Rance 5D + VI Review Discussion

Kaguya

Good review there. About Rance, well his kind of unique from most of nice guy typical MC (Understatement I knew), but I find him quite interesting and likeable at that to most of people. Although I understand though that Rance was quite infamous. As for no voice, maybe Alicesoft want to save cost from hiring the seiyuu there, although to be honest I didn't knew the exact reason though (Maybe Alicesoft find it was too bothersome perhaps cost issue aside).

As for my personal opinion, I'd find Rance VI was quite enjoyable while 5D was too random but still tolerable though. That's all for my comment here.

Edited by littleshogun

6 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for no voice, maybe Alicesoft want to save cost from hiring the seiyuu there, although to be honest I didn't knew the exact reason though (Maybe Alicesoft find it was too bothersome perhaps cost issue aside).

I trend away from mainstream opinion here. I'm a big fan of no voices for this exact reason. Less money spent on voice acting means not only the possibility of extra content, but it also means the game doesn't have to sell as well to recoup money. The latter reason means more risks could be taken with the content, whereas as a large budget game will have to try and pander to the largest possible audience group possible.

7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Good review there. About Rance, well his kind of unique from most of nice guy typical MC (Understatement I knew), but I find him quite interesting and likeable at that to most of people. Although I understand though that Rance was quite infamous.

yeah, i agree. i was reading a vn not too long ago and the vn took place in the same universe as rance and the mc was just super nice to everyone all the time and i just found him so boring. rance is unpredictable in a humorous way.

36 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

yeah, i agree. i was reading a vn not too long ago and the vn took place in the same universe as rance and the mc was just super nice to everyone all the time and i just found him so boring. rance is unpredictable in a humorous way.

He has an actual personality, unlike most VN protagonists. People may not like that personality, but at least it isn't dull.

10 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

i didnt like him at first but he grew on me. the mc i was speaking of before was from that eiyuu senki vn. he was so boring. :vinty:

Well it is one of those games in which you get to rename the protagonist, I kinda take that as an admission from the developers that they didn't even try.

3 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

The universes of those series might seem similar at a first glance, but they're far apart from each other and certainly not the same.

6 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

The universes of those series might seem similar at a first glance, but they're far apart from each other and certainly not the same.

well, later in senki a portal or something opens up and that samurai chick who.... i guess i should use spoiler for this.

Spoiler

that samurai girl in sengoku rance who fell in love with him at first sight pops into the senki world to fight for him.

13 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

well, later in senki a portal or something opens up and that samurai chick who.... i guess i should use spoiler for this.

Hide contents

that samurai girl in sengoku rance who fell in love with him at first sight pops into the senki world to fight for him.

I mean it's a crossover character sure but the universes of those series are so different that eeeeeh. 

11 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

Reveal hidden contents

I guess the reason of that would be the writer herself (Tori), which in turn also responsible for most of Rance games as the writer (Including Rance VI here as well). The cameo was most likely some sort of Easter Egg from the author, and of course it's not in the same universe. As for Senki, no comment other than to each of their own I suppose.