Synergia [Cyberpunk] [Yuri]

Radi

XDrphb6.png

Synopsis

Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.

Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila's toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner's old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique if sometimes uneasy bond.

Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara's existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android. 

A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android's fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.

>>STEAM DEMO<<

>>ITCH.IO DEMO<<

VJYbgpT.png

8ojWbWX.png

pjSBIRs.png

90hoLNf.png

jrKcy3a.png

GscFzMB.png

jediy9k.png

yLhvtdr.png

zGKjq0C.png

noGJLiE.png

P2BxKJf.png

oqfAm6I.png

The game is now on Steam Greenlight:

GREENLIGHT

Ue6uQ8f.png

Writing: Completed

Translation (English): Completed

Sprites: Being worked on

Music: Being worked on

GUI: Completed

BGs+BGs: Being worked on

6YAMyhm.png

1.What do you think about the story/setting so far?

2.What is your favorite character at the moment?

3. The game will not contain lewd scenes. Is that a problem for you?

4.Any comments or questions?

Edited by Radi

I really want to read this. This is the first time that I have actually been excited by a western VN in years (the last one was Dysfunctional Systems by Dischan). I really like unique art styles. Most VNs stick to the generic anime look, but seeing this art work gets me really excited.

I also like the choice to stay away from erotic content. There are a lot of VNs out there that have interesting stories, but throw in erotic content when there is little to any reason to included those scenes. Not including erotic content is a decision I full approve of.

As for the story, with the little information you provided it definitely sounds interesting. I like the concept, but I can't say much more than that. Regarding characters, I really like Yoko's design and from the description she seems like an interesting character. All in all, I can't wait for the English translation. 

55k word-count, so isn't that like a 2 hours length?

But still, it looks really good, have you thought about having a Kickstarter for this? If it is successful, it might help to expend the scope and length of the game by a few more hours at least.

Edited by Nier

6 hours ago, Zalor said:

I really want to read this. This is the first time that I have actually been excited by a western VN in years (the last one was Dysfunctional Systems by Dischan). I really like unique art styles. Most VNs stick to the generic anime look, but seeing this art work gets me really excited.

I also like the choice to stay away from erotic content. There are a lot of VNs out there that have interesting stories, but throw in erotic content when there is little to any reason to included those scenes. Not including erotic content is a decision I full approve of.

As for the story, with the little information you provided it definitely sounds interesting. I like the concept, but I can't say much more than that. Regarding characters, I really like Yoko's design and from the description she seems like an interesting character. All in all, I can't wait for the English translation. 

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it. I'll try to drop some more info about the story ASAP. Also I'm thinking about doing another trailer focusing on the characters. 

20 minutes ago, Nier said:

55k word-count, so isn't that like a 2 hours length?

But still, it looks really good, have you thought about having a Kickstarter for this? If it is successful, it might help to expend the scope and length of the game by a few more hours at least.

Hmmm, it would be 2 hours lenght if it was a book. Being a VN, it will have art to look at, point and click sections and choices, so that lenght should go up to 3-4 hours for the average player. But yes, it is short, is my first VN and I didn't want to start with a project I couldn't finish. It took me a while to finish the script actually.

As for the kickstarter, is basically the same. I rather start from the bottom and succeed than try to fly too high and get burned. Additionally, I'll adjust the price to the length, and I'll take my time to make those 3-4 hours of gameplay the highest quality I can.

• 1 month later...

New trailer! Hope you like it. Also I've been working with Sekai Project to get a good translation, UI and more stuff.
New synopsis: 

Cila, a veteran cop with a sour outlook and anger issues expects nothing more from life besides the smell of ozone, blinding neon lights and the ever-present manhole steam. At least, until a shady friend replaces her broken-down housedroid as a favor.

Advanced, more efficient and remarkably perceptive, unit M.A.R.A. begins to penetrate Cila's toughened exterior and possibly even heal her new owner's old wounds – if Cila can decipher the recurring nightmare the process brings. Soon Cila and Mara forge a unique if sometimes uneasy bond.

Unbeknownst to Cila, just as her life begins to find its new normal, the technological giant Velta Labs gets wind of Mara's existence and takes a mysterious interest in the android. 

A war unlike any before it is brewing on the horizon, its players are silently being selected and one android's fate may spell the difference between peace, war, the blossoming of a new religion, or a technological singularity beyond comprehension.

This might be a bit delayed, but congratulations on getting picked up by Sekai Project! I've been following your project on Lemmasoft for a month or two now and I've gotta say; as someone who's not really a fan of this kind of 'synthwave'-y aesthetic in general, I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that your project not only managed to overcome my initial distaste for the style, but actually caught my interest on basis of that very style itself! Very few things are able to convince me to make such a 180-degree turn, especially in terms of my tastes; so the fact that your project did, means that it's doing something very, very right.

The new trailer looks fantastic (to be completely honest, it's leagues above the first trailer, which really didn't manage to capture my interest in the slightest), and the sense of style and balance within the composition is splendidly portrayed - it really captures the world of your project quite spectacularly, and communicates a very real and genuine sense of purpose - honestly, I'd say that that sense of purpose in style is so well-done that even if the rest of the project ends up being lackluster (which I doubt, given the extent of your abilities you've demonstrated heretofore), I'm confident I'd enjoy your project nonetheless. All in all, I wish you the best of luck, and I'm very curious to see where this goes in the future!

• 10 months later...
On 27/8/2017 at 10:44 PM, spncryn said:

This might be a bit delayed, but congratulations on getting picked up by Sekai Project! I've been following your project on Lemmasoft for a month or two now and I've gotta say; as someone who's not really a fan of this kind of 'synthwave'-y aesthetic in general, I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that your project not only managed to overcome my initial distaste for the style, but actually caught my interest on basis of that very style itself! Very few things are able to convince me to make such a 180-degree turn, especially in terms of my tastes; so the fact that your project did, means that it's doing something very, very right.

