Let's see how far I can make it. (Saya No Uta)

xGreyHound

I originally thought when playing this game, "Hey this will be no problem". Now I am not so sure, I enjoy a dark and twisted story but MY GOD, this is gonna be fucked up. 

Anyone that has played this game, has it spawned nightmares?]

Edit: When I say fucked up I mean the stuff other than the gore. 

Spoiler

ncXb8yQ.png

Edited by xGreyHound

I never understood what's so gruesome about Saya no Uta tbh. 

It's a dark tragedy, but there was never any scene in it that made me look away and/or wince, so I never understood this stigma surrounding the game (like when people say the game is super gorey I always wonder if they even play other games). 

1 hour ago, Nosebleed said:

It's a dark tragedy, but there was never any scene in it that made me look away and/or wince, so I never understood this stigma surrounding the game (like when people say the game is super gorey I always wonder if they even play other games). 

^This pretty much. There were no jump-scares or any cheap tricks used to get a rise out of you. And the gore isn't that bad, and eventually just becomes part of the atmosphere. I managed to read Saya no Uta without any problems, and I'm the guy who avoids horror movies like the plague after getting nightmares for half a year after watching Ju-on: The Grudge.  

saya was my first vn , and i found it pretty easy to read tbh. i wasn't bothered by anything ,it was spooky , but in a nice way :)

i still have really good memories linked to this game , for instance this one :

there is one moment in the game where you have something like a jumpscare. i played the beginning of the story   twice , and the second time was with my girlfriend ... when we reached the 'jumpscare' moment , i shouted , and she was so surprised that she fell from my bed... after that we laughed so hard that it was hard to go back into the game's mood x)

7 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

I never understood what's so gruesome about Saya no Uta tbh. 

Saya is preety old by now, standards change. Back then it was considered disturbing, but it's nothing compared with some of the new titles. Visuals might be frightening at first, but there's nothing really gruesome about them; I always felt the writing was a lot more compelling and suggestive than the art ever was.

8 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

I enjoy a dark and twisted story but MY GOD, this is gonna be fucked up.

You haven't even played it yet, you silly :sachi: 100% staple response from someone who read about Saya no Uta on the net, but never actually touched it.

14 hours ago, Okarin said:

I haven't played Saya no Uta, but is this some kind of test of courage? Why test your mettle with it if you don't really like it? There are dozens of other VNs you can potentially like. At least my backlog is pretty long.

Game is sick as hell in a good way. It is very enjoyable.

10 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Saya is preety old by now, standards change. Back then it was considered disturbing, but it's nothing compared with some of the new titles. Visuals might be frightening at first, but there's nothing really gruesome about them; I always felt the writing was a lot more compelling and suggestive than the art ever was.

You haven't even played it yet, you silly :sachi: 100% staple response from someone who read about Saya no Uta on the net, but never actually touched it.

I am about 45 minutes in it is pretty good