HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!!

mitchhamilton

:mare:

please dont kill yourselves. :kosame:

so yeah, its valentines day today in some parts of the world. a time to show your loved one.... er, stuff! \ :mare: / a time to be romantic, eat chocolate, drink some wine. :makina: anyone got any plans or stories for this day? how is it so far.

me? i already received chocolates for the day. ^ ^ stupid aunt. :yumiko:  nothing really planned for the day except to eat em and think about the crippling depression i am feeling that is slowly swallowing me up while i contemplate the universe and my existence in it. :komari:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!! :mare:

others claim that the Christian church may have decided to place St. Valentine’s feast day in the middle of February in an effort to “Christianize” the pagan celebration of Lupercalia. Celebrated at the ides of February, or February 15, Lupercalia was a fertility festival dedicated to Faunus, the Roman god of agriculture, as well as to the Roman founders Romulus and Remus.

To begin the festival, members of the Luperci, an order of Roman priests, would gather at a sacred cave where the infants Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been cared for by a she-wolf or lupa. The priests would sacrifice a goat, for fertility, and a dog, for purification. They would then strip the goat’s hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Far from being fearful, Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city’s bachelors would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These matches often ended in marriage.

Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”–at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine’s Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love. During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed in France and England that February 14 was the beginning of birds’ mating season, which added to the idea that the middle of Valentine’s Day should be a day for romance.

http://www.history.com/topics/valentines-day/history-of-valentines-day

To be honest ... Lupercalia sounds more entertaining. Just sayin'

Today felt like the plot of some bad TV show.  At work my boss call everyone into a meeting room and gave everyone personalized chocolate hearts.  Everyone except me... :komari:

With everyone looking at me embarrassed and awkward she tells me "Don't worry I have something special for you.":maple:  She then hands me info on the available severance packages.:marie:

But hey, chocolate is on discount tomorrow! :mare:

12 minutes ago, finiteHP said:

Today felt like the plot of some bad TV show.  At work my boss call everyone into a meeting room and gave everyone personalized chocolate hearts.  Everyone except me... :komari:

With everyone looking at me embarrassed and awkward she tells me "Don't worry I have something special for you.":maple:  She then hands me info on the available severance packages.:marie:

But hey, chocolate is on discount tomorrow! :mare:

you silver tongued devil you. ;)

........wait? :pyaa:

I bought myself Bravely Second for 20 damn bucks as a Valentine's present, does it count?

*Forever alone...*

In truth, it's no present, it's only that I wanted to get it while it lasted; the game seems to have sold badly and its price was reduced. I wasn't willing to pay more than 20, and 20 I paid. Neat.

3 minutes ago, Okarin said:

I bought myself Bravely Second for 20 damn bucks as a Valentine's present, does it count?

*Forever alone...*

In truth, it's no present, it's only that I wanted to get it while it lasted; the game seems to have sold badly and its price was reduced. I wasn't willing to pay more than 20, and 20 I paid. Neat.

hey, thats..... something at least. :mare: