britain?

Will he find true love?

The only way to find out is to attend “The Grand Ball”…

“The Grand Ball” is a Visual Novel like none other that will whisk you away on your most indulgent Victorian dreams. Choose your own adventure and see which of the eight endings you end up with!

Edited by Last Lotus Visual Novels
fixed link

I must admit, the usage of Deutschlandlied in the background was peculiar, although it hadn't really gained much in the way officiality by 1882 so I can totally let you off.

Looks very nice, you've got some skilled artists. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, hope things go ahead!

>Guy marries into a girl's family to save his own

You can't be more pathetic that that. Great Britain at it's finest :sachi:

Jokes aside, I'm not sure how the story and nuances behind history-based victorian nobility will work out here; hopefully you did your homework, because I can already sense a couple of issues arising, just by looking at the trailer. That aside, gorgeous character art. It's not extremely polished (rather simplistic), but gives off a very nice vibe to it. I presume this one won't be particulary lengthy, judging from the fact it's based on a single event. Eitherway, I'll be sure to keep an eye on it. Looks interesting and that willingness to chose our western settings as a base for the story is worthy of a praise in itself.

• 2 months later...