Tokyo Babel V-Sync

WinterfuryZX

Are you running it in windowed mode? If so, there should automatically be V-Sync as I'm pretty sure Windows forces it for any non-fullscreen applications.

If you're still getting tearing, make sure your monitor refresh rate is set to 60; who knows what kind of problems a 'non-standard' refresh rate could cause.

Finally, if you really want to play it but can't fix the issue, it might be worth trying to install a virtual machine and running the VN on that. Maybe it's your computer configuration causing the problem somehow, in which case virtualizing everything may be able to fix it.

Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

3 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

It works, it causes some minor glitches but that's way batter than having to deal with constant teaering, thanks.

edit: This part is unplayable:

Reveal hidden contents

7f6bGdk.jpg

This version should fix the effects rendering in that scene. Download here.

Also added support for Shadows of Pygmalion, which uses the same engine with the same screen tearing issues.

6 hours ago, binaryfail said:

Also added support for Shadows of Pygmalion, which uses the same engine with the same screen tearing issues.

Sweet, I am totally giving this a try. The tearing in Shadows of Pygmalion has been driving me nuts since I started it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2017 at 2:04 PM, binaryfail said:

Circling back around after playing most of Pygmalion with this fix, and while it does indeed fix the screen tearing perfectly, there are unfortunately several pretty serious issues:

• Results in a complete black screen during certain visual effects (notably the sepia tone one), and a partial black screen (UI overlay + text box is visible, sprites + background are black) during other visual effects. Can't remember which caused which, but one of the problematic effects was a sepia tone, which was used a few times, and the other was one with cherry blossoms fluttering by.
  • Results in a crash during episode 6, I believe it was, during the scene where:
Spoiler

Yang lands on the school roof with a helicopter, they yell "Geronimo!", and they charge into the school to mow down puppets.

Happens right after the "Geronimo!", IIRC - there's a horizontal sliding blacking-out visual effect over the background, and the game bit it there.

I really appreciate that you put in all the work on this, and it was honestly lovely reading the game without the screen tearing, but I'd probably recommend against people using it right now, between the above issues.