Frontwing will localize Subahibi this year

littleshogun

I'm also reading It's my own invention, but I think I took a side route instead, though I'm not sure.

One thing that is bugging me is that all male characters except the protagonist are unvoiced. Is that intentional? I mean, there could be a reason for it in the story, and since Takuji's voice actor is a woman, there may be a reason behind the unvoicing.

13 minutes ago, Silvz said:

I'm also reading It's my own invention, but I think I took a side route instead, though I'm not sure.

One thing that is bugging me is that all male characters except the protagonist are unvoiced. Is that intentional? I mean, there could be a reason for it in the story, and since Takuji's voice actor is a woman, there may be a reason behind the unvoicing.

Some VN are just like that. I guess the idea is that the player mainly cares about the female characters, and keeping the cast small saves money.

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

22 hours ago, Silvz said:

Well, in this kind of VN everything can be a plot point, you know. Though, yeah, I've seen at least one other VN which also left its male characters unvoiced.

21 hours ago, Tamaki Sakura said:

Some VN are just like that. I guess the idea is that the player mainly cares about the female characters, and keeping the cast small saves money.

By the way, do you know how often this happens?

On 13/10/2017 at 9:30 PM, Tamaki Sakura said:

Yes, this is the main reason for most of the games. However, I know at least one where the lack of some voices are part of the main plot twist. Since this game is so heavy on its narrative and foreshadowing, there could be a similar reason to that.

On 10/14/2017 at 9:16 AM, Silvz said:

One thing that is bugging me is that all male characters except the protagonist are unvoiced. Is that intentional? 

It kind of is intentional actually. Well, Tomosane not being voiced is arguably intentional. As for the other dudes, I think it was mostly to be cheap.  

• 4 weeks later...