Hitting a stump

ninja_leetful

Hello fuwa, I don't post much anymore on here, ever since I've been able to find my own novels to read and do my own thing.

I've read many visual novels now, and have become quite well read, but I've hit a point where I don't know what else to read, and would like some suggestions.  here is my list - https://vndb.org/u87991/votes  

It covers most of the VN's I've read, some aren't on there though.  One of my favorites was hoshizora no memoria, and I'd like a VN similar to it, if possible.  my other tops were grisaia no kajitsu, and g-senjou.  VN's similar to those would be nice, I really like the high high quality stuff like them, also VNs that are casual but still good, like dracu riot, are welcome.

hmmmm

You've read a lot, but there are still some gems you still have to find.

First of all, have you tried the 50 VNs to read before you die? This is a classic on Fuwanovel, as it has 50 of the most well conceited games for those who are into the genre. The list is kind of dated, but there are many you don't have in your list.

From this list alone, I would pick Katahane (Yuri, romance, great story), Symphonic Rain (Romance, drama, great music, art, scenario), the What a beautiful series, with games such as Sekien no Inganock, Shikkoku no Sharnoth and the most recent released on the west, Gahktun [forgot the full name].

For mistery and muder, you have Kara no Shoujo and its sequel, Kara no Shoujo 2. Don't forget Cartagra, which is the Prequel of KnS (but the stories aren't related).

Still on the mistery, sci fi, and the best of almost any genre, you have the Infinite Series, which consists of Ever17 (people consider it the best), Never7 and Remember11 (which is incomplete, in a way, but still enjoyful)

I really recommend you to go deep into Key games, such as Rewrite, Clannad and Air. But, if you want something small, since Key usually is 30 hours  or more long, you can check Planetarian and the most recent Harmonia.

Eden* is also nice, Steins;Gate is a must to everybody, but I'm still reading the recent sequel, so we can talk about it later.

My personal favorite of the list, the last but not least, the biggest of it all, Umineko no Naku Koro Ni <3 I will avoid spoilers here, but it is the best mystery-romance-murderous VN you can find over here. The anime adaptation was bad, so you should not consider it, and even though it has some references, you can skip Higurashi (not recommended to do that, as Higurashi is great, but Umineko is way better).

I really hope I could give you a bump here. I've read all of these myself (the first was Umineko, even!) and I think you still have a lot to go deeper into in this genre. I focused on this list but if you want, I can recommend other games (as well as other users might), but you probably have a good start here :D

Edited by Silvz
Ps: You can access VNDB from the list, so I didn't link them

Hmmm.... maybe 11eyes, Ayakashibito, and Tokyo Babel if you okay with some action. Or perhaps you want to try Aselia, Seinarukana, and Yumina if you're in mood for some gameplay (Don't forget Kamidori). There's also some good yuri if you interested with that (Hakuai and Yurirei). Otherwise, try Koichoco and Yoake if you want more standard slice of life. Hope it'll be help.