The new trailer looks fantastic (to be completely honest, it's leagues above the first trailer, which really didn't manage to capture my interest in the slightest), and the sense of style and balance within the composition is splendidly portrayed - it really captures the world of your project quite spectacularly, and communicates a very real and genuine sense of purpose - honestly, I'd say that that sense of purpose in style is so well-done that even if the rest of the project ends up being lackluster (which I doubt, given the extent of your abilities you've demonstrated heretofore), I'm confident I'd enjoy your project nonetheless. All in all, I wish you the best of luck, and I'm very curious to see where this goes in the future!

Wow, thank you for such a well thought, insightful comment. I really appreciate that the new trailer had such a good effect on your opinion. I hope you will enjoy future info, trailers, the demo and of course the final game as well!

12 hours ago, Radi said:

Wow, thank you for such a well thought, insightful comment. I really appreciate that the new trailer had such a good effect on your opinion. I hope you will enjoy future info, trailers, the demo and of course the final game as well!

So the project is alive? I was getting a bit worried with the lack of updates in any visible place. How's your work on it going? :) 

11 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

So the project is alive? I was getting a bit worried with the lack of updates in any visible place. How's your work on it going? :) 

Yeah I wasn't sure what was happening as quite some time passed since we heard anything new about it.

Edited by Nier

On 17/7/2018 at 12:39 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

On 17/7/2018 at 12:06 PM, Nier said:

Yeah I wasn't sure what was happening as quite some time passed since we heard anything new about it.

Yes! The project is 100% alive. Sorry about the lack of updates, I went through some health problems last year so the development stopped, but I'm back at it now yay! The script is fully translated and edited, the base coding and GUI are done and the ost is being worked on. Right now I'm already implementing the script so I could even release a demo already, a part of the game is playable. That being said, there will be a bit more time of silence until Synergia is closer to its release. Hopefully that will happen soon! Also thank you for the support! As a little extra, check out the main menu: 

7OauuIb.jpg

1 hour ago, Radi said:

Yes! The project is 100% alive. Sorry about the lack of updates, I went through some health problems last year so the development stopped, but I'm back at it now yay! The script is fully translated and edited, the base coding and GUI are done and the ost is being worked on. Right now I'm already implementing the script so I could even release a demo already, a part of the game is playable. That being said, there will be a bit more time of silence until Synergia is closer to its release. Hopefully that will happen soon! Also thank you for the support! As a little extra, check out the main menu: 

That sounds great, I've talked with a few people in the past months wondering what happened to this project, it's really nice to hear it's back on track. Do you have a Twitter or any other place where you post updates beyond here and Lemmasoft Forums? :)

As a little extra, check out the main menu

Damn, this looks fine too. I guess good aesthetic isn't everything, but the more I see the more exciting this one gets. It can't be a bad sign. :3

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

That sounds great, I've talked with a few people in the past months wondering what happened to this project, it's really nice to hear it's back on track.

I think I was one of those people lol.

This is my most anticipated VN. I'm really glad to hear that the progress is going well.

On 22/7/2018 at 12:06 AM, Plk_Lesiak said:

That sounds great, I've talked with a few people in the past months wondering what happened to this project, it's really nice to hear it's back on track. Do you have a Twitter or any other place where you post updates beyond here and Lemmasoft Forums? :)

Damn, this looks fine too. I guess good aesthetic isn't everything, but the more I see the more exciting this one gets. It can't be a bad sign. :3

Yep! I post stuff fron the game from time to time in my twitter account, here you have it: https://twitter.com/BloodDaughters Also I hope you like the rest of the game as much as the aesthetics haha

On 22/7/2018 at 5:08 AM, Zalor said:

I think I was one of those people lol.

This is my most anticipated VN. I'm really glad to hear that the progress is going well.

Aww, thank you, I'm glad you like it that much!! 

Chiming in to say I love the aesthetic, but the premise sounds pretty damn great, too! I love well-done cyberpunk and the premise sounds very interesting. I love the mundane start, MARA being basically a household appliance.

I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues—I've also got some chronic issues that are impacting dev work and it's frustrating. I hope you're doing better now!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/7/2018 at 6:34 PM, LadyIsak said:

Chiming in to say I love the aesthetic, but the premise sounds pretty damn great, too! I love well-done cyberpunk and the premise sounds very interesting. I love the mundane start, MARA being basically a household appliance.

I'm very sorry to hear about your health issues—I've also got some chronic issues that are impacting dev work and it's frustrating. I hope you're doing better now!

Thank you! My health is a lot better now, even though I'll keep having some little chronic problems for the rest of my life, its something I can bear heh I hope you can ''carry''your health issues as well, never let them carry you instaid. I'm happy to hear you like the game's premise and I hope you'll like how the story unfolds! 

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone! It's been a while since the last time I updated this post. I'm glad to say I have a lot of new information about Synergia's development. First of all, due to professional disagreements, I've decided to cut ties with Sekai and move to what I think will be a better partner given the needs of the project: Top Hat Studios

About the development, translation is finished, but the script is now being edited thanks to Top Hat's help. UI is also finished and mostly working. 

Just a few days ago we announced the game being published by Top Hat, here is the trailer with some small changes: 

As well as the beautiful visual aesthetic, Synergia has a incredible and vivid soundtrack, composed by one of the composers of Katawa Shoujo: AoiichiNiiSan  (Andy Andi Han)

We'll be producing several special DATA LOGS which will show to you more of the world and music of Synergia. The first I've made available on youtube already:

And thats all for now, but there will be more coming soon, so stay tuned! 
Remember that you can check my twitter to find more about the game: BloodDaughters

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...